• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
You know, Johnny Bravo was way ahead of it's time. The show pretty much taught boys that no matter how good looking you are, you'll never find a date if you keep harassing girls over and over again, and you'll still be a loser.

Plus, it was really funny.
Reminds me that I still need to watch more of my (bootleg) complete series DVD set.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
This lineup looked so good...

Until you had to say Eliwood. Byleth is 100% the last FE character, hated or no.
I’m not a fan of the double dipping with multiple characters from the same company. Plus it doesn’t feel like there’s much variety.

Then again we got THREE RPG characters in Vol. 1 so I guess that doesn’t matter much.

UtopianPoyzin

Smash Master
Writing Team
Not sure, I’ll get back to you when I find out.
Switch FC
SW 1975-0838-2970
I had a good time rereading the Social Thread. It kind of went down as J expected: some people really liked, some people really didn’t. At least here, there wasn’t much fighting between pro-Byleth and anti-Byleth groups. However, I REALLY wanted to bring this up.

I'm very excited for this presentation, Smash presentations always hype me up, even if I have no connection to the character being shown, and the mystique of the whole thing is making me absolutely giddy!

Byleth may be my most wanted character at the moment, but whoever gets in, I'm sure they'll be great and I look forward to seeing them!
It's 35 minutes iirc. More than just an announce.

Speaking of, it's terribly made, but still made me chuckle when I threw this together in GIMP

[Hoes Mad Meme]
NurpNurp NurpNurp is a ****ing time traveler who predicted both Byleth AND Hoes Mad a day before the direct. GFG NurpNurp, GFG.

Raxxel

Hipster Heavyweight Champ
NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
Lets look at the DLC release schedule try to predict when we will see the next set of fighters.

Piranha Plant was announced on November 1st, 2018, and was released on January 29th, 2019.There were about 2 months between announcement and release.
Joker was announced on December 6th, 2018 and was released on April 17th, 2019. There was 4 months between announcement and release, and 2 months from the last DLC fighter.
The Hero was announced on June 11th, 2019 and was released on July 30th, 2019. There was about 2 months between announcement and release and it was 3 months from the last fighter.
Banjo and Kazooie was announced on June 11th, 2019 and was released on September 4th. There was about 3 months between announcement and release, and it was 2 months since the last fighter.
Terry was announced on September 4th, 2019 and was released on November 6th, 2019. There was about 2 months between announcement and release and it was about 2 months from the last DLC fighter.
Byleth was announced on January 16th, 2020 and will be released on January 28th, 2020. There is 2 weeks between announcement and release and there was about 2 months from the last DLC fighter.

Given this release schedule, and we know we have 2 years to to release everyone, there are a few things we can take from this.

1) They did not start on the DLC pass until after PP. The same is happening with Season Pass 2. I doubt they will start until after Byleth is released. If we look at it that way
2) the first character will probably be released around or at E3. They might announce the character before in a direct, to get people interested in the pass, but the character will probably be out sometime late spring/early summer.
3) looks to be about 3/4 months between each character.

I think we can assume this

Byleth - Janurary 2020
FP6 - May/June 2020
FP7 - September 2020
FP8 - Janurary 2021
FP9 - May 2021
FP10 - September 2021
FP11 - December 2021 (would be cool to have the final DLC character released on december 7th)

That is what I am thinking anyway. As for predictions.
View attachment 258749
Are you expecting an FE7 remake, hence the Eliwood prediction?

If so sign me up cause GOD do I love FE7. Might be my favorite FE period, such a good game. Having its characters and maps be given new life would be amazing.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Something just crossed my mind. At this point I am almost certain that if we ever get a playable indie character in Smash, it will be Quote/Curly. The first indie game to get widespread mainstream attention and to get in good with Nintendo.
Are you expecting an FE7 remake, hence the Eliwood prediction?

If so sign me up cause GOD do I love FE7. Might be my favorite FE period, such a good game. Having its characters and maps be given new life would be amazing.
You know, I think it makes more sense to remake a ROY’s game considering it’s still never made it to the west.

Last edited:

Raxxel

Hipster Heavyweight Champ
NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
Something just crossed my mind. At this point I am almost certain that if we ever get a playable indie character in Smash, it will be Quote/Curly. The first indie game to get widespread mainstream attention and to get in good with Nintendo.

You know, I think it makes more sense to remake a ROY’s game considering it’s still never made it to the west.
You're right, though I don't like to admit it because FE6, while still being decent, is my least favorite of the GBA games. Though perhaps a remake would help it then if it made Roy actually have good stat growths.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
My sister posted this on Facebook and it's way too perfect right now.
I will get that Shiny Blipbug. And I'm not gonna quit until I do. But for now, I'm gonna stop so I can get some Overwatch done today.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble

FE7 should come first at the very least as it's a prequel, by having FE7 first, you can not only go "Hey guys, Roy's game is next! You like Roy?" But ALSO go "Did you like the FE7 remake? Here's the next installment and it's a sequel to FE7!"

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
I'd love an FE7 remake, but I agree that if either of the Elibe games were remade it'd be FE6 first, particularly since one of the directors at IS mentioned they wanted a Binding Blade remake and they could easily market it with Roy.

With that said, if I had to make a choice between the Japan-only FE games I'd rather they do Genealogy first. That's next in line after the Archanea and Valentia games and of the three Japanese exclusive games I feel it wants the updates the most, so I want that to get the remake first before we move on to Roy's game.

Last edited:

Shadowwolflink

Smash Master
The more I think about all of you saying "Rillaboom" is going to be DLC, the less I think it will actually happen.

Traditionally, the grass starter is the least popular of the 3 and if Fighter Pack 2 was finalized long before November, then that means Sakurai had to pick which Pokemon he would add before the world even officially knew what the final evolutions looked like. I could see Cinderace or Obstagoon (if a Pokemon even happens, which I don't think will).

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
The more I think about all of you saying "Rillaboom" is going to be DLC, the less I think it will actually happen.

Traditionally, the grass starter is the least popular of the 3 and if Fighter Pack 2 was finalized long before November, then that means Sakurai had to pick which Pokemon he would add before the world even officially knew what the final evolutions looked like. I could see Cinderace or Obstagoon (if a Pokemon even happens, which I don't think will).
Yeah. I don’t think a Pokémon is happening either. Why would they do that spirit event if a gen 8 min was coming. That idea proved true with Three Houses after all.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
I mean given the newest Fire Emblem game got a rep. Pokemon being the popular series more so then the Mario series is bound to get an Gen 8 Starter.
Yeah. I don’t think a Pokémon is happening either. Why would they do that spirit event if a gen 8 min was coming. That idea proved true with Three Houses after all.
Pokemon's popularity though and how many fighters its already got. I can guarantee we'll be seeing one of the Starters for sure if the newest Fire Emblem game got a rep.

Betting on Rillaboom.

Last edited:

Shyy_Guy595

Smash Champion

Obstagoon? I giess, but Toxtricity is also a good one people have been predicting. I've actually seen quite a few DLC Pack 2 images where Tox is the Pokémon they predict.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Jotting that down right next to “Galarian Pokémon Trainer” hat Jon keeps bringing up.
Okay. How are we supposed to treat him now in regular DS to Smash. He predicted Edelguard, not Byleth. That’s still Three Houses. But if he knew he would have said Byleth. Was he misinformed? was he guessing? Was he really just predicting with no insider info? Did he just know Three Houses and filled in the gaps? What happened?

Shyy_Guy595

Smash Champion
Jon likes to misdirect sometimes to make it appear like he isn't an insider. But he did acknowledge Byleth was an option.

Noipoi

Howdy!
fan rules fan rules doodley doo

Okay. How are we supposed to treat him now in regular DS to Smash. He predicted Edelguard, not Byleth. That’s still Three Houses. But if he knew he would have said Byleth. Was he misinformed? was he guessing? Was he really just predicting with no insider info? Did he just know Three Houses and filled in the gaps? What happened?
My bet is he heard that there would be a three houses character, but he didn’t know who. He would keep bringing it up, just like he keeps bringing up Pokémon even though he knows that Pokémon got a spirit event earlier.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I mean given the newest Fire Emblem game got a rep. Pokemon being the popular series more so then the Mario series is bound to gen an Gen 8 Starter.

Pokemon's popularity though and how many fighters its already gone. I can guarantee we'll be seeing one of the Starters for sure if the newest Fire Emblem game got a rep.

Betting on Rillaboom.
But then why would they have done that spirit event? Why wouldn’t they have saved it for the Pokémon’s release like the Three Houses spirits. They knew they were doing a second pass by the time that update went out and likely had them all picked out.

I’m not saying we’re not getting a gen 8 Pokémon because of the spirit event, I’m saying we got the spirit event because we’re not getting a Gen 8 Pokémon.

Maybe I’m a little bit biased considering my well known stance. But like, there are many characters I want. There are many characters I have no opinion on and would be able to roll with if they were announced (like Terry). But there are comparatively few characters I actively don’t want. And we just got one of them. The other two being Steve and he who shall not be named.

Roguewolf

Smash Lord

Of course you got to remake Roy’s game he’s our god damm boy

Noipoi

Howdy!
Oh heavens, we can’t get Rillaboom because Morpeko got a png. Even though there are 70 other creatures. Lol

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom