• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I'm not that desperate.
....Yes you are. :troll:

That said, I found Part II(but mostly the second half, though the first half was partially neat) way better than Part 1. Part III still has a while to go, as only the first half is done.

Gun Gale Online(the spin-off) was... okay. I'd say Part II Second Half is honestly the best one. It had great characterization and a very sad ending(then again, every single ending is dramatic, for better or worse).

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Just finished watching five more episodes of Ace Attorney. Currently on episode 31.

Oh man how young Edgeworth proved that lady guilty was a treat especially given he was defending an dog.
You should play dual destinies, and play the case where Phoenix defends a whale from murder charges

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
I'm thinking early February for a Direct. Animal Crossing is the big highlight game, while a brand new (non-Smash related, I honestly think Smash is winding down this year and will wrap up by E3) big game announcement. Mario 3D World port also gets announced, as does a new Kirby.

E3 is gonna be about BotW2, which will launch early next year in January/February. Mario Odyssey 2 might get announced, but it's 50/50 for me. Pikmin and Metroid will be no shows again this year.

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
....Yes you are.

That said, I found Part II(but mostly the second half, though the first half was partially neat) way better than Part 1. Part III still has a while to go, as only the first half is done.

Gun Gale Online(the spin-off) was... okay. I'd say Part II Second Half is honestly the best one. It had great characterization and a very sad ending(then again, every single ending is dramatic, for better or worse).
I've been told by most to avoid SAO like the plague. I'm gonna keep it that way.
I was also told that Accel World is a good alternative to it but I'm not sure on that.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I've been told by most to avoid SAO like the plague. I'm gonna keep it that way.
I was also told that Accel World is a good alternative to it but I'm not sure on that.
That's why I only recommend SAO II Second Half. That was actually not written horribly at any point. The first half is not nearly as bad as SAO I to any degree, but it's still got a problematic and dumb ending.

SAO III and GGO are... eh. Wouldn't bother either.

Never heard of Accel World. I know of the .Hack series, though. Those are pretty good.

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
SAO is a sad franchise, because tbh I REALLY wanted to like it. It's set up gave me reason to believe it had plenty of potential.

And then it just fell flat in many ways.

Season 1 gets worse the more you watch it. First episode is real solid, but then it grows steadily more mediocre, and then crash-lands when Kirito enters full blown Mary Sue status, and it stays horrendous into the second half of season 1.

Season 2 is... better? It's seriously carried by the Mother's Rosario arc, though. That arc was surprisingly good. Not ground-breaking or anything, but pretty decent and enjoyable. Gun Gale is pretty dang weird, and has an awkward set up and crash-lands almost as hard as the original Aincrad arc, so imo it's slightly less good than Aincrad, but definitely better than the weird Elf arc in s1 part 2.

Needless to say, I'm not bothering with watching season 3. The show lost me.

BUT THEN I THOUGHT
AT LEAST THERE'S SAO ABRIDGED BY SOMETHING WITTY ENTERTAINMENT. It's the best anime abridged series to ever exist, seriously. It's freaking brilliant and is far better than the actual, canon show. 10/10 for season 1, seriously.
Haven't seen all of season 2. It's got some fun jokes in it, but it's not as witty as the Aincrad abridged episodes. Still though... freaking fantastic.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
My Hero Academia season 4...I feel like it wants people to die of hype

Noipoi

Howdy!
Okay real talk

I’m gonna be trying super hard to stop procrastinating and accomplish my goals. I’m gonna be posting way less, like I’ll be gone for weeks at a time.

Milo AKA Papa

Activating Combat Mode
Switch FC
SW-4274-2684-5210
Okay real talk

I’m gonna be trying super hard to stop procrastinating and accomplish my goals. I’m gonna be posting way less, like I’ll be gone for weeks at a time.
Good luck! Remember that breaks are important, don't let yourself burn out trying to reach these goals too quickly

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
I'm thinking early February for a Direct. Animal Crossing is the big highlight game, while a brand new (non-Smash related, I honestly think Smash is winding down this year and will wrap up by E3) big game announcement. Mario 3D World port also gets announced, as does a new Kirby.
My gut is telling me February as well but my hope is for this week. We'll know Monday if the "New" stickers gets removed.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Okay real talk

I'll hold you to it. If you post here again, I'll call you a poopyhead.

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
Howdy y'all! Resident weeb here since I heard y'all talking about SAO.

SAO is a series with a great starting premise. The premise is so strong that it manages to carry the entire first 13 episodes in Aincrad.

And then that part ends and the series takes a nosedive into Reki Kawahara's garbage pre-Accel World writing.

Most of SAO as we've known it for the past half-decade or so is largely based off of the original web novel, which was written before he received any help from editors. Which is why it sucks.

The currently agreed upon best arc of the anime, Mother's Rosario, is distinct because it's a new story added to one of the LNs (since he actually did make some revisions and additions after Volume 5 or 6 of the LN). I'm interested to see how the SAO story progresses with Unital Ring, the first major story arc written post-Accel World, and I'm interested in the (likely) eventual adaptation of Progressive, which is the first 13 episodes of SAO except it's an entire series, which allows the strengths of that story to properly develop and shine.

However, don't let any of this distract you from the fact that A1 Pictures, the studio that adapts Sword Art Online, REFUSES TO ADAPT BLUE EXORCIST PAST THE KYOTO ARC WHEN ONE OF THE BEST ARCS IS RIGHT AFTER THAT AND IT WOULD BE SO GOOD WITH THE LEVEL OF ANIMATION THEY DEVOTE TO SAO THEIR TALENT IS WASTED ON KAWAHARA'S OLD GARBAGE WRITING WHEN THERE'S AN AMAZING STORY THAT THEY COULD ADAPT RIGHT ****ING THERE SERIOUS A1 PICTURES WHAT ARE YOU DOING

oh. sorry. i lost myself there. if you'll excuse me...

418922807947427840.png

For real though watch Blue Exorcist (Season 1 up to Episode 15 or 17 since after that's all non-canon and then Season 2) and read the manga from there it's really good. Easy Top 10 anime/manga of all time for me.

Last edited:

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
BOREDOM.png

This abomination happened because I was bored. (And because I wasn't sure if the new legendary was either a deer thing or a rabbit thing) :cheep: ...I regret it so much. (Also, don't ask about the lack of signature, please)

Last edited:

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
Dude it looks way better.

Calyrex really just looks like the front half of a deer without the back legs.
xD Thank you, Noi!

o-o I mean, the design REALLY caught me off guard and I swear, I was staring at it thinking "What the HECK is this thing supposed to be?" and that thing on its head reminds me of those tomato shaped thingies to stick sewing needles.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom