• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Alright. I'm updating my predictions based on the 10 slots left in WoL.

Fighter Pass Vol. 2
  1. Geno
  2. Augumon
  3. Ayumi Tachibana
  4. Travis Touchdown
  5. Crash Bandicoot
  6. DoomSlayer
Fighter Pass Vol. 3
  1. Ryu Hayabusa
  2. Ahri (League of Legends)
  3. Rayman
  4. Another New Nintendo Character Who's Game Sakurai can get an early copy of during the late 2020 early 2021 period. Or Lilith from Borderlands. I want to lean more toward Lilith but I feel like I'm obligated to have 1 first party character in each pass. Or Dante. He could go here too. Maybe it should be Dante and not Lilith. Let's go with that. Or maybe not. I don't know.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

So, I’ve been thinking about making 3D art based off of video games using their models and such. Thought they might be fun to post here, so I was wondering if anyone would be interested in that sorta thimg?

DerpingPikachu

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5074-6946-5113
So, I’ve been thinking about making 3D art based off of video games using their models and such. Thought they might be fun to post here, so I was wondering if anyone would be interested in that sorta thimg?
I’m interested, feel free to tag me whenever you post your art.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
If UI Goku is really gonna be added to DBFZ, I wonder if they'll do a full season 3. A lot of people wanted Kefla and our boy Master Roshi for the longest time. I think even Uub or Dabura would make people happy. I get it's an anime game, but you only really needed Goku and Kid Goku, with forms like SS1 and SSB as installs. Yet from a gameplay perspective, they are pretty different, so it's a weird situation.

Although, given the datamine with Goku/Frieza/Jiren having a dramatic finish. UI Goku shouldn't be that surprising.

Last edited:

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
So I mentioned this before, but it got swamped with other posts, but did you guys hear the interview with CD Projekt Red pretty much saying that despite delaying the game, they are pratically subjecting their employees to crunch?

I mean, it was pretty blatant. Source

D

Deleted member

Y E S

I’m totally not saying yes because a.i want to see how the hell you do that :p

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
So I mentioned this before, but it got swamped with other posts, but did you guys hear the interview with CD Projekt Red pretty much saying that despite delaying the game, they are practically subjecting their employees to crunch?

Yep. Part of the main reason why I didn't want to go into gaming. As much as I love playing games, I hated making them. I'm not willing to feel like I'm losing it in a some studio.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
More Goku, wow. We didn't even get Kid Goku from DB, since GT Goku filled that spot.

All I'm asking for is Roshi, he been there since the beginning, and had a major surge in popularity with Super.

Shroob

Sup?
Alright. I'm updating my predictions based on the 10 slots left in WoL.

Fighter Pass Vol. 2
  1. Geno
  2. Augumon
  3. Ayumi Tachibana
  4. Travis Touchdown
  5. Crash Bandicoot
  6. DoomSlayer
Fighter Pass Vol. 3
  1. Ryu Hayabusa
  2. Ahri (League of Legends)
  3. Rayman
  4. Another New Nintendo Character Who's Game Sakurai can get an early copy of during the late 2020 early 2021 period. Or Lilith from Borderlands. I want to lean more toward Lilith but I feel like I'm obligated to have 1 first party character in each pass. Or Dante. He could go here too. Maybe it should be Dante and not Lilith. Let's go with that. Or maybe not. I don't know.
Ahri?

Ehhhhh

Teemo or Annie are like their mascots.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
Been listening to the main battle themes of Persona Q2, and the Phantom Thieves theme has immediately became my favorite of them all.

Should have been in smash. The game was already out by the time Joker joined smash, it could be done.

D

Deleted member

Welp, I’m doing it then. Let’s do some Luigi’s Mansion art ‘cause yes.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
February is what I'm currently banking on.
I hope so to. My birthday is the first Monday in February and a direct announcement would be a great present.

Let's just hope I can have a better constitution in case it's disappointing for whatever reason.
It's a game with like 150 characters

Main in certain fan art sure, but the game doesn't have a "plot".

Teemo is like, their most iconic character, he's their Terry.
Looking at the two, I'd probably go with Annie (big surprise, between the girl and the boy I want the girl).

I don't know why, but for some reason, if the LoL character would have to be Teemo.... I don't think I want an LoL character anymore. I still think it's likely considering how big and influential it's been over the last decade... but it would stop being a franchise I actively shilled for.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Yep. Part of the main reason why I didn't want to go into gaming. As much as I love playing games, I hated making them. I'm not willing to feel like I'm losing it in a some studio.
It all depends on the studio. Nintendo, Ubisoft, and Bethesda all don't practice crunch, which is why they either delay the game, or just release it as is. Say what you will about them, but there's a reason they are considered the best companies to work for. Microsoft is up there too.

However, it's a shame that those are the only four examples I can think of.

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
I hope so to. My birthday is the first Monday in February and a direct announcement would be a great present.

Let's just hope I can have a better constitution in case it's disappointing for whatever reason.

Looking at the two, I'd probably go with Annie (big surprise, between the girl and the boy I want the girl).

I don't know why, but for some reason, if the LoL character would have to be Teemo.... I don't think I want an LoL character anymore. I still think it's likely considering how big and influential it's been over the last decade... but it would stop being a franchise I actively shilled for.
I mean

I don't want a LoL character period lol

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I mean

I don't want a LoL character period lol
Eh. I watched MatPat's most influential games of the decade list and he talked about League and my brain was like "This is a franchise no one is speculating about. That means it's more likley!", like a dunce.

Okay, swap out the LoL character with Lilith and the last slot can either be Dante or some new 2020/2021 Nintendo character.

Dutch Raikuna

It all depends on the studio. Nintendo, Ubisoft, and Bethesda all don't practice crunch, which is why they either delay the game, or just release it as is. Say what you will about them, but there's a reason they are considered the best companies to work for. Microsoft is up there too.

However, it's a shame that those are the only three examples I can think of.
I meant back when I was deciding it years ago. Honestly I'm happy I didn't in hindsight. Too much stress.

Shroob

Sup?
Eh. I watched MatPat's most influential games of the decade list and he talked about League and my brain was like "This is a franchise no one is speculating about. That means it's more likley!", like a dunce.

Okay, swap out the LoL character with Lilith and the last slot can either be Dante or some new 2020/2021 Nintendo character.
It's influential sure, but if we're going for like, an online game, I'd one hundred percent pick Blizzard.

Yes, Blizzard bad, but WoWs legacy can't be understated what it did to the online gaming world.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
I meant back when I was deciding it years ago. Honestly I'm happy I didn't in hindsight. Too much stress.
Nah, I read that part, and that's understandable why not to. If you don't enjoy making games, no point of pursuing it.

However, I am going into that field, so I have to be careful on which company to work for, if I want to get picked up by a corp. And that goes for anyone else who wants to be a dev.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
It's influential sure, but if we're going for like, an online game, I'd one hundred percent pick Blizzard.

Yes, Blizzard bad, but WoWs legacy can't be understated what it did to the online gaming world.
Hey. Blizzard might have bended to China. But Riot is actually owned by a Chinese company.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
So I mentioned this before, but it got swamped with other posts, but did you guys hear the interview with CD Projekt Red pretty much saying that despite delaying the game, they are pratically subjecting their employees to crunch?

It's a pretty huge issue industry wide. And the only think I can think of solving it is to make a union for developers, and really a TON of people in the entertainment industry.

Dutch Raikuna

Nah, I read that part, and that's understandable why not to. If you don't enjoy making games, no point of pursuing it.

However, I am going into that field, so I have to be careful on which company to work for, if I want to get picked up by a corp. And that goes for anyone else who wants to be a dev.
It is a tough field. My advice is don't jump out unless you think it's a definitely a good idea. Indecisiveness is something I know too well.

I've spent the last seven years jumping between doing that, IT security, graphic design, TV production, now back to IT security and now I'm considering going into something politics related. That was seven years.

Edit: Forgot its 2020.

Last edited:

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
I do feel like crunch is also a reason on why more and more people are going indie. I know that it's harder being a successful independent dev (which is thankfully becoming easier), but at least the devs can work at their own pace, not being bogged down to harsh industry standards that cripples mental health.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom