• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Same here.

Even in the, uh..."unfortunate" 2015 E3 Direct, I still got hyped for some of the 3DS announcements.

Nintendo makes high quality, charming games. A stinker from them is extremely rare, and everything I've ever played from them is at least a 6/10 game, which is still a good time. Nintendo will always have at least one thing I like, which is why I always stick by their platforms, 'cause if I'm being honest both Sony and Microsoft have left people like me behind for the mainstream market, lol. Indies, Nintendo, and a few select Japanese devs are the only places I can still enjoy myself with games.
I’m not some elitist Nintendrone y’know it’s just that if Sony has like 2 games I wanna play, Microsoft has 2 games I wanna play, and Nintendo has 10 games I wanna play each year. Who am I gonna go with?

Milo AKA Papa

Activating Combat Mode
Switch FC
SW-4274-2684-5210
Welp, as long as all goes well, after I finish the quick post-game story in Shield today, I'm gonna get everything I need to together to start breeding for Trick Room Hatterene.
Don't worry, everyone has a stalwart duraludon waiting for that exact hatterene set in singles and vgc in every team

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
I’m not some elitist Nintendrone y’know it’s just that if Sony has like 2 games I wanna play, Microsoft has 2 games I wanna play, and Nintendo has 10 games I wanna play each year. Who am I gonna go with?
Totally. I'm not a console wars guy, I just go where the games I like are, and Nintendo's the one who's got 'em. Heck, I used to like Sony just as much as Nintendo back when they had variety, but their games just look all the same to me now and they just don't have what I'm looking for. Doesn't mean those games are bad, of course, I just don't care for them.

Rangez

Dimensional Dile-Up
So, I need some advice on something...

I've been trying to start writing my very own stories, but have gotten into some problems with the process. Mainly with difficulty on how to write what happens in the story that I'm on, how to make dialogue that's perfectly in-character, and get past the oncoming mood of procrastination because of how boring and mind-boggling it gets for me.

How can I manage through all this, and should I just consider taking a more simplistic take with my fanfiction in terms of tone, humor, and how it's written?

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
So, I need some advice on something...

I've been trying to start writing my very own stories, but have gotten into some problems with the process. Mainly with difficulty on how to write what happens in the story that I'm on, how to make dialogue that's perfectly in-character, and get past the oncoming mood of procrastination because of how boring and mind-boggling it gets for me.

How can I manage through all this, and should I just consider taking a more simplistic take with my fanfiction in terms of tone, humor, and how it's written?
As someone who is doing this as well I can try to answer the questions. I've been working on and off on my story for about a year.

Give me a bit of time to look over mine first.

Last edited:

DerpingPikachu

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5074-6946-5113
Oh yeah so in the past week while I was away from Smashboards I finally got to play Bayo 2. Pretty solid game. although it was much easier than the first one for me, probably because I realized I could equip swords before I was like half way through the game this time lmao. Still gotta do the post game stuff though.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Oh yeah so in the past week while I was away from Smashboards I finally got to play Bayo 2. Pretty solid game. although it was much easier than the first one for me, probably because I realized I could equip swords before I was like half way through the game this time lmao. Still gotta do the post game stuff though.
Bayonetta 2's easier than Bayo 1 in general; it helps that you aren't penalized for using items if you need to, and if you have the Switch version, you can get a ton of halos with amiibos (and, if you have Peach, Daisy, Link, Samus, Fox, either Bayonetta amiibo, or Bowser, you also get costumes and/or a weapon without spending any halos).

Glad to hear that you liked it! It's one of my favourite action games.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
So after looking up a certain clip for Joker (it was easier finding Endgame spoilers let me tell you) I found out that Harley Quinn had her own cartoon recently.

It's actually pretty funny, ngl. It's like TTG in some regard, but actually stays true to the source material while doing its own thing. Excpet for, you know, the target audience being for a more mature audience than TTG.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
So after looking up a certain clip for Joker (it was easier finding Endgame spoilers let me tell you) I found out that Harley Quinn had her own cartoon recently.

It's actually pretty funny, ngl. It's like TTG in some regard, but actually stays true to the source material while doing its own thing. Excpet for, you know, the target audience being for a more mature audience than TTG.
It seems like every other vulgar comedy cartoon for adults but it's actually got some pretty good comedy in there with the Batman mythos

DerpingPikachu

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5074-6946-5113
I need a new game to play now. I was thinkin' of giving Dark Souls a shot, partially because I already have a copy from my brother.

Dark Bagel

Smash Ace
Sponsored by Raid: Shadow Legends.
Thanks for watching my vid, guys. By the way, Raid Shadow Legends is one of the most ambitious RPG projects of 2019! If you use the code in the description you can ̶̖͔̖̈͆̀̿w̶̙̗̜͛́̾̀̉ḭ̷͍̅̐t̶̰̩̩̋ḫ̷͖̦͕̊̏̕ͅ ̴̧̱̞̰̀̐͐̽͠5̶̫͎͙̹̟̀̊͂̆̀0̶̡̀̈̈́̃̂,̵̳̝̈́͂0̵͙̣̾̔0̵̲̬̟̍̽ͅ0̸̧̭̔͌̂̊͘ ̷̠̙̼̙̾̿̉s̵͉̜̩̰̼̍ị̴̺̤͂͛̀͠l̸̙͕̜̾͐̐̈͜ͅv̷̢͙͖̓̓e̷̛͙̥̖͑̿͆͘ͅr̴̛̪͍͆̍̚ͅ ̸̭̠̕͠a̵̹̟͉̩̩̓̔̓n̶͚̳͍̝̺̋̌͆͘d̵̜͓̩̞̓̄͜ ̵͔̲͚̀͋͂̀j̷̰̯̓̈́ơ̴͚͎̯̲̙i̵̡̼̰̝͆̇͛n̸̝̺̬̪͇̎̀͗̉͝ ̵̢̩́̚t̷̩͇͙͆̀̄͝ͅh̷̭̗̬̳͂͜e̷̺͋̾͜͝ ̷͖̮̫͕̊͠S̴̳͓͂́̑̎p̶̨̅͆̕ȩ̸̐̾̎͝c̶͙͍̾̀̂ḯ̵͉̉͘͠͝ͅǎ̸̉͘͠͠ͅļ̶͕̪͋̒̈́ ̶̺̈́͌̕L̷̢̬͇̑̕a̶̜͉͗̅̂͑̔u̷̲̥̎̑̍͑͜͝ǹ̵̳̙̖̲͔̏ç̴̛̟̺͒́ḩ̶̝̜̉̒̍̕͘ ̵̭̬̺͒̌T̵̤̩͒o̸̦̤͂u̵̩̮̎̐̚ŗ̸̧̥̹̗͋̆ń̴̢͕͋̎a̶̝̖̱̺̎͒́̀ṃ̸̨͚͛̈́̔͝e̴͕̩̼̋͑̕̚n̷̛͍͆ť̸̠̹̻̐̾͌͌,̵͕̈́̓͜͝ͅ ̸̧̺̣͙̒́̀̔̔͜a̴̱͕̎͌̌̐ṅ̶̨̨̖̭́͐ḑ̴̜̬̇͂ ̷̧͐̋̄y̵̡̻̌̂̓̽͌ͅỏ̶̲͙͗͠u̵̞͔͂͜ ̷̬̻̽̂b̶̬̞̋e̶̗̭̓͛̈t̵̩̪̯͑̾͑͠͠ť̷͎͉̤̺̂̓͜e̵̼̭͊͑͑͜͝r̷̢̳̖͇͓̈́ ̴̳̭̲̎̆͑̎͘h̸͉͔̖͙̀̃̍͠ͅǘ̵͉̱͓̿̓͜͜r̸̼̓͋͛̚r̶̟̊̉͊y̸̳̿̈́̈́́́ͅͅ ̷̨̥̩̻̜̓͗̈͝͠

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
Day 6 of the WOL Nuzlocke in the books:

Day 6 (December 13th, 2019)

Alive/Rescued: Mario, Peach, Bowser, Captain Falcon, Joker, Banjo & Kazooie, Terry, Fox, Lucas, Pichu, Pac-Man, Snake, Falco, Samus, Ness, Mii Gunner/Sans, Olimar, Link, Isabelle, Mii Swordfighter

Dead/Defeated
  • 1st Out: Sheik (Shinobu battle)
  • 2nd Out: Jigglypuff (Fi battle)
  • 3rd Out: Inkling (Infinite battle)
  • 4th Out: Piranha Plant (Deep Breathing battle)
  • 5th Out: Villager (Marin battle)
  • 6th Out: Kirby (Rayman battle)
  • 7th Out: Lucario (Culdra battle)
  • 8th Out: Marth (Affinity battle)
  • 9th Out: Dr. Mario (Susie battle)
  • 10th Out: Hero (Andy battle)
  • 11th Out: Yoshi (Sigma battle)
  • 12th Out: Wii Fit Trainer (Sigma battle)
  • 13th Out: Simon (Ellie battle)
  • 14th Out: Pit (Orbulon battle)
  • 15th Out: Donkey Kong (Flying Man battle)
  • 16th Out: Ice Climbers (Star Rod battle)
  • 17th Out: Pikachu (Funky Kong battle)

Special events: It is now time to take on the light realm’s biggest foe: Galeem. The journey up to Galeem’s domain was uneventful, as the spirit battles were easy and I only got 18% damage against Master Hand playing as one of my worst characters: Isabelle. In any event, it came time to fight Galeem. Galeem wasn’t as challenging as expected either, and the heroes were able to conquer the light realm! With the first half of the journey being completed, the dark realm awaited the band of heroes, and the other half of the spirits and fighters were there as well. For the first time in my nuzlocke history, not a single character died while completing a major section of the map. The sacred realm will be next on the list for the band of heroes’ journey.

Character guide map:

Last edited:

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
Day 6 of the WOL Nuzlocke in the books:

Day 6 (December 13th, 2019)

Alive/Rescued: Mario, Peach, Bowser, Captain Falcon, Joker, Banjo & Kazooie, Terry, Fox, Lucas, Pichu, Pac-Man, Snake, Falco, Samus, Ness, Mii Gunner/Sans, Olimar, Link, Isabelle, Mii Swordfighter

Dead/Defeated
  • 1st Out: Sheik (Shinobu battle)
  • 2nd Out: Jigglypuff (Fi battle)
  • 3rd Out: Inkling (Infinite battle)
  • 4th Out: Piranha Plant (Deep Breathing battle)
  • 5th Out: Villager (Marin battle)
  • 6th Out: Kirby (Rayman battle)
  • 7th Out: Lucario (Culdra battle)
  • 8th Out: Marth (Affinity battle)
  • 9th Out: Dr. Mario (Susie battle)
  • 10th Out: Hero (Andy battle)
  • 11th Out: Yoshi (Sigma battle)
  • 12th Out: Wii Fit Trainer (Sigma battle)
  • 13th Out: Simon (Ellie battle)
  • 14th Out: Pit (Orbulon battle)
  • 15th Out: Donkey Kong (Flying Man battle)
  • 16th Out: Ice Climbers (Star Rod battle)
  • 17th Out: Pikachu (Funky Kong battle)

Special events: It is now time to take on the light realm’s biggest foe: Galeem. The journey up to Galeem’s domain was uneventful, as the spirit battles were easy and I only got 18% damage against Master Hand playing as one of my worst characters: Isabelle. In any event, it came time to fight Galeem. Galeem wasn’t as challenging as expected either, and the heroes were able to conquer the light realm! With the first half of the journey being completed, the dark realm awaited the band of heroes, and the other half of the spirits and fighters were there as well. For the first time in my nuzlocke history, not a single character died while completing a major section of the map. The sacred realm will be next on the list for the band of heroes’ journey.

Character guide map:

My current Nuzlocke attempts have been rough. Keep losing either at Guardian or shortly thereafter, so props for making it this far!

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
So what seriously are the odds of a December direct? I think a direct on or around Christmas could be fun.
Personally I don't think a Christmas Direct makes much sense. I feel like people would put off using Christmas money to buy games that day if they announced even more games then.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I wouldn't bet on it, but there's nothing wrong with hoping for one.
I can’t tell you how much it would mean to me to discover a project that aligns with my interests right now. Last time I felt like this I found Tamarin and fell in love with it and it really helped elevate me out of my funk.
Personally I don't think a Christmas Direct makes much sense. I feel like people would put off using Christmas money to buy games that day if they announced even more games then.
I understand. I just like the idea of Nintendo giving us a special Christmas present.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom