• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
That Shark game looks kind of fun too. Kind of a low key hype title.
Is it coming out on consoles? Steam and pc gaming is lost to me as my laptop is so old it can barely perform its basic functions anymore. Takes like 10 minutes just to start up.

And even after that it was never powerful enough to run games in the first place.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Today, I am going to find the Stronghold, enter the End and kill the dragon, then go to the End City to obtain the Eletra and Shulker Boxes.

This will be my second time ever doing this. The first time I got it, I was immediately killed by an enderman who pushed me into the void.

So... right. Here we go.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
So yeah, that new X-Box is gonna have a similar situation to the Wii-U right? With the confusing name and all.

You just know this'll happen to at least 10 people.

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
So yeah, that new X-Box is gonna have a similar situation to the Wii-U right? With the confusing name and all.

You just know this'll happen to at least 10 people.
I think people are over exaggerating.

Then again, my mom often confuses my Switch with my Wii U Gamepad.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Just saying this: There just has to be some kind of announcement for Fighter 5 this month. I mean, it is possible they could do it one month before that fighter's release, but they have not done that yet, to my knowledge anyway. Why do it now?

Captain Shwampy

Smash Master
Just saying this: There just has to be some kind of announcement for Fighter 5 this month. I mean, it is possible they could do it one month before that fighter's release, but they have not done that yet, to my knowledge anyway. Why do it now?
I do think they need to market the pass for the holidays so it would be surprising if there waiting for january

D

Deleted member

Been living, mostly. I've been trying to fix my service issue so I can get back online. Straight Talk made a change to their plans without updating about it, and I missed an entire month's worth of online play. Hopefully the new plan I got fixed this.
I see. That's like a few weeks back and I was awaiting a message and I spent a day without an internet connection. It wasn't the end of the world, but in the information age, if you don't have an internet connection, you're done goofed. Plenty of things need it. In your case, it's even dumber if we're talking about Switch. If you have a portable system and are taking it outside and partying with it, you're wasting your subscription time, so you're stuck between deciding whether you should keep partying offline and let your subscription rot, or don't go outside with the system so you can get the most out of online play. It applies to any console really.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Dunno. Maybe the fifth character isn't ready? I can't remember if it was confirmed or not if they were. But if there's still some kind of event to show off said character(if they don't drop randomly), here's that Jump Festa thing I think. Capcom's showing a new game on the 21st, so maybe Smash will do something at that event too?

Or the character will be revealed in January. Only time will tell.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Dunno. Maybe the fifth character isn't ready? I can't remember if it was confirmed or not if they were. But if there's still some kind of event to show off said character(if they don't drop randomly), here's that Jump Festa thing I think. Capcom's showing a new game on the 21st, so maybe Smash will do something at that event too?

Or the character will be revealed in January. Only time will tell.
Just imagine on Christmas Day a trailer pops up on Nintendo’s YouTube and the thumbnail is a closed Christmas present. You click to open. What do you want to be on the other side?

Noipoi

Howdy!
Look if they show up before the year ends then awesome, but I’m not getting my hopes up. I’m expecting nothing till January.

Noipoi Noipoi What nature do you think I should put on a Dracovish?
A speed raising nature for that spicy Fishous Rend. Or an attack raising nature, also for that spicy Fishous Rend.

We’re trying to buff the rend here.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Look if they show up before the year ends then awesome, but I’m not getting my hopes up. I’m expecting nothing till January.
So am I (expecting nothing until January). I am just hoping something comes sooner than that.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed

A speed raising nature for that spicy Fishous Rend. Or an attack raising nature, also for that spicy Fishous Rend.

I don’t know what to think anymore. Like, my brain can’t comprehend us not already knowing. It’s like, I’m not expecting it to ever be revealed or something now.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Can we stop with the Microsoft bashing?
I’m sure it’ll be a lovely console, I just think it has a weird name.

I don’t know what to think anymore. Like, my brain can’t comprehend us not already knowing. It’s like, I’m not expecting it to ever be revealed or something now.
You’ll know by February. Keep that in mind and you’ll be fine.

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there

Would Dracovish work well on a team with Hatterene, you think? Dracovish seems like the kind of Pokemon you can plug onto any team, but I'm still a little unsure due to planning on having the Hatterene run Trick Room.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Would Dracovish work well on a team with Hatterene, you think? Dracovish seems like the kind of Pokemon you can plug onto any team, but I'm still a little unsure due to planning on having the Hatterene run Trick Room.
Now, I’m not Mr. Competitive so don’t take my word as gospel lol. Dracovish isn’t the fastest, but it’s not too slow either. If you trick room while it’s out it may end up going last, depending on who’s on the field. And that’s not too good.

D

Deleted member

I did a voice live on stream.

That was amazing.

I sung a Christmas carol in character.

Fun stuff.

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
I’ve already have 200% on my Cuphead save file. It’s actually the only game I’ve completed all the way. I still have the Switch port on my Christmas wishlist anyway. I crave more suffering.

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
Now, I’m not Mr. Competitive so don’t take my word as gospel lol. Dracovish isn’t the fastest, but it’s not too slow either. If you trick room while it’s out it may end up going last, depending on who’s on the field. And that’s not too good.
That's what I was thinking, yeah. I'll do some research on it and maybe look at what specifically works well with Hatterene.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I’m sure it’ll be a lovely console, I just think it has a weird name.

You’ll know by February. Keep that in mind and you’ll be fine.
I know. Like the problem is too fold. Cause on one hand, I just need something to cheer me up (that’s not eating an entire box of Mac and cheese). I just need to find something like I did with Tamarin. Something to be excited for. Because that’s really what I miss. The community experience of getting hyped for a game. Doesn’t help that the few games that came out this year that I wanted almost no one wanted to talk about for whatever reason.

On the other hand. Speculation isn’t fun anymore. And that is partly on me. But it’s just frustrating now. We have no direction to focus it, and the basic assumptions we were making are shifting from person to person and it just always ends up as a fight now. So like, I just wanna not have to speculate anymore. The perfect situation would be an NRS style reveal for everyone in the second pass, but they’re never gonna do that so we’ll have another year of fights, leaks, and egos. And I just get tired thinking about it.

Milo AKA Papa

Activating Combat Mode
Switch FC
SW-4274-2684-5210
Dracovish has no real synergy with trick room right now specifically because there's a lot of counters to both trick room itself and dracovish running around in the form of gastrodon. Atm he needs proper tailwind (at least in vgc) and scarf set-ups to be effective, especially in singles. You also have to consider how he loses hard to dynamax for being unable to dynamax to deal hits and take hits from other dynamax mons.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
I know. Like the problem is too fold. Cause on one hand, I just need something to cheer me up (that’s not eating an entire box of Mac and cheese). I just need to find something like I did with Tamarin. Something to be excited for. Because that’s really what I miss. The community experience of getting hyped for a game. Doesn’t help that the few games that came out this year that I wanted almost no one wanted to talk about for whatever reason.

On the other hand. Speculation isn’t fun anymore. And that is partly on me. But it’s just frustrating now. We have no direction to focus it, and the basic assumptions we were making are shifting from person to person and it just always ends up as a fight now. So like, I just wanna not have to speculate anymore. The perfect situation would be an NRS style reveal for everyone in the second pass, but they’re never gonna do that so we’ll have another year of fights, leaks, and egos. And I just get tired thinking about it.
I know how you feel. While I still enjoy this, asmash Bros speculation, especially the DLC part, always has been slow.

Noipoi

Howdy!

Yeah, I gotcha. Speculation has become really lame recently.

And I understand that it probably sucks to not have any games you wanna play come out, or for the one game you did enjoy to be ignored. While I’m personally going to move away from video game fanbases in 2020 (the Pokémon fanbase has really soured me on the whole thing) I know how amazing it feels to be part of a huge group of people, all excited for something. And it’s gotta stink to feel like you’ll never experience that again.

What’s important is to try and find other, more tangible sources of happiness. I know it’s harder than it sounds but you have to try. You can’t let video games be your only salvation. I wish you luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom