• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
N to the O to the I to the POI

I like dank memes and floofy bois
W to the A to the D to the E
Who’s the man? I’ll tell ya who, that’s me.
I got pages full of style and characters for days,
You can’t escape me, I’ll set this thread aBlaze.

What? I thought Folgers in your cup was the best part of waking up. :troll:
Nah. The best part of waking up is going back to sleep.

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
So I think it was just room temperate. Because I decided to go into my upstairs living room and try Luigi's Mansion 3. Didn't hear the fan running or anything or my Switch overheating.

That said Luigi's Mansion 3 is helluva fun. I found it really addicting given how much there is to explore looking for stuff!

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
I watch a couple of clips from Star Wars and suddenly my whole YouTube feed is full of scenes from the movies.

Time to binge all of them, I guess...

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Okay. I’m consistently like, 5-7 levels above my opponents but they’re still giving me guff and only a few of them are being one shotted. It’s making me wonder if I should grind to like, level 100, before I do the final challenge

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Okay. I’m consistently like, 5-7 levels above my opponents but they’re still giving me guff and only a few of them are being one shotted. It’s making me wonder if I should grind to like, level 100, before I do the final challenge
This is your first Pokemon game right? Have you ever taken a look at stats and which of your attacks use which ones? If an attack is listed as physical, it uses Attack, if it's listed as Special, it uses Special Attack

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
This is your first Pokemon game right? Have you ever taken a look at stats and which of your attacks use which ones? If an attack is listed as physical, it uses Attack, if it's listed as Special, it uses Special Attack
I just pick the moves that the game highlights for me as super effective and have a basic understanding of type matching.

Milo AKA Papa

Activating Combat Mode
Switch FC
SW-4274-2684-5210
Also, typically even if over-leveled OHKOs will only happen for super effective attacks unless you've boosted the attack stat by one or two stages. OHKOs in pokemon aren't actually that common, especially since a lot trainers and gym leaders use mons that aren't glass cannon and typically have at least decent mixed bulk. There's also a lot of factor that include natures of the pokemon you're using for story mode, as well as the IVs and EVs and yadda yadda.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
I just pick the moves that the game highlights for me as super effective and have a basic understanding of type matching.
I recommend checking stats out regardless. After all, a super effective move won't do much if it uses a significantly weaker stat. Lots of Pokemon tend to have only 1 good attack stat iirc so it's really worth looking into

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Also, typically even if over-leveled OHKOs will only happen for super effective attacks unless you've boosted the attack stat by one or two stages. OHKOs in pokemon aren't actually that common, especially since a lot trainers and gym leaders use mons that aren't glass cannon and typically have at least decent mixed bulk. There's also a lot of factor that include natures of the pokemon you're using for story mode, as well as the IVs and EVs and yadda yadda.
So.... should I get to 100 before the final challenge or not?

Noipoi

Howdy!
So.... should I get to 100 before the final challenge or not?
Probably not that high unless you really want to, it’d take a while. Around level 70-75 is good if you wanna overpower Leon. But you can’t brute force it, you’ll have to think about your moves and their effects.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom