• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
I'm starting a new job tomorrow, which I'm both nervous and excited about. (hours are very limited, since it's teaching English online to students in China and there's a roughly twelve hour time difference, but every little bit helps) Getting up in time to start work at 6:30 isn't something that I'm looking forward to, but that should only last until Daylight Savings Time occurs. (China doesn't observe that, so I can start at 7:30 instead and still get two shifts in)

I also started reading Dan Slott's run on the Fantastic Four through Marvel Unlimited; I'm liking it so far, and I'll have to look up other modern runs to see what's been well-received. (so far, I've been using Marvel Unlimited to catch up on older comics, which can be intimidating given that most of the characters have been around for 50+ years)

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
I'm starting a new job tomorrow, which I'm both nervous and excited about. (hours are very limited, since it's teaching English online to students in China and there's a roughly twelve hour time difference, but every little bit helps) Getting up in time to start work at 6:30 isn't something that I'm looking forward to, but that should only last until Daylight Savings Time occurs. (China doesn't observe that, so I can start at 7:30 instead and still get two shifts in)
Good luck on your job dude. Its nervous at first but once you start doing it for the next couple of weeks it'll be no hassle. That's what I learned when I started doing my second job at the end of last month.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
Team rocket gets cramarant?

It better launch Pikachu
GF: "How do we get our hardcore fanbase to leave us alone and let us get away with stingy business practices?"

Intern: "Event shiny that's never been distributed?"

Switch owners:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I joined this random raid on my friends list and holy ****!
32027B52-8D1A-46CE-A913-60B00A4D7FC1.jpeg

I caught this! I don’t even think they used the raid method to get this, as they haven’t opened the same raid.

When I saw it was shiny I screamed what the **** lmao. I was caught off guard. I just wanted gmax Grimmsnarl for mewtwo

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Got further along in Nightmare mode in MUA3. I also got Storm's Alternate Costume and it's 2nd color. Anti-Venom's alt is available, but not the regular version unfortunately. I can get Psylocke's costume next at least. And I'm working towards getting Symbiote Spider-Man, I even made some decent progress towards that. I got more than half the missions done in the rift that requires it.

Though that Slim Chance one is still kind of kicking me around.

D

Deleted member

GF: "How do we get our hardcore fanbase to leave us alone and let us get away with stingy business practices?"

Intern: "Event shiny that's never been distributed?"

Switch owners:
Not necessarily as an event, but you can actually get shiny Celebi in Crystal for the VC, thanks to not being shiny locked. I think that makes it the only mythical legendary you can properly soft-reset for a shiny for.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
Not necessarily as an event, but you can actually get shiny Celebi in Crystal for the VC, thanks to not being shiny locked. I think that makes it the only mythical legendary you can properly soft-reset for a shiny for.
...Well then, Imma go do that.

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
So I'm actually starting to do understand while coronavirus isn't as deadly as made out to be there's still a reason to be concerned. Getting sick is never fun given my experiences plus whenever an pandemic occurs containing it is just to be safe and cautious.

I do apologize for having been insensitive regarding outbreaks the other day. That said though this will die down eventually just like every other outbreak that's happened over the pass years until it does so I wish everyone to be safe and my condolences to those whose died to it (Mostly the elderly and people with health complications).

So remember three things.

1. Always wash your hands.
2. Keep an good distance from people in public.
3. Don't touch surfaces if you can since it can survive for 9 days on there.
So my friends on here I understand talking about about Pokemon but.

A guy I know was talking "Oh Irepan there, do you really think this backwoods of both UK and Ireland here would ever get any cases? It won't happen!"
Son of a ***** jinxed it. And this was three hours ago.
Stay safe my dude.

Last edited:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Got further along in Nightmare mode in MUA3. I also got Storm's Alternate Costume and it's 2nd color. Anti-Venom's alt is available, but not the regular version unfortunately. I can get Psylocke's costume next at least. And I'm working towards getting Symbiote Spider-Man, I even made some decent progress towards that. I got more than half the missions done in the rift that requires it.

Though that Slim Chance one is still kind of kicking me around.
How did you get Storm's alternate costume? From how you described it, it sounded like you got it using SHIELD points, which would be preferable to how I got it (doing a bunch of online playthroughs in the Danger Room)

For Anti-Venom (and the alternate costumes for Ms. Marvel, Miles Morales, and Spider-Gwen), there's a series of prizes that you can see on the main menu (you have to press X), and going down the track unlocks those costumes. You can only make progress by playing through Danger Room missions. The fastest way to do that is by playing online and set it to the highest setting (Delta - you might have to unlock that by playing online against/with people who have already unlocked it), but it can get repetitive.

When playing online on that setting, though, you go up two tiers if your team wins (which gets you a bunch of XP cubes and SHIELD points, along with voice lines and occasionally a costume) or one if your team loses. I usually just set up an online room, start the game once one other person has joined, and do something else so that the other person goes up two tiers and I go up one tier.

However, Storm's alternate costume (along with others, like Old Man Logan) were previously available through that method, so if you did get Storm's alt with SHIELD points, Anti-Venom will be made available through that as well.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

...Well then, Imma go do that.
Do note that, due to it being Gen 2, it's still the old 1/8192 instead of the current 1/4096 chance and no Shiny Charm to increase it. On the bright side, due to being Gen 2, it's very easy to clone Pokemon and items.

Well, good luck if you decide to do it.

Shyy_Guy595

Smash Champion
I'm wondering why Celebi is in the movie at all. They gonna have a battle or something? Usually mythicals are rivals or battle it out with a legendary or something akin to one.

DerpingPikachu

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5074-6946-5113
Apparently rehydrated DOES have new gameplay but people aren’t allowed to record it -_- someone snuck a five second clip

Why are you hiding it from me I know it’s there thq

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Two things.

1. The Proud Family is getting a new series/season on Disney+.

2. This dude does really great art and I need to share it.

There was a problem fetching the tweet

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
How did you get Storm's alternate costume? From how you described it, it sounded like you got it using SHIELD points, which would be preferable to how I got it (doing a bunch of online playthroughs in the Danger Room)

For Anti-Venom (and the alternate costumes for Ms. Marvel, Miles Morales, and Spider-Gwen), there's a series of prizes that you can see on the main menu (you have to press X), and going down the track unlocks those costumes. You can only make progress by playing through Danger Room missions. The fastest way to do that is by playing online and set it to the highest setting (Delta - you might have to unlock that by playing online against/with people who have already unlocked it), but it can get repetitive.

When playing online on that setting, though, you go up two tiers if your team wins (which gets you a bunch of XP cubes and SHIELD points, along with voice lines and occasionally a costume) or one if your team loses. I usually just set up an online room, start the game once one other person has joined, and do something else so that the other person goes up two tiers and I go up one tier.

However, Storm's alternate costume (along with others, like Old Man Logan) were previously available through that method, so if you did get Storm's alt with SHIELD points, Anti-Venom will be made available through that as well.
I don't have the Switch online, but the game updated so that event costumes would be made available later. Got those points by doing the default Gauntlet and playing through Nightmare mode. I'll probably get the DLC at a later point, but not at this very moment is all.

The Shield Depot has all the X-Men DLC costumes, as well as some of the Avengers ones. Though Spider-Man and Hulk are still in one of the rifts, I'm assuming Venom's will come out when the FF update drops, but who knows for sure whether that'll happen or not.

I don't know how Symbiote Spider-Man's Alt color, the Iron Spider looking one, will be available though, or if I get both by getting all the mission done in that rift.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
I don't have the Switch online, but the game updated so that event costumes would be made available later. Got those points by doing the default Gauntlet and playing through Nightmare mode. I'll probably get the DLC at a later point, but not at this very moment is all.

The Shield Depot has all the X-Men DLC costumes, as well as some of the Avengers ones. Though Spider-Man and Hulk are still in one of the rifts, I'm assuming Venom's will come out when the FF update drops, but who knows for sure whether that'll happen or not.

I don't know how Symbiote Spider-Man's Alt color, the Iron Spider looking one, will be available though, or if I get both by getting all the mission done in that rift.
If World War Hulk and Carol Danvers' Ms. Marvel costume are any indication, I assume that the alt colour will show up in the SHIELD Depot once you unlock the original costume.

D

Deleted member

The Fantastic Four update comes next month, lol:

ERA27raVAAEExOI.jpeg.jpg

I'm really hyped about the fact they chose to use my currently favourite designs for the team.

Reed with a beard has grown so much on me that going back to old media and seeing him without it does feel really strange.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
If they used the Pokemon of the Year poll for a fighter's pass, here's who would be in.
View attachment 264011
thoughts?
Well I’m working on moveset ideas for 5 of them in my Pokémon Smash style fighter already, Sylveon and Umbreon will be part of Eevee’s moves, so I think all these guys have potential.

Rangez

Dimensional Dile-Up
And so, I dropped out of Pokemon Silver again...

There's just something about the old-fashioned nature of the game that doesn't click with me all too well.

D

Deleted member

If World War Hulk and Carol Danvers' Ms. Marvel costume are any indication, I assume that the alt colour will show up in the SHIELD Depot once you unlock the original costume.
In regards to the DLC X-Men costume thing:

They are making all the costumes from the Danger Room events available for everyone through the S.H.I.E.L.D. store whenever the event ends.

It is a move I really welcome Koei Tecmo for, since It is good for content preservation in the future.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Anyways, this picture in particular from is2_p, that guy who's Twitter I linked to, is really badass.

Command Mission Mega Man X by is2_p.jpg

I know what I'm using for my next avatar here. It's too clean.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom