• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
At least after tonight’s reveal we won’t have a drought till March for the character. We know they’re coming by February, though I think an early/mid January release is the more likely outcome.

Shroob

Sup?
At least after tonight’s reveal we won’t have a drought till March for the character. We know they’re coming by February, though I think an early/mid January release is the more likely outcome.
Albeit, that's even implying we 'get' a reveal tonight lol.

But you are right. So far, every DLC character we've gotten has launched in the same month as a new wave of Smash amiibos, and we have a wave next month.

osby

Smash Obsessed
Bold of you to assume people won't start crying drought three days later.

Shroob

Sup?
I'm still HYPER sus on this supposed 'leak'.

The timing just feels way too convenient, and on top of that, the reason for the copyright strike is ????????

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I'm still HYPER sus on this supposed 'leak'.

The timing just feels way too convenient, and on top of that, the reason for the copyright strike is ????????
just woke up, is there another bogus leak for someone?

Shroob

Sup?
just woke up, is there another bogus leak for someone?
As Panda pointed out, it's hard to call this one bogus because, ****ing Nintendo themselves took it down...

But they took it down under the reason of "Mario Kart Tour"

Which is

What the ****

**** doesn't add up.

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
spooky

when they'd find about this, more importantly who found out
the video maker found out via email and spread the news

it's a bizarre situation however, as the game they're attributing it to is Mario Kart Tour

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
it's a bizarre situation however, as the game they're attributing it to is Mario Kart Tour
wild

As Panda pointed out, it's hard to call this one bogus because, ****ing Nintendo themselves took it down...
it's not bogus, it's definitely legitimate

but is there any reason why they would put it under ****ing mario kart tour

did any of this other **** get striked

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
Like, I'm all for KOS MOS but

Why the hell did Nintendo copyright strike it for ****ing Mario Kart Tour?

The re-upload shows there's 0 Mario Kart music or any Mario Kart stage so like....???

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893

But they took it down under the reason of "Mario Kart Tour"

Which is

What the ****

**** doesn't add up.
KOS MOS is in Mario Kart Tour, obviously. Duh. Seriously, that is weird though.

Shroob

Sup?
wild

it's not bogus, it's definitely legitimate

but is there any reason why they would put it under ****ing mario kart tour

did any of this other **** get striked
No, none of the other **** got striked.

You'd think if it was just Nintendo being "Mods bad", they'd have hit his other videos too.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
that's what people are trying to figure out to no avail
Like, I'm all for KOS MOS but

Why the hell did Nintendo copyright strike it for ****ing Mario Kart Tour?

The re-upload shows there's 0 Mario Kart music or any Mario Kart stage so like....???
I don't think this is confirming KOS-MOS entirely, but to strike it down for Mario Kart is straight-up false.

Could end up as a very bad booboo for Nintendo if the guy tries to fight back.

Shroob

Sup?
Another thing to note is that the reason it got struck, according to the creator is due to:

"Visual"

Meaning that either the algo, or someone who does this

Saw the vid and said "Oh **** gotta strike it."

osby

Smash Obsessed
I don't think this is legit proof of KOS-MOS...

But if it is, at least it's someone we've already talked to death and not completely left field like SNK and Terry was.

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
also worth noting that the last time this happened was megalovania, and that was just a mii costume

it's entirely possible kos-mos is a mii costume coming alongside a different namco character

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
And then Nintendo gets sued for falsifying copyright claims.
How much would that cost them? Probably not much, assuming the tuber can even afford to sue them. They have SOOOOO much money.
also worth noting that the last time this happened was megalovania, and that was just a mii costume

it's entirely possible kos-mos is a mii costume coming alongside a different namco character
I mean, considering the missing classic Mii fighter costumes, a Namco fighter seams pretty inevitable.

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?

This would be weird.

Both Sabi and Verg are staunch in no Tales of, and even though they've been fairly worthless, I think the **** they've deconfirmed is probably safe guesses...

That'd pretty much only leave what, Heihachi and Katamari otherwise?

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
How much would that cost them? Probably not much, assuming the tuber can even afford to sue them. They have SOOOOO much money.
It doesn't have to be the guy who made the mod to sue, and it isn't about Nintendo being able to pay any fines.

KOS-MOS as a Mii character? That'd be funny.

Shroob

Sup?
This is the only 'real' evidence KOS MOS has that 'could' point to her being in.

Verg flat out said "My source doesn't know."

Sabi's refused to talk about her period.

And then there's Jongamexplain who says he's not a leaker, and if he went on that rant and it's KOS MOS now, he's going to look like an idiot.

This is the only 'real' evidence, and even then it's suspicious.

Shroob

Sup?
When you start hearing something from enough different places, you have to start at least entertaining the idea that there’s some truth to it.
I mean, as stated above, those places never really existed.

KOS MOS kinda snowballed in popularity off a 4chan post and Verg/Sabi's sources giving a "Don't know"/silent treatment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom