• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
I'm envious of you right now. I want an animal companion so badly but I'm not really in a position where adopting one would be responsible.

They're a lot of work but dogs are such amazing creatures if you're willing to put in the effort.
I love dogs so that's a good start haha

I have some provisions to be ready and make sure I get started on the right foot: I have one chew toy, multiple bowls for food and water, a brush, shedding-reducing shampoo that also has aloe that will soothe the dog's skin, a leash, and a collar.

Things I still need to get are: the dog itself, a dog bed, treats, food, a gate, and potentially other things that I'm not remembering atm.

MBRedboy31

Smash Lord
you know.... Sakurai would be in an interesting place if Crash got in. He hasn’t really been in a position where he would need to mention PlayStation consoles to describe a characters history in those little presentations. But with Crash, well, I’m interesting seeing how he dances around it.
If Nintendo really demanded that he not mention the PlayStation, he could more vaguely say “Crash debuted in Crash Bandicoot in 1996” without saying what console it is for. Trophy descriptions for characters in Brawl and Smash 4 that debuted on a non-Nintendo console (Sonic, Snake, Bayo, ect.) were treated similarly, where it listed the game title and release date but had a blank for the console.

Shroob

Sup?
I love dogs so that's a good start haha

I have some provisions to be ready and make sure I get started on the right foot: I have one chew toy, multiple bowls for food and water, a brush, shedding-reducing shampoo that also has aloe that will soothe the dog's skin, a leash, and a collar.

Things I still need to get are: the dog itself, a dog bed, treats, food, a gate, and potentially other things that I'm not remembering atm.
Depending on the size of the dog

As a dog owner of 17 years, trust me

They'll want your bed more than their own lol

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946

better be prepared to beat those Byleths

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
Trying to work on some concept art for a character. Hair needs some work and I'm gonna touch up the eyes, but it doesn't look that awful.
1579816813828.png

Last edited:

Wunderwaft

Smash Master
Replaying Tropical Freeze. Games a masterpiece. Really want another DK game.
Oh it's definitely one of the best 2D platformers of the past decade. It'll take a while until we get another DK game though, Retro is busy with Metroid and no one else is around to pick up their mantle.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Trying to get in some practice with Widowmaker. But I can't really see why anyone would play her when Ashe exists. Maybe I'm missing something but I feel like my performance difference between the two favors Ashe far more.

Got the Nova skin for Widowmaker though, and that's got to be my most favorite skin in the game.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
And yet you're racist against Rillaboom smh /s
I don’t hate Rillaboom because they’re a gorilla. I hate them because they’re a big dumb meathead who wants to eat my child.
Oh it's definitely one of the best 2D platformers of the past decade. It'll take a while until we get another DK game though, Retro is busy with Metroid and no one else is around to pick up their mantle.
I still want to know what they were doing the past 5 years. Even if whatever it was was cancelled.

You know how when the two Retro DK games were made there were a tonne of Metroid fans upset that it was that instead of another Metroid Prime? That’s kind of how I feel about this. Just because there’s really no one free within the company to work on it except the 2D Mario team and I do NOT want them touching DK. We don’t need the NSMB of DK.

But like, who else is there? Next Level Games?

Last edited:

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
I don’t hate Rillaboom because they’re a gorilla. I hate them because they’re a big dumb meathead who wants to eat my child.
Don't get it twisted. DK still wants to eat your child, he just waits 'till they grow up.
1579818697866.png

Gotta wait 'till they're ripe.

Last edited:

Wunderwaft

Smash Master
I still want to know what they were doing the past 5 years. Even if whatever it was was cancelled.

You know how when the two Retro DK games were made there were a tonne of Metroid fans upset that it was that instead of another Metroid Prime? That’s kind of how I feel about this. Just because there’s really no one free within the company to work on it except the 2D Mario team and I do NOT want them touching DK. We don’t need the NSMB of DK.

But like, who else is there? Next Level Games?
We probably will never know what Retro was working on unless someone leaks it. As for who can make a good DK game, beats me. I don't trust Nintendo EPD for it since they seem to dislike/not care about characters that weren't created by them, a team that isn't passionate about what they're creating isn't something to be hopeful about.

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
Replaying Tropical Freeze. Games a masterpiece. Really want another DK game.
Oh, I remember playing this and Country Returns long time ago. Also I loved doing the minecart levels so much.:bee: (Good memories...)
And another Donkey Kong Country would be awesome with Lanky, Tiny and Chunky as playable characters and K. Rool and his Kremlings returning as antagonists.

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Don't get it twisted. DK still wants to eat your child, he just waits 'till they grow up.
View attachment 259384
Gotta wait 'till they're ripe.
Why did you have to turn this into a sex thing?
Something I had in mind for a new DKC game is K. Rool returning with a fortress that generates a massive superstorm with ambitions of flooding the world and defeating the DK crew one and for all.
Whatever his plan is, K. Rool definitely needs to come back as the main villain again.
Oh, I remember playing this and Country Returns long time ago. Also I loved doing the minecart levels so much.:bee: (Good memories...)
And another Donkey Kong Country would be awesome with Lanky, Tiny and Chunky as playable characters and K. Rool and his Kremlings returning as antagonists.
Hmmm. Playing as them in 2D would be interesting.....

D

Deleted member

This took me ****ing hours to do but I am proud of myself, :p
This was originally going to be a kirby and/or yoshi version, but I couldn't find anything that after editing wouldn't get me banned(Kirby smiling with red eyes is creepy *shivers)

Oh, Mario, you ain't looking.....wait.... O H N O
sketch1579820831728.png

He's been taken over by the Link Joker da! RUUUUUUUN

D

Deleted member

Hi how are you lets change the subject yes ok
I was actually thinking about whether or not to share something involving Smash speculation just released at Papagenos’ Discord server.

I have many reasons to doubt it, but if any of you really want to check it out I could share it.

Has to do with an alledged leak of Fighter 6.

DerpingPikachu

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5074-6946-5113
I was actually thinking about whether or not to share something involving Smash speculation just released at Papagenos’ Discord server.

I have many reasons to doubt it, but if any of you really want to check it out I could share it.

Has to do with an alledged leak of Fighter 6.
Oh, neat.
Is it still Crash or someone new?

D

Deleted member

Oh, neat.
Is it still Crash or someone new?
Oh, I suppose I will share it alongside the reasons why I doubt it.

Basically, it seems that Papageno has been PM’d in the past by someone who seemingly shared with them a prototype of the Byleth presentation or something through screenshots of the Cuphead Mii costume reveal around October.

Said person had days later returned to him claiming Crash will be Fighter 6 out of nowhere, and Papagenos has took those conversations on a bigger light after the Byleth presentation.

7D763B71-1ABD-49E1-9E1D-12DC8DD837F8.jpeg

7F00A80F-D88C-4653-AD80-0FE9C9878069.jpeg

167E74D7-1DB8-42B2-9309-6290ADB9A55F.jpeg

Now, this all may seem cool at first... but I have reasons to seriously doubt it:

>First the elephant in the room: the fact the colours of the Cuphead banner are not the same as in the presentation. One could argue it is a prototype version of the banner but I honestly wouldn’t count on it 100%.

>Papagenos has recently been trying to pass his Byleth reaction as some sort of unortodox prank. I want to give the benefit of the doubt but after that I am seriously more doubtful about this kind of stuff.

>The Cuphead banner isn’t that hard to recreate and maybe that person had a really lucky guess.

Anyways, this is just stuff I wanted to share as a request of a topic change. I honestly don’t care who Fighter 6 is.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Oh, I suppose I will share it alongside the reasons why I doubt it.

Basically, it seems that Papageno has been PM’d in the past by someone who seemingly shared with them a prototype of the Byleth presentation or something through screenshots of the Cuphead Mii costume reveal around October.

Said person had days later returned to him claiming Crash will be Fighter 6 out of nowhere, and Papagenos has took those conversations on a bigger light after the Byleth presentation.

Now, this all may seem cool at first... but I have reasons to seriously doubt it:

>First the elephant in the room: the fact the colours of the Cuphead banner are not the same as in the presentation. One could argue it is a prototype version of the banner but I honestly wouldn’t count on it 100%.

>Papagenos has recently been trying to pass his Byleth reaction as some sort of unortodox prank. I want to give the benefit of the doubt but after that I am seriously more doubtful about this kind of stuff.

>The Cuphead banner isn’t that hard to recreate and maybe that person had a really lucky guess.

Anyways, this is just stuff I wanted to share as a request of a topic change. I honestly don’t care who Fighter 6 is.
Eh. This doesn’t really do anything to the credibility of the other Crash leak. But its cool to see.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom