• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
Jesus christ, Guh-Huzzah! Guh-Huzzah! has started showing some anomalous properties

Would be a shame if a shadow organization [redacted]
Nah. I’m not suspicious at all... I’m basically just a ****post account at this point because I have nothing meaningful to contribute to any conversations here.

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
Here's Jesus himself if he was a Titan in Monsterverse. (He would be on Godzilla's good side.)
Jesus.jpg

Basically he's a big floofy Chinese dragon.

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed
Nah. I’m not suspicious at all... I’m basically just a ****post account at this point because I have nothing meaningful to contribute to any conversations here.
You occasionally make stuff other than ****posts which makes you one of the more productive regulars of this thread.

Also, cats.

Gyrom8

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-4844-4242-3130
I still don't know what to put for my Christmas avatar but I will not give in to the virus

D

Deleted member

I legit have an idea for my own TCG, but I feel that I need to work on the idea way more before I even think of making concrete rules.

basically;
You don’t have a hand, you start with 5 face up “Damage” and one “Guardian” who is the top card of your deck at the start of your game, and can’t be changed.

Both players take their turns at the same time(so it’s more so a round, rather than a turn)
instead of drawing, you can Scry 1(look at the top card, leave it on top, put it on bottom, or put it into the damage zone)

Both players attack each other at the same time, and when you do, you compare the (insert name of placeholder numerical value here) of both Guardians, and the one who has a higher one wins. Before you actually deal damage, both players flip over the top card of there decks, and add that card’s power/effects to the Guardian, then put it into the equivalent of the GY or Drop Zone of other games.

When you take damage, just flip over one damage(or more, depending of the power of the opponent)
Once no damage is face-up, you lose.

The main thing I’m going for here is speed; I want the game to be as fast as possible, setup included(so no shenanigans with multiple decks and hands)

Board size is another factor I want to aim for, I don’t want the board to be super scrunched up, but modular in a way so the user can customize to there needs. For example, having a small piece of cardboard be the board, or going big with a tournament style table.

but, I also don’t want the game to be entirely luck-based, so I have to tread a fine line in between the two.
Little update on this; gonna be working on one or two proxy cards today and my drawing skills And I'll probably post em here once I get em done. Really wanta see how well I can draw/design cards.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
A different opinion? I'm afraid we can't have that now can we?

Motherducker, I won't allow this madness any longer.
duck gun shoot.gif

The New Duck Hunt game is looking good.

D

Deleted member

man y'all stress out too much about "contributing" to the thread or w/e, like, even when i was active here people were worried

it's not a big deal y'all it's just a social thread on a smash forum, not some massive work or die social community where everyone is an incredibly ornate speaker articulating their opinions on each subject that tickles their fancy in a 13 paragraph essay

it's fiiiine you'll be fiiiine don't stress
head empty no thoughts just ****posts and despair

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
****posts are the currency of the thread

the likes hit me like dopamine

too much and im thrown in rehab aka ****ing banned

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
So, Smogon banned Dynamaxing.

Y'know what? I'm actually okay with it. I think it's a super fun mechanic in singleplayer, but in multiplayer it's just gonna be too centralizing. Like, a lot of games can be won by simply setting up a Dynamax, it sometimes just comes off as a win button.

Now, how much longer until we ban Aegislash again? :p

D

Deleted member

Y'know what? I'm actually okay with it. I think it's a super fun mechanic in singleplayer, but in multiplayer it's just gonna be too centralizing. Like, a lot of games can be won by simply setting up a Dynamax, it sometimes just comes off as a win button.

Now, how much longer until we ban Aegislash again? :p
No surprise here, even from a casual standpoint Dynamax is way too broken. Three turns of ~130/140BP moves with added effects and it can't even be stalled with Protect or Detect? I wonder what Gamefreak was smoking when they claimed it would be balanced.

At least it's good for farming money thanks to Meowth.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
man y'all stress out too much about "contributing" to the thread or w/e, like, even when i was active here people were worried

it's not a big deal y'all it's just a social thread on a smash forum, not some massive work or die social community where everyone is an incredibly ornate speaker articulating their opinions on each subject that tickles their fancy in a 13 paragraph essay

it's fiiiine you'll be fiiiine don't stress
head empty no thoughts just ****posts and despair
I don't think anyone is really stressing out over it. But I know a few who would.
Good riddens, tbh.

Last edited:

MooMew64

No surprise here, even from a casual standpoint Dynamax is way too broken. Three turns of ~130/140BP moves with added effects and it can't even be stalled with Protect or Detect? I wonder what Gamefreak was smoking when they claimed it would be balanced.

At least it's good for farming money thanks to Meowth.
It's definitely gonna make me not take random battles online too seriously, ha ha. Probably gonna have to go join Discord groups that have Smogon players if you want to play legit matches.

D

Deleted member

It's definitely gonna make me not take random battles online too seriously, ha ha. Probably gonna have to go join Discord groups that have Smogon players if you want to play legit matches.
Speaking of, I don't think I've ever done random online battles, despite enjoying breeding for competitive mons. Once I'll get the Shiny Charm I'll start breeding in SwSh, too and for that I'm only missing 2 Dex entries, Drampa and Zamazenta. So close...

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Tonight gonna watch the second of my Christmas movies for this year.

Elf. Everyone obviously knows that film. Who doesn't love it?

Also intend to watch Klaus, Jingle All the Way and Gremlins as well.

MooMew64

Speaking of, I don't think I've ever done random online battles, despite enjoying breeding for competitive mons. Once I'll get the Shiny Charm I'll start breeding in SwSh, too and for that I'm only missing 2 Dex entries, Drampa and Zamazenta. So close...
I'm gonna be super casual with battles due to just me being bad at Pokemon, but TBH I'm kind of in the same boat as you: I'll be breeding and raising Pokemon more than battling with them, more than likely.

Honestly, thank goodness for the Dynamax ban: It means I don't have to farm for Gigantamax Pokemon now, which is good because they're easily the worst part about SwSh.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Tonight gonna watch the second of my Christmas movies for this year.

Elf. Everyone obviously knows that film. Who doesn't love it?

Also intend to watch Klaus, Jingle All the Way and Gremlins as well.
I want to watch a new Christmas movie. Do few of them get made and my family has been watching the same handful over and over for years.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom