• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shroob

Sup?
I'm just excited we're finally going to see Fighter 5.

I don't care who it is, just we're seeing them a month before the deadline date.

I'd love to be surprised, but if it's really a character who's been speculated to death on, I really don't care.

They're a new character in arguably my favorite video game, that's all that matters.

Raxxel

Hipster Heavyweight Champ
NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
Jon GameXplain is saying Edelgard is fighter #5?

Welp. That's gonna get quite the reception.

Shroob

Sup?

The Smash fanbase would collectively forget how much of a ride this pass would be and devolve into:

"SAKURAI'S OUT OF TOUCH WITH THE FANS!"

"SAKURAI BIAS!"

"ANOTHER FE/ANIME SWORD!"

It would be a glorious sight to see

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed

Yup. This game really is gonna get its own Corrin if he’s right.
The Smash fanbase would collectively forget how much of a ride this pass would be and devolve into:

"SAKURAI BIAS!"

I mean, I wouldn’t exactly forget everything that’s already been done.... but I would still be pretty upset. The game already has plenty of Fire Emblem content.

Last edited:

Milo AKA Papa

Activating Combat Mode
Switch FC
SW-4274-2684-5210

"SAKURAI BIAS!"

I don't get the hate on FE anymore, it's one of Nintendo's main and best selling IPs and has less content in the game compared to it's other main IPs. Another rep plus more music (hopefully from 3H) would be great. Feels like people still really think FE is as small as it was when FE9/10 came out

Last edited:

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893

Shroob

Sup?

I mean, I wouldn’t exactly forget everything that’s already been done.... but I would still be pretty upset. The game already has plenty of Fire Emblem content.
I mean, that's your opinion and you're obliged to your opinion.

But Three Houses is a fantastic game and currently has zero representation in Smash.

BlondeLombax

Smash Master
I'm just excited we're finally going to see Fighter 5.

I don't care who it is, just we're seeing them a month before the deadline date.

I'd love to be surprised, but if it's really a character who's been speculated to death on, I really don't care.

They're a new character in arguably my favorite video game, that's all that matters.
You said it. I have my wants: just see the spoiler tag in my signature. Doesn’t mean I’ll be upset with whoever it is. I’m jubilant enough with how much history is both in and being made with this game. Brings tears to the eye, it does...

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Dante love pizza.

How could you not like a man who love pizza?

This ain't it, chief.
I prefer the people who love pizza to be turtles
Don't let a Smash presentation announcement distract you from the fact that a new R3make trailer dropped and it's awesome.

didn't realize this dropped...looks good (just give the world more Jill in the sequels moving forward)
Eh. He says what he wants, but he quite literally guessed the Pokémon DLC and had all the Smash DLC right so far in their predictions. He's also guessed plenty of ports and small spin-offs before.

He says he's not an insider but in reality he's either a really good businessman capable of predicting the moves of various companies in a game of 4D chess or he legit has inside information.

I'll let you decide which is the most likely of the two.
he can see into the future...that’s it
Oh god its 6am

OH GOD ITS 6 AM
I wake up at 5-6am anyways (unless I wanna sleep some more, so this doesn’t affect me)

another thing Edie is better at than Ferdinand Von Aegir
only problem is that Edelgard is a good character
I don't get the hate on FE anymore, it's one of Nintendo's main and best selling IPs and has less content in the game compared to it's other main IPs. Another rep plus more music (hopefully from 3H) would be great. Feels like people still really think FE is as small as it was when FE9/10 came out
Edge of Dawn in Smash...dubstep in Smash...the music sung by Ferdinand Von Aegir in Smash

Raxxel

Hipster Heavyweight Champ
NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
If we do indeed get Edel, I'll admit I'm not going to jump out of my seat over it. I think Byleth and their time reversal as well as whip sword would have been better rep for 3H. I can't really imagine Edelgard having THAT much moveset potential.

Shroob

Sup?
I think the idea of "We have too much of X" is kinda dumb when Ultimate is going to end with a roster of probably mid 80's-90 characters total.

Like, imagine for a second that say, Mario has this AMAZING 10/10 brand new game that introduces a new character that everyone loves and...

"Eh, we have enough Mario. Too many Mario characters already in Smash."

Yeah, I get it, Fire Emblem has "Muh anime" stigma against it, but if it IS Edlegard..... so what? Three Houses is a fantastic game that's gone on to win awards. I don't see any problem here aside from people gatekeeping thinking we have "Too much" of something, in something that can theoretically never have too much of anything.

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I mean, that's your opinion and you're obliged to your opinion.

But Three Houses is a fantastic game and currently has zero representation in Smash.
Plenty of fantastic games don’t have any representation in Smash. And plenty of them don’t come from series with 7 characters already in the game.

Shroob

Sup?
Plenty of fantastic games don’t have any representation in Smash. And plenty of them don’t come from series with 7 characters already in the game.
And...?

By all accounts, being already in Smash is a benefit for the series.

I get it, it has a lot of characters, but it's a series like Pokemon, it makes sense for it to have a lot of characters.

Shroob

Sup?
That’s where we disagree I guess. Fire enblem’s got all its bases covered imo. It doesn’t deserve another character just because it made a new game.
"This movie in a series that won 3 Oscars in a row just made a brand new Oscar-worthy movie!"

"It got 3 Oscars already, it doesn't deserve another."

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I think the idea of "We have too much of X" is kinda dumb when Ultimate is going to end with a roster of probably mid 80's-90 characters total.

Like, imagine for a second that say, Mario has this AMAZING 10/10 brand new game that introduces a new character that everyone loves and...

"Eh, we have enough Mario. Too many Mario characters already in Smash."

Yeah, I get it, Fire Emblem has "Muh anime" stigma against it, but if it IS Edlegard..... so what? Three Houses is a fantastic game that's gone on to win awards. I don't see any problem here aside from people gatekeeping thinking we have "Too much" of something, in something that can theoretically never have too much of anything.
Everyone's got their own personal attachments to franchises or characters, So I can't exactly say I care much about FE. Meanwhile, I'm sure plenty of people would say 4 Capcom Characters is too many if I bring up Mega Man X as a personal pick.

For me, it boggles my mind that someone could say we have "too many" Fighting game characters(I've heard a couple people say it seriously), but ask for more JRPG characters as if we don't have literal dozens of them. People just have weird priorities.

There's also the idea that there's only so much space for this or that as far as new content goes that everyone wants/feels they need to fight for it.

That's part of the reason why I try to be vocal about wanting Characters like Mega Man X and so on, hopefully without coming off as irritating. Because I don't care that much about what "deserves" to be in or who "needs" to be in. I just would want who I like and think would be hype. Mega Man X is the definition of hype.

We might as well root for what we want. It's how we got Ridley, Chrom, D.Samus, Banjo and many more. People try to play these guessing games and care about being right too much. A majority of rules that were made up by fans, most of which got blown up between Smash 4 and Ultimate as it is. Who cares what "HyperNintendoBoi64" thinks about you liking Tails more than Shadow. **** that *****. They ain't ****. If you want to shill for Tails, do it.

Just have fun with it people. For ****s sake.

Shroob

Sup?
A smash character is not the same as an Oscar and you know it.
They're both completely meaningless things that are designed to drum up appeal and hype towards something.

Who the hell cares if a movie wins an Oscar? All it's good for it plastering it on the DVD/BD box of "Oscar award winner!"

No one seriously cares outside of the Smash bubble who gets into Smash aside from it being "YAY NEW CHARACTER!"

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
It's sad that most Smash fans hate Fire Emblem in Smash Bros due to the whole swordsmen/clone bias. (We have magic and dragon, but still no axe user, lance user or any other ones.)

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
They're both completely meaningless things that are designed to drum up appeal and hype towards something.

Who the hell cares if a movie wins an Oscar? All it's good for it plastering it on the DVD/BD box of "Oscar award winner!"

No one seriously cares outside of the Smash bubble who gets into Smash aside from it being "YAY NEW CHARACTER!"
Your basically calling people mindless sheep who will eat anything you give them. You know that, right? You sound Like an EA executive.

Shroob

Sup?
Your basically calling people mindless sheep who will eat anything you give them. You know that, right? You sound Like an EA executive.
I didn't say that at all.

The sales numbers did.

Unless you believe that the Smash DLC was a "ENORMOUS FINANCIAL SUCCESS" just based on the online Smash fandom, which is a fraction of a fraction of the playerbase, then I have a bridge to sell you.

The people who care about who actually gets in are a fraction of a fraction of the total userbase of this game. Most people when they see "Game has DLC", just either buy it because "More content", or ignore it entirely.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I'm pretty sure the point he's trying to make is that most people who aren't super deep into the whole character selection process don't take another Fire Emblem character as a Personal Affront to what they believe in.

Mind you, I think Edelgard would be a real "ZZzzzz..." character choice if we had to get someone from FE3H. Claude's an archer, something those you'd think those Ghost Owl boyz would get hype for. Byleth's probably the closest we're gonna get to having Ivy from Soul Calibur, mechanically speaking. And then the Eyepatch guy won the popularity contests and has a spear, another weapon type people have been asking for.

Meanwhile, a few people have said using an Axe would be Ike anyway. I'm sure each of the 4 have their value, but I'd gladly yeet them into the trash for plenty of other options.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
When are we fighting when this masterpiece of a YouTube channel exists:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom