• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
People really aren't that stupid. Trying to make someone seem like they question the intelligence of others veering close to trying to get to their character. I think it's just that people are more easily satisfied with new content, especially if you aren't super invested into character debates, it makes the reveals much more chill in that way.

Again, the internet crowd puts a LOT more emphasis on who from what series gets in and who they are.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
So why are you even arguing then?

You're basically confirming what I've been saying all this time. You didn't care who they were, you just wanted them.
I think that we can all agree that most people are not me. If they were, the world would be very different.

Anc my descision was still an educated one. I wasn’t just mindlessly going “smaaaaaaaaaaash” and throwing away all my money.

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
Damn, that new Smash livestream just HAD to go live while I'm in the middle of morning commute to work (livestream goes live at 8 AM CT).

Well, RIP January Direct, but hey, can't complain about Smash news. The "finding hints in the smallest things" me is making me hopeful that Professor Layton could be the reveal just because the colors used for the livestream picture look like something straight out of a Layton game. Still, I also have a feeling it will be someone entirely different.

Professor Layton is still the only character I really want in Smash nowadays ever since the DLC has been all about third parties.

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
I think that we can all agree that most people are not me. If they were, the world would be very different.

Anc my descision was still an educated one. I wasn’t just mindlessly going “smaaaaaaaaaaash” and throwing away all my money.
But you were still throwing money at something where you had no guarantee of even getting something you wanted because "It's new content, I want this."

That's... more or less my point. Most people who are into Smash really are not as invested into the roster as we, the online fans, let on. Most people just, surprise, want to play Smash.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
All I'm gonna say is that not wanting an eighth Fire Emblem character is totally justified, and there's no need to overcomplicate it.
Oh for sure. Especially since the rumored character is supposedly the least popular of the 3 secondary protags, albeit the one used the most in marketing. Either way, they all seem SUPER MID to me.

Damn, that new Smash livestream just HAD to go live while I'm in the middle of morning commute to work (livestream goes live at 8 AM CT).

Well, RIP January Direct, but hey, can't complain about Smash news. The "finding hints in the smallest things" me is making me hopeful that Professor Layton could be the reveal just because the colors used for the livestream picture look like something straight out of a Layton game. Still, I also have a feeling it will be someone entirely different.

Professor Layton is still the only character I really want in Smash nowadays ever since the DLC has been all about third parties.
We'll have to see if said DLC will be Nintendo related or not. But since Isaac and Spring-Man are ATs in this game, I don't have a dog in the First Party fight.

Shadowwolflink

Smash Master
I know it's usually looked down upon to read into Sakurai's... Sakuraiisms, but... What the hell is that thing he's doing with his hand? It's weird and out of place. Like, in what's essentially an official advertisement you would think they would have a regular straight on picture of him smiling or something, like they usually do, but he's holding up 3 fingers in a weird pose? It's just really odd and has my brain in "over-analysis" mode.

Also, there was his tweet about wondering if people can guess who it is, it almost seems like he has put some kind of hint out that no one has picked up on yet.

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I know it's usually looked down upon to read into Sakurai's... Sakuraiisms, but... What the hell is that thing he's doing with his hand? It's weird and out of place. Like, in what's essentially an official advertisement you would think they would have a regular straight on picture of him smiling or something, like they usually do, but he's holding up 3 fingers in a weird pose? It's just really odd and has my brain in "over-analysis" mode.

Also, there was his tweet about wondering if people can guess who it is, it almost seems like he has put some kind of hint out that no one has picked up on yet.
Eh, most people here are guilty of doing that at least once. Or at least make ****posts about analyzing so deeply into things like this. If I HAD to guess, maybe there's 3 characters after the fighter's pass. Or said character is known to pose in a similar way that he does.

I wouldn't really look into it. But those are my 2 cents.

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
No. There’s a difference there too. I bought the pass because I’m dedicated to the game and I knew I’d want all the characters, reguardless of who they are. Same for you. But not everyone is like that. Most people don’t have a lot of money to burn on games. So they can’t just buy whatever, they have to make sure it’s something they actually want and like first do their limited money isn’t waisted.
You bought the fighters pass without knowing the characters? Idiot! You’ll buy anything with a Smash logo!

What is your point? You’re saying people who buy anything just because it’s Smash are idiots, but also it’s ok for both you and I to buy the Fighters Pass despite not even knowing the characters because we’ll want them regardless?

But you’re also bringing up that there are poor people who can’t buy everything they want but buy the fighters pass because it’s Smash, and that they should make sure they actually buy what they want? But if they bought the fighters pass, doesn’t that mean they want it, and just bought something they want?

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
Eh, most people here are guilty of doing that at least once. Or at least make ****posts about analyzing so deeply into things like this. If I HAD to guess, maybe there's 3 characters after the fighter's pass. Or said character is known to pose in a similar way that he does.

I wouldn't really look into it. But those are my 2 cents.
Or....3 characters in 1.........

EDLEGARD+CLAUDE+DIMITRI???

/s

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
You heard it here first folks! Everyone in Smash is gay!
Or a woman fairly large melons, bazongos, honkers, whatever other dumb name. Or a Robot.

Or....3 characters in 1.........

EDLEGARD+CLAUDE+DIMITRI???

/s
SMH. the 3 in 1 character should've been Terry/Kyo/Hoahmaru using KOF team mechanics and the LINE SYSTEM BAYBEEEEEEEE!

Last edited:

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
For maximum salt and pissed off'dness, then fighter 5 wil be Dimitri, Edelgard, and Claude trio controlled by a Gen 8 Trainer, and all three of them have crit hits. The Gen 8 Trainer is wearing Geno's clothes.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Nah. Would have been Terry, Andy, and Joe.

I’d pay money to give Smash a Dead or Alive mode.
And I would pay money to not let stupid **** like that happen. Keep the characters as they are. We don't need the game to get into real horny hours.

Would this be before or after :ultlucina: and :ultbowserjr: were born? Otherwise they wouldn’t exist.
Or Chrom. Or Ritcher. Not to mention Ken literally has a Wife and Son.

Last edited:

Shyy_Guy595

Smash Champion
Would this be before or after :ultlucina: and :ultbowserjr: were born? Otherwise they wouldn’t exist.
Either they were in denial and realized after the kids or like I said before, the fandom's collective wants are correct and every character is fluid.

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
You can still be gay and have had children with a member of the opposite sex. Lots of us have been all but forced to thanks to social stigmas and being forced into the closet. It’s fairly common.
Once again, bi erasure rears its ugly head.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
In general that "headcanon" stuff people do is annoying. People tend to get defensive if you view a character differently than they do. So they can think what they want, but you can't. It's stupid.

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
In general that "headcanon" stuff people do is annoying. People tend to get defensive if you view a character differently than they do. So they can think what they want, but you can't. It's stupid.
I want someone to do a scientific study into that, and why we treat the existence of different opinions as attacks on our own.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom