• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
I can't fault people for being disappointed in Byleth since most were probably expecting something a little more grand due to the extreme buildup, but ruining the fun for others who actually wanted the character is a big no no.
Lets them cry.
i got
19e7f736430c79782af9849d53b40b3dff46c2a6_s1_n2.png
and they dont so Im happy

D

Deleted member

Will Will Shroob Shroob Verde Coeden Scalesworth Verde Coeden Scalesworth
Here we goooooo, Locals Week 3!

Still playing Darkfluid turbo this time, but I added some tech choices(A single Clock Wyvern and Clock Lizard for the otk) and am gonna be searching for Lady Debug so I can basically play extend next week :p

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
I'm like 150 Blipbugs in and none of them are shiny.

What I've been doing is that I create a full box, surprise trade them all, then pick out the breedjects.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
I honestly rather have a character I didn't want and yet be fun to play over a character I did want and yet be unfun as hell.

Erdrick was nowhere near my most wanted, and yet, he's a blast to play. Conversly, my favorite game character of all time is Luigi, and yet, he hasn't been fun to play after Melee.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Lmao I just got a Rookidee named Shiny Steve and it's not even shiny.

But he is in spirit. :drfacepalm:

Edit: yes I'm the guy in the back talking about Pokemon still. >:T

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Next Pokémon region, or at least one of the future ones, should be another American region. If they can make 4+ regions based off different parts of a dinky little island like japan, they can do another USA region in a different corner of the continent.

And Alola only partly counts.

Last edited:

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Lmao I just got a Rookidee named Shiny Steve and it's not even shiny.

But he is in spirit. :drfacepalm:

Edit: yes I'm the guy in the back talking about Pokemon still. >:T
In Pokemon Black, I got a lvl 100 Shiny Porygon Z through GTS. I didn't even know what a Shiny was at that time, but it sparkled, was level 100, so it got a spot on my team.

I think it was for something incredibly stupid too. I can't remember what I gave away.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Like, all we do is argue and then argue about the arguing.

I used to think it was funny to be completely honest, but now it’s just endlessly annoying.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Good game. Happy you won. Maybe I’ll have better luck next time.

What I should have said from the beginning. No sarcasm, no emotions, just moving on. Sometimes you loose. That’s just life.

Last edited:

Shyy_Guy595

Smash Champion
I don't argue much anymore.

At least not about Smash stuff. I'm in a state of mostly blissful ignorance when it comes to Smash drama.

DerpingPikachu

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5074-6946-5113
I really do enjoy talking to most of you, but these dumb arguments make me wanna leave this site lol.

Shyy_Guy595

Smash Champion
The only argument I wanna have is with Time itself to listen to my demands instead of it being so ignorant all the time.

drag0nscythe

Smash Master
Lets look at the DLC release schedule try to predict when we will see the next set of fighters.

Piranha Plant was announced on November 1st, 2018, and was released on January 29th, 2019.There were about 2 months between announcement and release.
Joker was announced on December 6th, 2018 and was released on April 17th, 2019. There was 4 months between announcement and release, and 2 months from the last DLC fighter.
The Hero was announced on June 11th, 2019 and was released on July 30th, 2019. There was about 2 months between announcement and release and it was 3 months from the last fighter.
Banjo and Kazooie was announced on June 11th, 2019 and was released on September 4th. There was about 3 months between announcement and release, and it was 2 months since the last fighter.
Terry was announced on September 4th, 2019 and was released on November 6th, 2019. There was about 2 months between announcement and release and it was about 2 months from the last DLC fighter.
Byleth was announced on January 16th, 2020 and will be released on January 28th, 2020. There is 2 weeks between announcement and release and there was about 2 months from the last DLC fighter.

Given this release schedule, and we know we have 2 years to to release everyone, there are a few things we can take from this.

1) They did not start on the DLC pass until after PP. The same is happening with Season Pass 2. I doubt they will start until after Byleth is released. If we look at it that way
2) the first character will probably be released around or at E3. They might announce the character before in a direct, to get people interested in the pass, but the character will probably be out sometime late spring/early summer.
3) looks to be about 3/4 months between each character.

I think we can assume this

Byleth - Janurary 2020
FP6 - May/June 2020
FP7 - September 2020
FP8 - Janurary 2021
FP9 - May 2021
FP10 - September 2021
FP11 - December 2021 (would be cool to have the final DLC character released on december 7th)

That is what I am thinking anyway. As for predictions.
DLCPredictions.PNG

Last edited:

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
“You people” referring to the mass of individuals spending their precious time on this website.
Nobody is forcing you to stay here if we annoy you so much.

That, and I'd rather not hear a lecture from someone with 20,000+ posts accumulated in a year and a half about how I should be spending my "precious time".

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
People here bicker a lot but eventually you just shrug it off. It gets to me sometimes but at the end of the day, there's no better place I would spend my time.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
I miss the GTS. I'll never forget booting up Black, wanting other starter Pokemon, and in order to do so, I have to trade a level 5 shiny Girantina that I can totally earn legitimately with no hacks.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Imagine the alternate universe where James Bond from Goldeneye 007 actually made it into Melee and by proxy Ultimate

Personally I prefer the subset where he’s the only “non-game” character and Sakurai still touts the rule every time people ask him the criteria. And when people then try to bring up Bond he just ignores them.

Shyy_Guy595

Smash Champion
Lets look at the DLC release schedule try to predict when we will see the next set of fighters.

Piranha Plant was announced on November 1st, 2018, and was released on January 29th, 2019.There were about 2 months between announcement and release.
Joker was announced on December 6th, 2018 and was released on April 17th, 2019. There was 4 months between announcement and release, and 2 months from the last DLC fighter.
The Hero was announced on June 11th, 2019 and was released on July 30th, 2019. There was about 2 months between announcement and release and it was 3 months from the last fighter.
Banjo and Kazooie was announced on June 11th, 2019 and was released on September 4th. There was about 3 months between announcement and release, and it was 2 months since the last fighter.
Terry was announced on September 4th, 2019 and was released on November 6th, 2019. There was about 2 months between announcement and release and it was about 2 months from the last DLC fighter.
Byleth was announced on January 16th, 2020 and will be released on January 28th, 2020. There is 2 weeks between announcement and release and there was about 2 months from the last DLC fighter.

Given this release schedule, and we know we have 2 years to to release everyone, there are a few things we can take from this.

1) They did not start on the DLC pass until after PP. The same is happening with Season Pass 2. I doubt they will start until after Byleth is released. If we look at it that way
2) the first character will probably be released around or at E3. They might announce the character before in a direct, to get people interested in the pass, but the character will probably be out sometime late spring/early summer.

Byleth - Janurary 2020
FP6 - May/June 2020
FP7 - September 2020
FP8 - Janurary 2021
FP9 - May 2021
FP10 - September 2021
FP11 - December 2021 (would be cool to have the final DLC character released on december 7th)

View attachment 258749
Wew lad that last choice is surely something. The smash fanbase would all die of a heart attack if that one happened, and it won't be because they're overjoyed

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
You know, Johnny Bravo was way ahead of it's time. The show pretty much taught boys that no matter how good looking you are, you'll never find a date if you keep harassing girls over and over again, and you'll still be a loser.

Plus, it was really funny.

UtopianPoyzin

Smash Master
Writing Team
Not sure, I’ll get back to you when I find out.
Switch FC
SW 1975-0838-2970

Byleth - Janurary 2020
FP6 - May/June 2020
FP7 - September 2020
FP8 - Janurary 2021
FP9 - May 2021
FP10 - September 2021

View attachment 258749
This lineup looked so good...

Until you had to say Eliwood. Byleth is 100% the last FE character, hated or no.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom