• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Who the hick is that?

Issat Michael? Issat purple guy?
William Afton. This story is not canon, but Scott did write this book, so maybe his personality here is canon? It’s hard to say. The only real canon William personality we have is his dialouge in Sister Location, and Scraptrap/Springtrap’s lines.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

Guh-Huzzah! Guh-Huzzah! @Taylor F have you tried out Bendy And The Ink Machine?

It is honestly another popular indie title that I dig a lot, as someone who used to watch a lot of old cartoon shorts as a chld.

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893

It is honestly another popular indie title that I dig a lot, as someone who used to watch a lot of old cartoon shorts as a chld.
Yup. I've played it. The visual style is great, but I think the gameplay felt lacking in several aspects. Overall a fun experience, but it's not a title that I'll be replaying anytime soon.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I have!

It’s a pretty great game from chapters 1-4, but in my opinion, it starts to fall apart in chapter 5. It’s not horrible, but the ending is just unsatisfying, and asks more questions than it answers. Honestly, after the Kindly Beast controversy, I’ve been hesitant to support upcoming titles. lol

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
I have!

It’s a pretty great game from chapters 1-4, but in my opinion, it starts to fall apart in chapter 5. It’s not horrible, but the ending is just unsatisfying, and asks more questions than it answers. Honestly, after the Kindly Beast controversy, I’ve been hesitant to support upcoming titles. lol
The fact that you have to read the books for the ending to be explained will never not be weird to me. Like, I don't think most people that play the game will read the books, myself included.

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist

xD I tried it once after a friend forced me too...and I hate it. I mean, just like the Bowsette trend, seeing Bendy everywhere got on my nerves way before trying it out.

D

Deleted member

xD I tried it once after a friend forced me too...and I hate it. I mean, just like the Bowsette trend, seeing Bendy everywhere got on my nerves way before trying it out.
I mean, to be honest, I don’t hate the concept. I just think it needed some better execution, and certain parts needed refinement.

AndreaAC

I mean, to be honest, I don’t hate the concept. I just think it needed some better execution, and certain parts needed refinement.
xD Maybe, I dunno, I am not fan of jumpscare games to begin with, so, despite they style looking kind of cool, especially the surroundings, I think I won't ever play it again.

D

Deleted member

xD Maybe, I dunno, I am not fan of jumpscare games to begin with, so, despite they style looking kind of cool, especially the surroundings, I think I won't ever play it again.
Yeah, I understand that! Style does look neat, but I do agree it could be improved. They were going for that, “Hand-drawn style turned 3D,” look, but I don’t think they fully understood how to execute it.

AndreaAC

Yeah, I understand that! Style does look neat, but I do agree it could be improved. They were going for that, “Hand-drawn style turned 3D,” look, but I don’t think they fully understood how to execute it.
What I was glad is that, after Cuphead appeared with its accurate 1930's drawing/animation style without the 3D and how popular it became, most people just shoved Bendy to the side. And some people that also could not stand it, did a hilarious artwork where that demon Is puking ink instead of dancing.

D

Deleted member

What I was glad is that, after Cuphead appeared with its accurate 1930's drawing/animation style without the 3D and how popular it became, most people just shoved Bendy to the side. And some people that also could not stand it, did a hilarious artwork where that demon Is puking ink instead of dancing.
Lol that’s amazing

I feel Cuphead did not fully replicate the style either, but dannnngggg, they got really close. Props to the animators.

AndreaAC

Lol that’s amazing

I feel Cuphead did not fully replicate the style either, but dannnngggg, they got really close. Props to the animators.
xD I mean, they fact that they did the animations in the traditional method is just more than amazing, and personally, I feel they did nailed it, in their own way. Honestly there's a lot of really good designs and the music was so catchy. I used to listen to all the soundtrack because the jazz was just great, and hilariously, one little relative would even dance like crazy to it while I had it playing on my computer.

D

Deleted member

xD I mean, they fact that they did the animations in the traditional method is just more than amazing, and personally, I feel they did nailed it, in their own way. Honestly there's a lot of really good designs and the music was so catchy. I used to listen to all the soundtrack because the jazz was just great, and hilariously, one little relative would even dance like crazy to it while I had it playing on my computer.
Oh yeah, for sure. The amount of passion and work put into it is great. We need more games like Cuphead.

AndreaAC

Oh yeah, for sure. The amount of passion and work put into it is great. We need more games like Cuphead.
xD And then we get "Enchanted Portals"...more like, we need more from the MDHR Studio. I still wonder how the people making Enchanted Portals are going to get the game even out. But oh well.

D

Deleted member

xD And then we get "Enchanted Portals"...more like, we need more from the MDHR Studio. I still wonder how the people making Enchanted Portals are going to get the game even out. But oh well.
Yeah. I think the worst part of Enchanted Portals is that it could have been original, and maybe, if it was original, it’d actually be pretty good!

Honestly, watching the trailer, I thought, “Oh, it has a 30s style. Not super original, but I’ll let it pass. People are over-reacting.”

Then the gameplay started,

Oh my word.

The shooting animation literally looks like someone traced over the shooting animation is Cuphead.

AndreaAC

Yeah. I think the worst part of Enchanted Portals is that it could have been original, and maybe, if it was original, it’d actually be pretty good!

Honestly, watching the trailer, I thought, “Oh, it has a 30s style. Not super original, but I’ll let it pass. People are over-reacting.”

Then the gameplay started,

Oh my word.

The shooting animation literally looks like someone traced over the shooting animation is Cuphead.
Exactly, the style being also based from the 30's is not the problem, the animations definitely are the thing that cause the backlash, since they are way too obvious to have been taken from Cuphead, so, basically people see the game as a sort of bootleg of it.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Exactly, the style being also based from the 30's is not the problem, the animations definitely are the thing that cause the backlash, since they are way too obvious to have been taken from Cuphead, so, basically people see the game as sort of bootleg of it.
I mean, it’s legit just a semi-high budget bootlegs.

You said it perfectly. The style is not the issue. It’s the animations.

I’d wager the gameplay is an issue as well, honestly.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
One thibg I like about all 3 of the Luigi's Mansion games is that they give Mario characters WAY more personality than a vast majority of other Mario games. Like, Mario speaks in full sentences and holds a conversation in all three of those games; in other games, he just says like two or three words and calls it a day.

D

Deleted member

Just got my good mic to work while recording, and I have an animation project coming up. I wonder if people would like to see my stream progress.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
One thibg I like about all 3 of the Luigi's Mansion games is that they give Mario characters WAY more personality than a vast majority of other Mario games. Like, Mario speaks in full sentences and holds a conversation in all three of those games; in other games, he just says like two or three words and calls it a day.
Who need speaking when you can just YAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAAYHOOOOOOOOOOOO your way to victory?

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Got the Spider-Armor costume and I unlocked Psylocke and Nightcrawler. My team's 3/4ths complete. Once I get storm, we're Gucci. But for now, we're body-bagging with Spider-Man, Wolverine, Psylocke and Venom.

I didn't get Symbiote Spider-Man or MVC Venom yet.

Speaking of which, so many moves in this game reference either MVC or Spider-Man PS4. I'm about it.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
I appreciate that, though I still think there’s a lot of ways to give a character personality even with little to no dialogue, if you’re creative enough you can express personality through a character’s expressions, actions, reactions, body language, interactions with others, etc. That’s something I hope I’d be able to do with Paper Mario in my game.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Starting to plan out gameplay. It’s going to be more of a “high score,” game.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
How ya making it?

Rpg maker? Unity?

Three sponges and a hair ball?
I actually wanna see if I can pitch it to Nintendo/Intelligent Systems and try to make it an official game. If not, then I’ll at least have all this in my portfolio as an example of how I’d handle someone else’s IP.

Last edited:

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
Yup Im definitely sick.

Even the gym felt a bit chilly for a while, and now Im gettinf quite warm. Couple that with a sore throat, body fatigue, and minor sniffles... im ready to rest.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom