• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I feel like if FE was as much of a thing over here pre-Melee as it was in Japan no one would be complaining about it's representation.

THAT BEING SAID Corrin I could do without
Yeah but maybe you should try giving a Severa.

It’s not even that. Aside from Robin and to an extent Corrin, all the Fire Emblem characters feel like they all occupy the same styleistic niche. If you’re not into the series, they all just feel samey. And I know Fire Emblem has way more classes than just Lord. The problem isn’t the amount of representation, it’s the variety of characters from fire emblem.

Also, Severa is very cute.

Last edited:

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
Alright, off the current topic, but I find it somewhat ironic how outside of Smashing Ramen, literally only one other person asked any questions at my AMA thread.
please ask me questions, I'm honestly pretty bored

You didn't ask me any questions...

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

You didn't ask me any questions...
Well, in my defense, I wasn't really paying attention to any of the AMAs for a while, and I.. kinda didn't even know you had one until the day before it locked(or was it 2?)

(I admit that's a bit narcissistic thou)

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
It’s not even that. Aside from Robin and to an extent Corrin, all the Fire Emblem characters feel like they all occupy the same styleistic niche. If you’re not into the series, they all just feel samey. And I know Fire Emblem has way more classes than just Lord. The problem isn’t the amount of representation, it’s the variety of characters from fire emblem.

Also, Severa is very cute.
I understand and agree, but the problem is that the lords are always the "main characters". They're often the best units in the game, and they're the ones you can't let die, while everyone else is expendable.

People gravitate toward main characters on the whole, so while there are tons of other options on the table, Nintendo keeps picking the main characters. And they're all swordsmen with blue hair except for Fire Marth.

D

Deleted member

I for one found all the questions I got asked in my AMAs really cool.

Some highlights were:

>”What would you save from your house after a fire?” by staindgrey staindgrey
>”Create your own character, hero and world for a show” by Noipoi Noipoi

Alongside some others.

NurpNurp

Smash Journeyman
Well, in my defense, I wasn't really paying attention to any of the AMAs for a while, and I.. kinda didn't even know you had one until the day before it locked(or was it 2?)

You have a link? I could think of something

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul

Nah, it's cool.

I wasn't really expecting mine to get too much attention, anyway.

D

Deleted member

I for one found all the questions I got asked in my AMAs really cool.

Some highlights were:

>”What would you save from your house after a fire?” by staindgrey staindgrey
>”Create your own character, hero and world for a show” by Noipoi Noipoi

Alongside some others.
Those were some creative questions. I just got

Screenshot_20191202-130741_Opera.jpg

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Oh my god.

I just remembered that Switch Diablo 3 has Ganondorf's transmog in it.

Once the power turns back on, I'm totally making a Ganondoef Barb.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I understand and agree, but the problem is that the lords are always the "main characters". They're often the best units in the game, and they're the ones you can't let die, while everyone else is expendable.

People gravitate toward main characters on the whole, so while there are tons of other options on the table, Nintendo keeps picking the main characters. And they're all swordsmen with blue hair except for Fire Marth.
So the lesson here is that Intelligent Systems needs to start pumping out FE games with different classes as protagonists.

D

Deleted member

Are you sure about that?

I think Lords being the best or even good is quite a rare exception.
The list of good lords
  • Alm
  • Sigurd
  • Hector
  • Ephraim maybe
  • Ike
  • Ike again
  • Robin
  • Corrin
  • Alm again
  • Celica maybe (Echoes)
  • Byleth
  • Edelgard
  • Dimitri
  • Claude

Last edited by a moderator:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Are you sure about that?

Think he is refering more to lords since Awakening.

'cuz as far I remember, every lords since Awakening have been great or at least decent, nah?

osby

Smash Obsessed
So the lesson here is that Intelligent Systems needs to start pumping out FE games with different classes as protagonists.
I mean, Robin is a Tactician. Corrin starts as Nohr Prince/Princess. Byleth's first class is Commoner.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Are you sure about that?

Older FE games they were at least mid-tier units. Modern FE games they're always in the upper echelon.

Well, Eliwood sucked though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom