• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Well, the thread was moved to a graveyard.

Other then that, yeah not much has happened.

Edit: Okay I was joking about the graveyard thing. Post something. Jfc.

Last edited:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Dont be like Arcsys with BBCTB

Dont charge 49.99 on a game that is literaly the same as the game you have but the only Difference is the 49.99 one had all DLC

the DLC alone is just 24.99 and yet, the special edition of the game with all DLC IS 49.99

Last edited:

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there

Dont charge 49.99 on a game that is literaly the same as the game you have but the only Difference is the 49.99 one had all DLC

the DLC alone is just 24.99 and yet, the special edition of the game with all DLC IS 49.99
I played the demo and really liked it, but gosh dang they really messed up the DLC system on that one, didn't they? Really happy I didn't buy that at launch.

Is it worth ever picking up at some point? I'm a sucker for Persona 4 content so I want it for that, lol.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
I played the demo and really liked it, but gosh dang they really messed up the DLC system on that one, didn't they? Really happy I didn't buy that at launch.

Is it worth ever picking up at some point? I'm a sucker for Persona 4 content so I want it for that, lol.
they did SO GOOD with having all DLC in one pack and you would get the new DLC for free

then 2.0 happend and they did this.

i personaly like the game myself

Last edited:

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
Nevermind, go back to the graveyard thing.
Would now be a bad time to also mention I have a Garfield Magical Girl Mii Swordfighter called Garfy-chan?

they did SO GOOD with having all DLC in one pack and you would get the new DLC for free

TBH my biggest problem with fighting games is that there are so many good ones out there, but trying to play them all would be a nightmare because of how expensive fighting games always are with DLC and the time commitment they are. Along with the BlazBlue games, I also want to try Tekken 7 and Soulcalibur 6 at somepoint, but I'm probably gonna be able to only have time (and money) for just one.

Last edited:

Rangez

Dimensional Dile-Up

I've been interested in BBTAG for some time since the intial reveal from EVO, though the roster could've use some adjustments with how many characters from each series have been added, especially with how RWBY has been handled (Like seriously, it took until the 2.0 version to be announced that the game will finally get another character from that series!).

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed

Is that edition coming to the Switch version? I can only find it on the PSN Store. And no where can I find physical copies of it.

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
So, I went ahead and did my voting for The Game Awards and they go as follows:

• Game of the Year - Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
  • Action Game - Devil May Cry 5
  • Action/Adventure Game - Resident Evil 2
  • Art Direction - The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening
  • Audio Design - Resident Evil 2
  • Community Support - Final Fantasy XIV
  • Content Creator of the Year - Courage
  • Esports Coach - Zonic
  • Esports Event - EVO 2019
  • Esports Game of the Year - Counter Strike: Global Offensive
  • Esports Host - Candice
  • Esports Player - Sinatraa
  • Esports Team - Team Liquid
  • Family Game - Luigi's Mansion 3
  • Fighting Game - Samurai Shodown
  • Fresh Indie Game - House House for Untitled Goose Game
  • Game Direction - Resident Evil 2
  • Games for Impact - GRIS
  • Independent Game - Untitled Goose Game
  • Mobile Game - Sayonara Wild Hearts
  • Multiplayer Game - Tetris 99 (honestly just didn't want to pick one of the other games that were all shooters)
  • Narrative - Death Stranding
  • Ongoing Game - Final Fantasy XIV
  • Performance - Mads Mikkelson as Cliff in Death Stranding
  • Role-Playing Game - The Outer Worlds
  • Score & Music - Devil May Cry 5
  • Sports/Racing Game - Crash Team Racing Nitro-Fueled
  • Strategy Game - Fire Emblem: Three Houses
  • VR/AR Game - No Man's Sky

Overall everything wasn't a bad line up. I think it's dumb that Death Stranding has picked up so many nominations since it's one of Hideo Kojima's most mediocre games from what I've played so far. It's got a good story but not GotY AT ALL. Overall my most voted was Resident Evil 2. And I'm 100% sure Fire Emblem has the Strategy Game award in the bag so that's super nice.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
So, I went ahead and did my voting for The Game Awards and they go as follows:

• Game of the Year - Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
  • Action Game - Devil May Cry 5
  • Action/Adventure Game - Resident Evil 2
  • Art Direction - The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening
  • Audio Design - Resident Evil 2
  • Community Support - Final Fantasy XIV
  • Content Creator of the Year - Courage
  • Esports Coach - Zonic
  • Esports Event - EVO 2019
  • Esports Game of the Year - Counter Strike: Global Offensive
  • Esports Host - Candice
  • Esports Player - Sinatraa
  • Esports Team - Team Liquid
  • Family Game - Luigi's Mansion 3
  • Fighting Game - Samurai Shodown
  • Fresh Indie Game - House House for Untitled Goose Game
  • Game Direction - Resident Evil 2
  • Games for Impact - GRIS
  • Independent Game - Untitled Goose Game
  • Mobile Game - Sayonara Wild Hearts
  • Multiplayer Game - Tetris 99 (honestly just didn't want to pick one of the other games that were all shooters)
  • Narrative - Death Stranding
  • Ongoing Game - Final Fantasy XIV
  • Performance - Mads Mikkelson as Cliff in Death Stranding
  • Role-Playing Game - The Outer Worlds
  • Score & Music - Devil May Cry 5
  • Sports/Racing Game - Crash Team Racing Nitro-Fueled
  • Strategy Game - Fire Emblem: Three Houses
  • VR/AR Game - No Man's Sky

Overall everything wasn't a bad line up. I think it's dumb that Death Stranding has picked up so many nominations since it's one of Hideo Kojima's most mediocre games from what I've played so far. It's got a good story but not GotY AT ALL. Overall my most voted was Resident Evil 2. And I'm 100% sure Fire Emblem has the Strategy Game award in the bag so that's super nice.
Wait..... Samurai Shodown? Over Smash Ultimate? That doesn’t make much sense.

Also, why is it Shodown and not Showdown!?! That will always bug me.

Last edited:

NonSpecificGuy

Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584

I don't really consider Smash Ultimate a traditional fighting game. Call me old fashioned. It was between MK11 and Samurai Shodown for me but I feel like SNK deserves some love this year. I know Smash or MK11 will likely take the overall cake though, sadly.

Plus, I put Smash as my Game of the Year.

And that's just how it's always been spelled.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I don't really consider Smash Ultimate a traditional fighting game. Call me old fashioned. It was between MK11 and Samurai Shodown for me but I feel like SNK deserves some love this year. I know Smash or MK11 will likely take the overall cake though, sadly.

Plus, I put Smash as my Game of the Year.

And that's just how it's always been spelled.
Still bothers me. It’s like.... a remnant of bad Engrish translations.

And wait, were these your personal votes or your predictions?

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
I picked up GRIS as part of my attempt at finding out more about the games that came out this year, since I mainly played Nintendo titles, Devil May Cry 5, Crash Team Racing: Nitro-Fueled, and Untitled Goose Game as far as the Game Award nominees go.

Based on the description on the Switch's eShop, it seems like it will be relaxing despite dealing with what seems to be some heavy subject matter (seeing as there are no enemies and no way to die in-game). I'll probably also get Katana Zero and Baba Is You at some point.

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed
Based on the description on the Switch's eShop, it seems like it will be relaxing despite dealing with what seems to be some heavy subject matter (seeing as there are no enemies and no way to die in-game).
Its story is very open to interpretation but music and visuals give the plot a very somber feeling.

Some puzzle parts were a bit hard for me but I highly recommend it if you like atmospherical games.

Kingslime304

Smash Lord
Hot take: I personally think Corrin is one of (If not) the worst characters in the whole game.

The only things going for them is range, one ok kill throw and an alright recovery.

Otherwise, Pin is gutted as a whole, they’re really freaking slow for a sword character, lack a good amount of kill options due to nerfs to aerials and neutral special, no good get off tools, lacks a niche that would be better than other swordies, other stuff that is slower then even Ike at times, and all I get is a character that’s feels really miserable to play as no matter how I play.

Maybe I am exaggerating about it, but I still feel like that they’re underwhelming in all cases.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208

I always figured it was a pun. You know, like Shōgun, because samurai.

osby

Smash Obsessed
Hot take: I personally think Corrin is one of (If not) the worst characters in the whole game.
That's hardly a hot take.

Pretty much everyone is saying they've been nerfed to the ground since Ultimate's release.

Last edited:

Kingslime304

Smash Lord
This really isn't a hot take.

Pretty much, everyone is saying they've been nerfed to the ground since Ultimate's release.
Yeah, I mean some would argue that Little Mac is worse because of his recovery, but at least he becomes annoying against the opponent, and at least he can get something done from his main playstyle, even when others have better ground game, and doesn’t work consistently.

Corrin is not really like that in a sense.

Last edited:

NonSpecificGuy

Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Ryu and Cloud being as mediocre as they are hurts my soul, to be honest.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
I've been trying to find an Alcremie battle, as apparently, Pokemon will only Gigantimax when they're caught from a Raid Battle.
They also have to be in their gigantamax form when you encounter them, which makes them even rarer. Just any old Alcremie raid won't do.

And on top of that, their catch rates are much lower compared to other raid bosses, which means even if you find it you might not be able to catch it.

Its an annoying system.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Game balance, in my opinion, should strive to make EVERYONE overpowered. It’s more interesting that way. Like KI13.
SamSho's director agrees and I don't cause I cannot **** with Genjuro and his stupid ass projectile that forces you to stay still as not parrying it makes it respawn and attack you again. **** Genjuro, ugly ass was in the majority of top 8 this year and I Simply Do Not Vibe With That

DerpingPikachu

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5074-6946-5113
Cloud and Ryu are at least serviceable IMO, and I can actually have fun playing them
Trying to play Bayo or Corrin just makes me sad.
Agreed. It'd be nice if Bayo was atleast good, not horribly overpowered but the way she is now I almost never play her anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom