• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Actually, looking back, January directs tend to be within the first two weeks. We might not be waiting too long after all.

Let’s just hope they don’t make us wait again like they did this year.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I’m just gonna turn off the directs. I’m not gonna watch any more from any studio. I’m not gonna watch E3, and I’m not gonna watch the game awards. I knew my heart couldn’t take a repeat of E3 and I was right but I took the gamble anyway.

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
I’m just gonna turn off the directs. I’m not gonna watch any more from any studio. I’m not gonna watch E3, and I’m not gonna watch the game awards. I knew my heart couldn’t take a repeat of E3 and I was right but I took the gamble anyway.
Weren't you just talking about how "not being excited for anything is bad because it means you don't feel anything"?

What a turnaround.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
In other news I got my new art tablet working.

I’m trash with it.

It’s aight tho, I’ll learn.
You bought/got a tablet, huh?
vergil smile.jpg

What a coincidence then....;)

Last edited:

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
I know. I’ve had some bad mood whiplash in the past few moments.
I think it's more the fact that you can't help but live in pessimism because you've deluded yourself into thinking it's a better way to live.

"If I never have a positive thought, then I'm either proven right or pleasantly surprised".

Honestly, I just feel bad for ya. Ain't no way to live your life.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
I also got a new laptop and a new chair. I can finally ditch this old raggedy seat with questionable stains of unknown origin.
Still got my old laptop & a OK chair, and...

Well, I reveal more when the time come. :ultridley:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I think it's more the fact that you can't help but live in pessimism because you've deluded yourself into thinking it's a better way to live.

"If I never have a positive thought, then I'm either proven right or pleasantly surprised".

Honestly, I just feel bad for ya. Ain't no way to live your life.
I don’t like it either. And honestly, that’s more talk then action. The reason I have so many crashes is that I get my hopes up a lot about so many things in different situations. But then what I wanted and was excited about doesn’t happen and I crash hard and start ranting pessimisticly in the complete opposite direction. I need to work on controlling it better.

I just need to be more cognizant of the things in life that are going right when I get down. Like my plant!
697B1530-DB65-40C6-9443-6B2F37D16EB0.jpeg

and learn to temper my expectations just a tad do I don’t get them so high I crash.

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Except they did have something to show, it was just not first party games. They had Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3 DLC, No More Heroes 3, and Bravely Default 2, the latter two of which are exclusive games to the Switch and the former was one they helped get off the ground.

I can understand the disappointment over no first party reveals, but to say that they had nothing there isn't right. They had a presence, it just wasn't what everyone wanted out of them.

Jon also had tweets where he was freely speculating and joking about a potential TGA reveal, had the Gamexplain video where they were bouncing off ideas for a TGA reveal, and expressed disappointment at nothing being shown at TGA. None of that goes away just because of one joke tweet, one that has been done multiple times before and has gone under the radar otherwise until everyone started watching him like a wolf pack watches their next kill. This is likely not a case of knowing information, he made a joke he's made before and, as even some of us expected, no Smash popped up.

Don't look too deeply into things, all it gets you is a black eye and sadness.
Sure you could argue this point of view. However this tweet specifically called back word for word to his august 8th direct tweet made before the announcement and a huge drought.

Also to think this way, you throw away everything he has literally leaked. He leaked kirbys epic yarn on switch, and every final fantasy except the one they skipped coming to switch. And he specifically said they would skip the very one they did.

You legitimately can’t even argue that predictions that specific aren’t leaks. The odds of him being right down to the tee are astronomically low.

on top of the fact he put up videos right before ultimate on daisy and Ridley being play le characters and why it’s should happening and is likely.

To top it all off he straight backed the shinobii that banjo was coming at E3.

there’s more he’s “predicted” that has been spot on about but it happens so much now that I can’t keep track.

Regardless he speculates sure, but he also has genuine information. He’s very good friends with Bill Trinen. I’m sure they know plenty of people within Nintendo that would have information.

I’m not say he always leaks things, but he definitely knows stuff and likes to mix right and wrong information to play it off, because his job is literally to offer the possibilities of what gaming could reveal and speculate on everything coming

Noipoi

Howdy!
Well, I had a myriad of ****post a ready for whoever #5 was but that fell through.

Guess I’ll start working on my big ass end of the year sword/shield review.

perfectchaos83

Smash Champion
If Verge didn't already kill Reimu, i'd be 100% on that train right now, but alas. Still not sure who FP5 would be at this point.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I'm so happy about Three Houses like hot damn, man. :')

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Damn, I was hoping for Nightmare. Mostly cause I had a fun avatar ready to go in celebration.

Well, I'll figure out my next name change soon enough.

Ivander

Smash Legend
Is this true?

The clapping we were hearing was probably the people at the front. Cause the camera is by the front and the people at the front were definitely clapping. As for the audience at the back, I did see a few people clapping, but it was definitely hard to tell cause there were alot of people not clapping.
But as for the clapping that was being heard, I'm thinking that it was the people at the front due to them being closer to the camera, cause there were more people at the front who were definitely clapping.

Look, you don't have to like Fortnite nor the fanbase it brought, but at the same time, people really shouldn't let the hateboner for Fortnite, it's popularity and that fanbase twist things to fit their own views.

Last edited:

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
The clapping we were hearing was probably the people at the front. Cause the camera is by the front and the people at the front were definitely clapping. As for the audience at the back, I did see a few people clapping, but it was definitely hard to tell cause there were alot of people not clapping.
But as for the clapping that was being heard, I'm thinking that it was the people at the front due to them being closer to the camera, cause there were more people at the front who were definitely clapping.

Look, you don't have to like Fortnite nor the fanbase it brought, but at the same time, people really shouldn't let the hateboner for Fortnite, it's popularity and that fanbase twist things to fit their own views.
I saw people clapping to the right, so yeah that’s fair.

I don’t hate Fortnite, though, nor its fanbase (I don’t hate any fanbase, I feel that’s a stupid thing to do), I just get annoyed by people who put it up against Minecraft or pretend Minecraft is dead.

Last edited:

Raxxel

Hipster Heavyweight Champ
NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
I am in that annoying state of mind where I really, REALLY want to be power dunk spiking people right now with Terry but it's past 1:30 AM and I know I'll be too sleepy to play as well as I want to and wind up getting pissed off as a result.

It's bringing out a fury in me. That could prove fatal.

Shroob

Sup?
Yeah.

Regardless of how you feel about what transpired

Ending on a movie licensed game is like

I was legit expecting the LJN rainbow to suddenly appear on screen rofl

Last edited:

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130
Like honestly the holy TGAs were... very messy and front-loaded.
Most of the good announcements were towards the beginning and the second half was... such a slug.
Like, I almost fell asleep out of boredom right before GOTY.
Could've been presented better.

Anyway I got a Pole Sci final in like... 10 hours. But I don't feel like sleeping and it's literally the easiest one I have so... eh.
Oh yeah and w/ all the TGA stuff, I completely forgot that Granblue Fes starts... today actually.
So if you see me talk about Granblue a lot within the next couple days, you know why lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom