• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I only ever got banned from one show and that was mr meaty because my mom thought it was f**king weird. She wasn’t wrong.
Yeah. I liked that show as a kid. But looking back on it now (which is thankfully really hard to do), I’m like “I wouldn’t let my kids watch this either”.

See it’s not about telling them to stop something they’re already doing. It’s about making it so they don’t do it in the first place.
HTF is Mondo Media I believe
Because everyone knows YouTube gives preferential treatment to big corporations who don’t actually need any.

Last edited:

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
My mom was incredibly lenient in comparison to some of the **** I see parents do with their kids. I honestly can't imagine my mom saying I can't watch a show just because she thinks its bad.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Because everyone knows YouTube gives preferential treatment to
The video that was hit wasnt even on Mondos channal, it was a compilation by some random person

there is also the MLP videos Cupcakes and Friendship is Witchcraft: It'll be Ok, both of which are noooot kid friendly

Rangez

Dimensional Dile-Up
I remember something from a long time ago, when I was watching an episode of Regular Show in it's early seasons and my mom got a glimpse of it...

She wasn't exactly happy about what she saw.

DerpingPikachu

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5074-6946-5113
My whole family used to watch the first couple seasons of regular show together when I was like nine. We loved it because it was weird. We didn’t watch it much after they toned it down.

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
The only thing I can recall being "banned" in my household when I was young was Adult Swim. My dad happened to walk into the room while Xavier Renegade Angel was playing, said the show was weird as **** ( which it definitely was), and then he was basically like:

DerpingPikachu

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5074-6946-5113
Oh yeah we watched adult swim in my house too. Mostly king of the hill. That show was great lol.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Well... looks like I'm seeing Rise of Skywalker

honestly I'm not sure what to expect

I'll just try to sit down in the theater with the most middling expectations and see where that takes me

At least I'm not watching Cats lol

DerpingPikachu

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5074-6946-5113

I'll just try to sit down in the theater with the most middling expectations and see where that takes me

I didn't think it was as bad as everyone said, certainly better than the last jedi imo.

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul

If you're not a hardcore Star Wars fan and go into it expecting a "dumb fun" action movie, it's probably not too bad.

Alternis

Ignore the user in front of you
NNID
GeneralO
Switch FC
SW-1137-6792-9994
The only thing I can recall being "banned" in my household when I was young was Adult Swim. My dad happened to walk into the room while Xavier Renegade Angel was playing, said the show was weird as **** ( which it definitely was), and then he was basically like:

Oh hey someone else who knows about that show.

I happen to think it's really funny but that's just me

Wunderwaft

Smash Master

For shame, your father prohibited you from watching a masterpiece of television.

Kirby Dragons

Smash Hero
Funny story about Regular Show. It was my favorite cartoon back then (and it still is). My parents were the type to ban us from watching certain things. One day, a rather inappropriate scene from Regular Show was on the TV, and my dad saw it and was disgusted by it. He expressed his disgust and asked me what the name of the show was. At first I thought I'd be banned from watching it, but then I remembered my dad's bad memory. So I told him without any fear of what would happen.

Sure enough, he completely forgot about the show and never took any action.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Currently on episode 25 of Ace Attorney now. Episodes 21-24 were the most tense as I was wondering how Phoenix was gonna save Maya.

D

Deleted member

I clicked on the code that they included on my status check page for the repair.
can you take a screen shot? fairly certain clicking on the code may or may not work at times, and i ususally just copy-paste it into different sites.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Okay the title sucks again.

Status
Not open for further replies.