• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
>has heard enough about PapaDigiorno's salt
>decides to watch the video just to see what the fuss is about
Holy+ing++thats+actually+ing+amazing+all+for+_79af052b3564c38c144b10c3c78f0189.gif

I want that thumbnail.

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I'm wondering if we watching the same video, he isn't being just being disappointed, he's being unreasonably upset and vitriolic in this. This is angry reacting, nothing constructive coming out of it just "you could have added this but you did FE and FE bad gripe gripe I'm not mad but"
Yeah. That's how I reacted too when I first saw it. I was upset. Of course your mind is gonna think about what could have happened instead when something you don't like happens. There's nothing wrong with that. Again, it feels like the only two ways people are allowed to feel about this. Happy and Mad but secretly happy. Because anything other then that gets you labeled as toxic and entitled. People are aloud to be upset and that doesn't make them bad people. They shouldn't take it so far that they're sending people death threats, but they're allowed to not be happy and wish it was someone else.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
One is the pre-approved way to be dissapointed and the other isn't?
One is more respectful to the fans of the character and drums up less drama.

It sucks hearing people say things like "no one wanted this" for a character you've wanted. It makes it feel like your opinion doesn't count.

Where you there when Bayonetta got revealed and everyone was throwing a fit over it? You're a Bayo fan, aren't you? Surely you didn't enjoy that.

NurpNurp

Smash Journeyman
Yeah. That's how I reacted too when I first saw it. I was upset. Of course your mind is gonna think about what could have happened instead when something you don't like happens. There's nothing wrong with that. Again, it feels like the only two ways people are allowed to feel about this. Happy and Mad but secretly happy. Because anything other then that gets you labeled as toxic and entitled. People are aloud to be upset and that doesn't make them bad people. They shouldn't take it so far that they're sending people death threats, but they're allowed to not be happy and wish it was someone else.
I'm not saying you can't be upset or mad, but if you act like PapaGenos and act like you deserved something different, launch into a 40 minute rant over one character from one series chosen to be the pariah you need to step back, reevaluate your emotional investment in a video game and stop acting like a child

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
People tend to react better to you if you don't act like an entitled manchild throwing a 40 minute long tantrum, yes.
That is not what he did though. He wasn't shouting. He wasn't whining. He wasn't threatening people. He was just disappointed and peeved.
One is more respectful to the fans of the character and drums up less drama.

It sucks hearing people say things like "no one wanted this" for a character you've wanted. It makes it feel like your opinion doesn't count.

Where you there when Bayonetta got revealed and everyone was throwing a fit over it? You're a Bayo fan, aren't you? Surely you didn't enjoy that.
I actually wasn't. I watched her get revealed, but I didn't know people were mad until way later, and I thought it was just because she was broken as ****.

And I see where you're coming from with that point. That part was over the line. Because clearly a lot of people wanted Byleth.

But the trailer also featured a lot of bad taste jokes that rubbed the salt into peolpe's faces. So of course some people are going to be upset.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
dunno about bad taste jokes snake. BS
If you actually were upset about all the sword characters, then that joke was only gonna make you mad. If you didn't want byleth. "Join smash already! What in the world are you waiting for" is only gonna make you mad. When you know a sizeable percentage of your audience isn't going to be thrilled with something, then you probably shouldn't make fun of them while you do it.

D

Deleted member

If you actually were upset about all the sword characters, then that joke was only gonna make you mad.
No it isn't. I'm one of the people who hate the swordies atm, and even I have to admit the joke was funny and didn't make me mad at all.

NurpNurp

Smash Journeyman
If you actually were upset about all the sword characters, then that joke was only gonna make you mad. If you didn't want byleth. "Join smash already! What in the world are you waiting for" is only gonna make you mad. When you know a sizeable percentage of your audience isn't going to be thrilled with something, then you probably shouldn't make fun of them while you do it.
"too many swordfighters" is a joke from long before Byleth's time, and was only scantly even brought up when - just a few months ago - we got another anime swordsman with Hero. And of course people are going to be upset, it's Fire Emblem and it's the pariah.

Even then I do blame some of this anger at the insistence that it would be Dante based solely on coincidence and a slip of the tongue (because apparently we learned nothing from that old "Raiden leak" for Smash 4)

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
It just dawned on me that those are the same characters.
Camilla (from Fire Emblem Fates) is infamous for getting a ridiculous amount of alternate costumes in Fire Emblem Heroes (the mobile game). There are even more that aren't in that image, though I don't know how many she has in total.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
I really wish that the DBZ FighterZ team would realize that there are more characters in Dragon Ball than just Goku. We could have Kefla (or Kale, or Caulifla), Roshi, Toppo, Ribrianne, and that's just from the Tournament of Power arc ALONE. But nope, clearly, we need Kid Goku and Ultra Instinct Goku, on top of Super Saiyan Goku, Super Saiyan Blue Goku, base Goku, Goku Black, and three separate fusions involving Goku.
If they insist on giving us more Goku the least they can is give us his badass SSJ4 form, Jesus christ.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Camilla (from Fire Emblem Fates) is infamous for getting a ridiculous amount of alternate costumes in Fire Emblem Heroes (the mobile game). There are even more that aren't in that image, though I don't know how many she has in total.
The only one missing is her CYL Brave Alt

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
If they insist on giving us more Goku the least they can is give us his badass SSJ4 form, Jesus christ.
Sorry, only Kid Goku GT with a super that change him into SSJ4 for a few seconds.

You can have Goku with a shotgun as compensation.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Okay. This is the third time I've watched Byleth's presentation, and i think they look at least interesting to play as. Although I think Corrin is actually more interesting from a purly gameplay perspecive (she's a water dragon with a friggin chainsaw sword!). And the stage is probably the most specific area we've ever gotten from the series, so that's nice. I have a problem with how generic the FE Stages are.

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
Okay. This is the third time I've watched Byleth's presentation, and i think they look at least interesting to play as. Although I think Corrin is actually more interesting from a purly gameplay perspecive (she's a water dragon with a friggin chainsaw sword!). And the stage is probably the most specific area we've ever gotten from the series, so that's nice. I have a problem with how generic the FE Stages are.
See, you're warming up to it. That's good.

D

Deleted member

Pendulums.

Banning Electrumite is like, the one card keeping pendulums alive with the link rule.

I'm just gonna wait to see if Battles of Legend reprints Madolche ****.
Wait, what variant? Assuming Pend Magicians, but Odd-eyes fits that bill too(and they are pretty close to rogue atm from my experience, hell I made a consistent Z-ARC turbo outta them)

Last edited by a moderator:

Shroob

Sup?
Wait, what variant? Assuming Pend Magicians, but Odd-eyes fits that bill too(and they are pretty close to rogue atm from my experience, hell I made a consistent Z-ARC turbo outta them)
Pend magician, yeah.

Been playing the deck since Dracopals.

I've been falling out of love with the deck for awhile, this kinda just pushed me over the edge.

Gimme Madolche reprints and let me just play casually.

Rangez

Dimensional Dile-Up
Been listening to the main battle themes of Persona Q2, and the Phantom Thieves theme has immediately became my favorite of them all.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom