• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Eh, I don't think a few characters would hurt the plot or setting.

Unless they start adding characters in droves just to try and make the movies seem more loyal to the games, they'll be fine.
Personally I think the only characters will be classic Sonic characters (Sonic, Tails, Knuckles, Amy, Metal Sonic) with the possible additions of Tikal and Pachamac (Give Knuckles more to work with), Shadow the Hedgehog (because of course they will) and a cameo from Big the Cat.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
I’m struggling to understand where your coming from with this complaint because out of the 6 games that have come out since Sonic 06 Shadow was only in two of them and he was barely involved with the plot of either. Like, are you going off of the twitter takeovers? The comics? His one appearance in the Boom cartoon?
Basically yes, all the games or media Shadow have appareared since the "Color era" (when they changed the cast again) have made him very one-note (A Vegeta clone, even though Shadow had more to him than that ) and/or just there to be there. Sega could do interesting stuff with him, but maybe outside of the recent IDW comic (which I'm not very familiar of admittedly, so feel free to correct me there if I'm wrong)), I struggle to think what Shadow did that is noteworthy, and that's the kind of the problem with Shadow as of now, he is only know THE edgy Sonic character that "ruined" the franchise for many and/or doesn't fit with Sonic brighter tone, and it seem like it won't change anytime soon, from what I seen atleast.

That's a shame imo, because Shadow is a character that I feel has still potentials if given the right setting & writting team, but sadly, the only game that could have that, Sonic Force, just failed in pretty much every regard when it come execution. Heck, you don't even fight Shadow Clone, he is beaten in a cutscene by the real one. They had a good excuse to make a cool battle with him & Sonic and they didn't even do that! If it wasn't for Chaos Zero being killed right off the start by Classic Sonic, I think peoples would complains more about how Shadow was another mislead by the marketing of Force trailers, but that's another can of worm on it's own.

Also, Boom Shadow, the Lyric version atleast, is a total joke that come & go as quickly as it arrive and make you wonder even why or how Shadow was put into this game in this state.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Hop being in 2nd is such a fantastic thing to see.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
>No Bea

Going to grab the Infinity Gauntlet really quick to fix that mistake.

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
just realised that the new AC character creator doesn't have any gender settings

you can mix and match what used to be male and female hair and eyes at will, and presumably the same will go for clothes

tom nook has created the ideal society

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
*sees 2-7*
You got good taste, Japan

Last edited:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
just realised that the new AC character creator doesn't have any gender settings

you can mix and match what used to be male and female hair and eyes at will, and presumably the same will go for clothes

You have be able to have male and female hair and clothing while be female and male respectufully starting from new leaf. Its only now that there is no question asking for your sex. They just said "**** it"

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
You have be able to have male and female hair and clothing while be female and male respectufully starting from new leaf. Its only now that there is no question asking for your sex. They just said "**** it"
I recall the mobile game doing the same thing actually, cause I gave my character a skirt for the lolz for like a week cause there weren't any new pants that I could find during that time because I realized that there was no going back.

Haven't played Pocket Camp since it's launch, surprised that it's a well-selling gacha of all things.

D

Deleted member

In before the player character is actually an experiment done by Tom Nook to test these things called "humans" and how they interact in animal society.

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
iirc the hair stuff had an arbitrary time limit where you had to get something like fifteen haircuts of your chosen gender (i.e. fifteen days of spending a ****load of bells) just to unlock the option

nice to have them just go "actually, that's nonsense" for a lot of the restrictions on appearance

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
iirc the hair stuff had an arbitrary time limit where you had to get something like fifteen haircuts of your chosen gender (i.e. fifteen days of spending a ****load of bells) just to unlock the option
Yeah but after you could just pick whatever hairstyle you wanted, I think I always went with the messy hair the boys had and I may pick that in NH too

but on the other hand

The D R E A D S

Last edited:

DerpingPikachu

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5074-6946-5113
I got bored so I drew my dogs are people
35E7D25C-8F92-44E5-85DD-47CFA0468C20.jpeg

E9CD72BC-8668-46C8-B22A-343FB5F590CD.jpeg
My friend called my drawing “skin sonas”
What do you guys think tho lol

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
i mean, i dont see a point in genderlocking certain facial features, so i dont think anyone is gonna complain about its removal

d6nx00g-3c7167b9-bf66-4df1-a89f-d970184b77f7.png

sometimes the boys wanna rock the sparkly eyes

Gyrom8

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-4844-4242-3130
Glad I get to pick exactly how I look, cos some of AC's eye options make you look straight up deranged

D

Deleted member

Well, the Corona Virus reached where I live, with 2 confirmed infected just 20 train minutes away. Hopefully it won't get worse.

This gonna get buried but hey.
And now the day of my birth has begun.
Happy Birthday, Gabriel.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
This is a bit scary.
No. They can’t. They won’t. They couldn’t! They wouldn’t!
Considering how many people liked that nothing is sex based, Id say then already did a pretty good job
I know. It’s just that

as a trans woman

I like having my gender affirmed but outside sources. Even in small things like games. I like it when the characters call me she and I get a huge satisfaction from clicking “yes, I am a girl”. It doesn’t really matter I guess because I don’t play animal crossing, just throwing in my two cents.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom