• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
Here's a game I made up:
Let's say there's gonna be a Mario Kart 9 on the Switch, Sakurai askes you to add 6 new drivers and cut 6 veteran drivers. Who do you pick or cut? (About the new drivers, it has to be a new character introduced to MK for the first time. Spinoff characters do count.)
1. Poochy
2. Shake King
3. Hammer Bro
4. Jaxi
5. Monty Mole
6. King K. Rool
Bonus: Kirby and Dedede as DLC.
1. Metal Mario
2. Pink Gold Peach
3. Cat Peach
4. Tanooki Mario
5. Baby Rosalina
6. Baby Daisy

Last edited:

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
To be honest, I like Metal Mario. He's actually treated as a different character from Mario, being cockier (and has some different sayings, like "Papa!" instead of "Mama!") and acting kinda like a rival; a weird, metal clone that seems like at least an anti-hero or something; maybe he just likes fighting the real Mario and showing off.

I don't really mind the babies and such, either, and I even like them, but Baby Rosalina doesn't stick to Galaxy's canon and doesn't really come from anything (I guess Baby Daisy doesn't either; I still like Baby Rosalina, but yeah, doesn't really make sense); we don't even have Baby Wario or Baby Donkey Kong from Yoshi's Island DS (nor Baby Bowser but he'd be very similar to Bowser Jr. so eh); Pink Gold Peach, while kinda cool, isn't like Metal Mario and is really just Peach; and they don't bother with any of the other unique characters and enemies in their gigantic list of characters, rather just the main cast in different costumes over and over again. They haven't even brought back Birdo and Petey Piranha, but at least we have King Boo and his Luigi's Mansion self.
Though I plan on making the Metal Cap an item to compensate for cutting him out of my version of MK9, I can respect MM on that front, as well as his stats as a heavyweight justifying him as another racer rather than a costume of Mario.

Saetanigera

Smash Ace
I've been thinking...

Yuri Lowell or Lloyd Irving? Who's the better Tales rep, and why?
Lloyd brings a lot of enthusiasm to the fight. That's the main reason I'd like to see him or Rex. (Though I'd honestly prefer Rex to go Pokemon Trainer and cheer Pyra from the background.)

Shadowwolflink

Smash Master
Here's a game I made up:
Let's say there's gonna be a Mario Kart 9 on the Switch, Sakurai askes you to add 6 new drivers and cut 6 veteran drivers. Who do you pick or cut? (About the new drivers, it has to be a new character introduced to MK for the first time. Spinoff characters do count.)
1. Poochy
2. Shake King
3. Hammer Bro
4. Jaxi
5. Monty Mole
6. King K. Rool
1. Metal Mario
2. Pink Gold Peach
3. Cat Peach
4. Tanooki Mario
5. Baby Rosalina
6. Baby Daisy
I would cut all 5 babies (they're the worst) and Toadette.
(Although, I would make Tanooki Mario/Cat Peach/Gold Mario/etc... into alt skins for those characters)

And I would add Pauline, King K Rool, E. Gadd, Sonic, Kirby, and Samus.

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
I would cut all 5 babies (they're the worst) and Toadette.
(Although, I would make Tanooki Mario/Cat Peach/Gold Mario/etc... into alt skins for those characters)

And I would add Pauline, King K Rool, E. Gadd, Sonic, Kirby, and Samus.
Maybe have Sonic, Kirby and Samus as DLC racers.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
I provide you with Crash Team Racing for counterexamples to your point. Specifically the characters Polar, Pura, and Baby T.
I think their proportions lend themselves to looking better in karts than Jaxi or even Poochy, at least how I see it.

I legitimately think it's time for Mario Kart to become Smash Kart, so base game or DLC, whichever.
I think it should be a separate entity, though I personally don’t see it as necessary or even feasible.

(Also why cut Toadette? She’s a separate character at least and has been pushed a lot lately)

Last edited:

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
"Something just entered the upper atmosphere..."
a33esp0oq1441.jpg

Ah yes, my favorite Marvel character... King Dedede!

Last edited:

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Here's a game I made up:
1. Poochy
2. Shake King
3. Hammer Bro
4. Jaxi
5. Monty Mole
6. King K. Rool
Bonus: Kirby and Dedede as DLC.
1. Metal Mario
2. Pink Gold Peach
3. Cat Peach
4. Tanooki Mario
5. Baby Rosalina
6. Baby Daisy
Also I just realized, why would Sakurai be in charge of a new Mario Kart game?

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
I think their proportions lend themselves to looking better in karts than Jaxi or even Poochy, at least how I see it.

I think it should be a separate entity, though I personally don’t see it as necessary or even feasible.

(Also why cut Toadette? She’s a separate character at least and has been pushed a lot lately)
How many times do I have to teach you this lesson old man?!!!

This isn't Gran Turismo. This isn't even Jak X. There's no physical limit to a character riding a kart in the Mario universe. :yoshi:

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
xD So, today, December 11th, I turned 25...and I began looking for gray hairs on my head ( xD Not really, but I am scared to spot one..)

today.jpg

:3 It was something small alongside my family. Had some Oreo Ice cream cake, flan and the like. xD The statue of my favorite Assassin's Creed protagonist, Shay Cormac, was actually given to me way early, so, I had been taking a lot of pictures for fun...though, in between all the good time, my smartphone had to be reset to factory settings because it was having a lot of trouble ( o-o Curse you, Google Play...or Android's updates) and I probably lost a lot of files or I cannot access them anymore, but hopefully I will find a way.

Last edited:

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
It'd be cool if they added Dr. Mario and maybe a Virus as a racer in the next Mario Kart game instead of Baby Dr. Green Bronze Paper Noodle Waluigi.
I did have a :ultdoc: costume in mind for Mario and potentially a Virus racer too.

How many times do I have to teach you this lesson old man?!!!

This isn't Gran Turismo. This isn't even Jak X. There's no physical limit to a character riding a kart in the Mario universe. :yoshi:
I’ll believe you when I see a Thwomp or Piranha Plant riding a bike in action.

Besides, I also think there’s numerous other characters I think would be more fitting as racers than those two like Cappy, Nabbit, E. Gadd, King Bob-omb, Hammer Bro, Boom Boom, Pom Pom, Kamek, etc.

Last edited:

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Well, it happened.
Y'all will probably hear this in the coming weeks, and looking at the situation it's kinda obvious, but Marvel Television will cease to exist and be liquidated into Marvel Studios by the end of the year.

Jeph Loeb is also being moved from Marvel to other projects entirely. Kevin Feige will now decide what shows go forward. He's apparently eyeing shows that can exist in the canon of the MCU without being directly effective to it. Agent Carter is being eyed for another season for this reason and Daredevil and the rest of the Defenders will likely return. Dunno how or when but Charlie Cox is likely to return.

Inhumans movie is being reconsidered for a part of Marvel's upcoming slate. Possibly Phase 5 for an Inhumans vs. X-Men movie that same Phase. Avengers vs. X-Men is definitely happening. That's all I got.
Rest in peace to Marvel Television.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/deadli...layoffs-jeph-loeb-kevin-feige-1202805979/amp/

Last edited:

Zinith

Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
I did have a :ultdoc: costume in mind for Mario and potentially a Virus racer too.

I’ll believe you when I see a Thwomp or Piranha Plant riding a bike in action.

Besides, I also think there’s numerous other characters I think would be more fitting as racers than those two like Cappy, Nabbit, E. Gadd, King Bob-omb, Hammer Bro, Boom Boom, Pom Pom, Kamek, etc.
How is King Boo able to ride a bike without legs?

You accept that but not a creature with both arms and legs riding?

Or do you not accept this and want to retroactively remove King Boo because of it? Good luck convincing people of that :yoshi:

osby

Smash Obsessed
I had a dream where a SEGA character was the FP5, which is weird because I don't usually have Smash-related dreams.

Anyway, hope you guys are ready for Segata Sanshiro punching Mario to Saturn.

D

Deleted member

I just remembered right bloody now that the Game Awards is tomorrow in my place. And it's bloody FRIDAY THE 13TH.

Noipoi

Howdy!
xD So, today, December 11th, I turned 25...and I began looking for gray hairs on my head ( xD Not really, but I am scared to spot one..)

View attachment 252323
:3 It was something small alongside my family. Had some Oreo Ice cream cake, flan and the like. xD The statue of my favorite Assassin's Creed protagonist, Shay Cormac, was actually given to me way early, so, I had been taking a lot of pictures for fun...though, in between all the good time, my smartphone had to be reset to factory settings because it was having a lot of trouble ( o-o Curse you, Google Play...or Android's updates) and I probably lost a lot of files or I cannot access them anymore, but hopefully I will find a way.
Happy friggin birthday ya goof

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
How is King Boo able to ride a bike without legs?

You accept that but not a creature with both arms and legs riding?

Or do you not accept this and want to retroactively remove King Boo because of it? Good luck convincing people of that :yoshi:
Dude’s a ghost, I dunno, it just seems like he lends himself better to being a racer. Don’t make a conspiracy out of this. If they make Poochy work as a racer then I’d be all for it but for now I feel like he’d be better suited as a kart as well as Jaxi.

osby

Smash Obsessed
I just remembered right bloody now that the Game Awards is tomorrow in my place. And it's bloody FRIDAY THE 13TH.
1576126813663.png

Wouldn't be my first pick for FP5, but I'm interested in to see how Sakurai will handle the moveset and what does that mean for DLC moving forward.

Zinith

Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
Dude’s a ghost, I dunno, it just seems like he lends himself better to being a racer. Don’t make a conspiracy out of this. If they make Poochy work as a racer then I’d be all for it but for now I feel like he’d be better suited as a kart as well as Jaxi.
You're classification for a suitable racer is inconsistent and unfair. Must I bring out examples outside of Mario Kart to get you to learn?

osby

Smash Obsessed
You had a Dream that Segata Sanshiro punched Mario all the way to Saturn?
No, I just saw a SEGA logo and then deducted Segata Sanshiro with FACTS AND LOGIC.

You can trust me, I'm a physics department drop-out.

D

Deleted member

Somebody please come into the newcomer thread and help us yell at this guy to stop with his crazy conspiracy theories
I can't ****ing take it
Seriously I'm at my ****ing limit

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
The politics of fan Mario Kart rosters that aren’t even official are serious business.
I mean you don’t know how much I want mine to be official.

Still, it’s more civil than politics of Smash fan rosters...

Somebody please come into the newcomer thread and help us yell at this guy to stop with his crazy conspiracy theories
I can't ****ing take it
Seriously I'm at my ****ing limit
Tell him his tinfoil hat is on a bit too tight.

Last edited:

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Wade, you made a claim that Poochy wouldn't make a good racer by his design and I refute it with references. That's not bullying, that's discourse. :yoshi:
What do you mean "wouldn't make a good racer"?
Look if they can make him work, I’d be all for his inclusion, but at the moment I’m just having a hard time seeing this absolute unit:
27EDB196-D5FB-42BA-AC23-4438195EEEA7.png

sitting up and taking the wheel of a bike or kart in a feasible way, at least not without some finagling with his proportions. Not to mention the 4 dozen other new characters I’d like to see more as racers.

Zinith

Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
Look if they can make him work, I’d be all for his inclusion, but at the moment I’m just having a hard time seeing this absolute unit:
View attachment 252331
sitting up and taking the wheel of a bike or kart in a feasible way, at least not without some finagling with his proportions. Not to mention the 4 dozen other new characters I’d like to see more as racers.
1. They have finagled with proportions before

2. If giant head and tiny arms are a hang-up, once again King Boo refutes it. Also Crafted World shows the Poochy Pups standing upright anyways.

3. You're character priority is irrelevant. If I made a similar list I'd probably wouldn't even consider half of them you listed. This isn't about "who you would like in MK" it's about "why does or doesn't Poochy fit".

:yoshi:

Noipoi

Howdy!
Just have the dog stand up on the seat so his tiny front legs can reach the wheel

edit: this isn’t real why do we care so much

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom