• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

NurpNurp

Smash Journeyman
Really? ..... I don’t understand. Movie two, Sonic and tails team up to save amy from robotnik and his goons (the echidnas and Metal Sonic) and stop them from getting the chaos emeralds. Knuckles goes turncoat

Movie 3. Robotnik makes shadow and tries to summon chaos. Rouge works for the government.

Those both sound pretty straightforward to me.
I feel like the moment they start adding more Sonic characters to the mix is the moment where the novelty of the movie will wear off and it'll just be more bad video game adaptations

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
I feel like the moment they start adding more Sonic characters to the mix is the moment where the novelty of the movie will wear off and it'll just be more bad video game adaptations
I mean I could see Amy, Knuckles and Metal Sonic fitting in naturally but I could not see Shadow or Rouge or GUN working tonally with what the first movie was going for, especially with how Snake was going about it...

osby

Smash Obsessed
Eh, I don't think a few characters would hurt the plot or setting.

Unless they start adding characters in droves just to try and make the movies seem more loyal to the games, they'll be fine.

NurpNurp

Smash Journeyman

Unless they start adding characters in droves just to try and make the movies seem more loyal to the games, they'll be fine.
I don't know, I'm still personally of the idea that Shadow is poison anything the Sonic franchise does. Love the character, but everything he touches seems to be marred by something

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493

I feel like if they wanted to do something like that, they’d probably need a separate continuity like Spiderverse to live action Spidey.

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
new horizons lets you customize your appearance right off the bat rather than having to play 20 questions with rover to get the approximate look you maybe want

thank god

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
new horizons lets you customize your appearance right off the bat rather than having to play 20 questions with rover to get the approximate look you maybe want

thank god
Now, this is just a thought, but there might be enough cosmetics for me to look like Chara.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble

thank god
Animal Crossing is wild, you get character customization and fans go ape**** and I'm here thinking "what the **** it took 20 years for the franchise to finally get it right?"

osby

Smash Obsessed
I don't know, I'm still personally of the idea that Shadow is poison anything the Sonic franchise does. Love the character, but everything he touches seems to be marred by something
Blaming a character for bad writing doesn't make any sense, especially when Shadow has been written well before.

Personally, "Shadow is the reason modern Sonic bad!" feels like a blind attempt to find a scapegoat for the direction franchise took.

NurpNurp

Smash Journeyman
Blaming a character for bad writing doesn't make any sense, especially when Shadow has been written well before.

Personally, "Shadow is the reason modern Sonic bad!" feels like a blind attempt to find a scapegoat for the direction franchise took.
I don't think it's solely because of Shadow that the series is how it is now (admittedly I probably could have worded my post better), but there seems to be a downward trend in the games ever since he came back to life in Heroes. All things considered, it's probably just because I'm older now and Shadow just seems more like a tired trope to me at this point.

Cracke

Smash Journeyman
Animal Crossing is wild, you get character customization and fans go ape**** and I'm here thinking "what the **** it took 20 years for the franchise to finally get it right?"
I didn't even realize that there was no customization in the last games. How'd they get everyone looking unique then? I'm so confused.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
No Direct announcement yet. Still have rest of the day otherwise we can rule one out this week and month.

Last edited:

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
not quite, you had to answer three questions from rover in a certain order at the start of the game, like how DQ3 has you pick a personality

there were plenty of flowcharts and it was charming enough but when you just want a specific look it was a nightmare

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585

thank god
12Cu.gif

Thank you Nintendo

Cracke

Smash Journeyman
I mean.... Nintendo is a Japanese company. That’s probably why.
Still doesn't makes sense how it's required to have that action in game to have something that a great chunk of the population has. I'll never understand how Japan often forgets melanin exists often.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
About Shadow, if Sega could stop forcing writter make him a wannabe Vegeta in all media he apparear now and gave his characters some more room to breath & express himself, I think he could still fit just fine. SA2 & 06 show he isn't against having friends or peoples to help him & even respect Sonic alot, and not in a overly "tsundere" way, where he avoid to saying it to his face. Shadow isn't solely defined by his pride in earlier titles - outside of his own game ironically enough, tho even then, in the true ending, he decide to let it go and become a better person - but due to all the "EDGe" memes & Sega beng too scared of doing anything interesting with their characters ( probably due to Sonic 06 failure & the Ken Pender controversy), Shadow, among others, are just...there.

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Still doesn't makes sense how it's required to have that action in game to have something that a great chunk of the population has. I'll never understand how Japan often forgets melanin exists often.
I don’t want to speak out of turn but I don’t think that a lot of dark skinned people live in Japan. I think they forget due to lack of exposure.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
About Shadow, if Sega could stop forcing writter make him a wannabe Vegeta in all media he apparear now and gave his characters some more room to breath & express himself, I think he could still fit just fine. SA2 & 06 show he isn't against having friends or peoples to help him & even respect Sonic alot, and not in a overly "tsundere" way, where he avoid to saying it to his face. Shadow isn't solely defined by his pride in earlier titles - outside of his own game ironically enough, tho even then, in the true ending, he decide to let it go and become a better person - but due to all the "EDGe" memes & Sega beng too scared of doing anything interesting with their characters ( probably due to Sonic 06 failure & the Ken Pender controversy), Shadow, among others, are just...there.
I’m struggling to understand where your coming from with this complaint because out of the 6 games that have come out since Sonic 06 Shadow was only in two of them and he was barely involved with the plot of either. Like, are you going off of the twitter takeovers? The comics? His one appearance in the Boom cartoon?

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
I don’t want to speak out of turn but I don’t think that a lot of dark skinned people live in Japan. I think they forget due to lack of exposure.
There are tanned and black Japanese people. Its just they think light skin is nicer looking, you know, comes with being xenophobic and racist and all that jazz

NurpNurp

Smash Journeyman
There are tanned and black Japanese people. Its just they think light skin is nicer looking, you know, comes with being xenophobic and racist and all that jazz
Japan in general always strikes me as this great, idyllic, utopian example of what a metropolitan should be, then you look under the surface and discover that it's just as prejudiced, and reality comes swinging back. Thankfully, it does seem like Nintendo is trying to appeal to a more widespread audience with their representation now, but Japan as a whole kind of seems like those polite aunt and uncles in your family that you've never had a problem with, personally, but you catch on pretty quick to the fact that they don't like people with different skin colors and it's overall just disheartening

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
I currently own both the entire series' of Ultra Q and Ultraman on Blu-Ray. Gonna try to grab myself Ultraseven on my local movie store by my birthday using my money. I'd buy it now but I gotta start to budget myself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom