• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Z25 Z25 as the lord of dab I must rate your avatar.

10/10. It is Sakurai dabbing.

Can’t get more perfect dammit.

Shroob

Sup?

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I didn't say that at all.

The sales numbers did.

Unless you believe that the Smash DLC was a "ENORMOUS FINANCIAL SUCCESS" just based on the online Smash fandom, which is a fraction of a fraction of the playerbase, then I have a bridge to sell you.

The people who care about who actually gets in are a fraction of a fraction of the total userbase of this game. Most people when they see "Game has DLC", just either buy it because "More content", or ignore it entirely.
I know it’s not just because of us that it sold well. But I also know people aren’t sheep who will buy anything with the Smash logo on it. If it’s a character they don’t like or recognize then they won’t buy it and they have every right not too. Again, you sound like a corporate executive. There’s a grey area between “mindless consumer@ and “smash bubble”. Consisting of people who don’t really care who gets in, but if it’s not someone they know, recognize, or like, and Sakurai can’t convince them on it with those presentation vids he does, then they won’t buy it. Because they don’t have to. Because they don’t care. That’s most people.

Shroob

Sup?
I know it’s not just because of us that it sold well. But I also know people aren’t sheep who will buy anything with the Smash logo on it. If it’s a character they don’t like or recognize then they won’t buy it and they have every right not too. Again, you sound like a corporate executive. There’s a grey area between “mindless consumer@ and “smash bubble”. Consisting of people who don’t really care who gets in, but if it’s not someone they know, recognize, or like, and Sakurai can’t convince them on it with those presentation vids he does, then they won’t buy it. Because they don’t have to. Because they don’t care. That’s most people.
Snake, the majority of the Fighter's Pass money was already made

In December 2018

Where only Joker was revealed.

Yes, please call me a corporate executive, because that's a compliment to me. I'd love to live in la la land where we all believe that the consumer is smarter than they are, but that's not the real world. This is business, and the big corporations have us down to a T, no matter how much we try to deny it.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Snake, the majority of the Fighter's Pass money was already made

In December 2018

Where only Joker was revealed.

Yes, please call me a corporate executive, because that's a compliment to me. I'd love to live in la la land where we all believe that the consumer is smarter than they are, but that's not the real world. This is business, and the big corporations have us down to a T, no matter how much we try to deny it.
So people are stupid? Glad to know where you stand.

And I’ve run out of points because this, like so many arguments, boils down to how two people see the world in different ways. And you can’t convince someone to change their world vie with forum posts.

D

Deleted member

I’m hosting a dub of the opening cutscene of Freddy in Space 2, one of Scott’s joke games.

Yeah, I think I need help.

Shroob

Sup?
So people are stupid? Glad to know where you stand.

And I’ve run out of points because this, like so many arguments, boils down to how two people see the world in different ways. And you can’t convince someone to change their world vie with forum posts.
>Peope are stupid?

Is Trump President?

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
This is pretty much accurate sometimes... (Fans calling poor Bandanna Dee a Hat Goomba just pisses me off.:mad:)
b66.jpg

Bandana Dee Arguments: "Oh, he can't be in since he's just a Goomba with a Hat, he's can't be a unique individual while representing his species."

Same people who say that: *Doesn't complain about Palutena, Ness, Lucas, and some other characters having most of their moves from other characters in their series*

Shroob

Sup?
This is pretty much accurate sometimes... (Fans calling poor Bandanna Dee a Hat Goomba just pisses me off.:mad:)
View attachment 257427
Bandana Dee Arguments: "Oh, he can't be in since he's just a Goomba with a Hat, he's can't be a unique individual while representing his species."

Same people who say that: *Doesn't complain about Palutena, Ness, Lucas, and some other characters having most of their moves from other characters in their series*
Didn't "Hat Goomba" die when we got a goddamn Plant as a character?

Shroob

Sup?
You really can't deny this, Snake.

There's a difference between being a cynic and being someone who just accepts things for what they are.

If Nintendo were to release a graph on how the Fighter's Pass sold month by month, the biggest wave of sales would 100% be in between December 2018-Feb 2019, with spikes around April(Joker), June(E3), July(Hero), September(Banjo), and November(Terry)

But those spikes would be nothing compared to the immense tidal wave of those first three months.

This is no different than say, Youtube demonetization. Why do you think people hate it when the copyright bots hit right when they upload the video? Because all their ad revenue comes within the first few days/weeks/months of the video being up. Getting copyright struck then and there is a death sentence since it eats a HUGE amount of ad revenue.

It's literally no different.

Last edited:

drag0nscythe

Smash Master
What do you mean by this
There was no information from anyone related to the characters saying anything until the release. No one associated with Banjo said anything. It came out of nowhere. For Terry, we all guessed it due to Nintendo messing up, but nothing from SNK was mentioned at all. Even Hero and Joker had the same treatment. Having people near capcom all going "Look. Look. Dante may be in smash" is not Nintendo's style.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
You really can't deny this, Snake.

There's a difference between being a cynic and being someone who just accepts things for what they are.

If Nintendo were to release a graph on how the Fighter's Pass sold month by month, the biggest wave of sales would 100% be in between December 2018-Feb 2019, with spikes around April(Joker), June(E3), July(Hero), September(Banjo), and November(Terry)

But those spikes would be nothing compared to the immense tidal wave of those first three months.

This is no different than say, Youtube demonetization. Why do you think people hate it when the copyright bots hit right when they upload the video? Because all their ad revenue comes within the first few days/weeks/months of the video being up. Getting copyright struck then and there is a death sentence since it eats a HUGE amount of ad revenue.

It's literally no different.
There’s a difference between that fact of marketing and saying people are idiots who will buy anything with a Smash Logo.

I feel like we’re missing each other somewhere.

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
There’s a difference between that fact of marketing and saying people are idiots who will buy anything with a Smash Logo.
To be honest, you're the only one saying people are dumb here, aside from my Trump joke.

But if Nintendo showed you the Smash sales charts, and you saw that the sales were all front loaded, well, yes, people will buy what you put before them.

I'd wager that the Sword/Shield DLC has already sold gangbusters because "It's Pokemon".

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542

I feel like we’re missing each other somewhere.
TIL I’m an idiot for wanting every character in my favorite fighting game.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
To be honest, you're the only one saying people are dumb here, aside from my Trump joke.

But if Nintendo showed you the Smash sales charts, and you saw that the sales were all front loaded, well, yes, people will buy what you put before them.

I'd wager that the Sword/Shield DLC has already sold gangbusters because "It's Pokemon".
Well. I can’t wait for season pass 2 consisting of rock, dust, grass, hair, and chair. It will sell like gangbusters! People will buy anything with a Smash logo!

Shroob

Sup?
Well. I can’t wait for season pass 2 consisting of rock, dust, grass, hair, and chair. It will sell like gangbusters! People will buy anything with a Smash logo!
Hey

Chair's been a long time coming

We're all still reeling from the tease that was Chair Theory, remember?

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
TIL I’m an idiot for wanting every character in my favorite fighting game.
No. There’s a difference there too. I bought the pass because I’m dedicated to the game and I knew I’d want all the characters, reguardless of who they are. Same for you. But not everyone is like that. Most people don’t have a lot of money to burn on games. So they can’t just buy whatever, they have to make sure it’s something they actually want and like first do their limited money isn’t waisted.

Shroob

Sup?
No. There’s a difference there too. I bought the pass because I’m dedicated to the game and I knew I’d want all the characters, reguardless of who they are. Same for you. But not everyone is like that. Most people don’t have a lot of money to burn on games. So they can’t just buy whatever, they have to make sure it’s something they actually want and like first do their limited money isn’t waisted.
So why are you even arguing then?

You're basically confirming what I've been saying all this time. You didn't care who they were, you just wanted them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom