• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Some minutes ago, I got hooked into playing that Toy Story 2 clip on repeat because I really liked it and my father told me to stop.

Oh, but he didn’t ask me to stop like “Hey JD, why don’t you lower the volume?” Ooooh no.

Instead, he said with the deepest anger of the universe and while shouting “GOD ****ING DAMMIT. TURN THAT DAMN **** OFF ALREADY FOR ****S SAKE”, as if I was murdering someone.

Then when we ask him to lower the volume of the conspiranoic **** he hears on WhatssApp videos, he gets petty and refuses to.

Last edited by a moderator:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
DCAU Clock King has like.... the lamest origin ever.

Also, I think it's funny how BTAS stole a lot of Green Arrow villains (Clock King, Count Vertigo etc.), and Arrow for years has had a reputation of stealing Batman villains. It's like... payback or irony or something.

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Hot take:

Smell of the Game is a sick ass song and hype as hell in context. On it's own though it's rather mediocre.

D

Deleted member

Some minutes ago, I got hooked into playing that Toy Story 2 clip on repeat because I really liked it and my father told me to stop.

Oh, but he didn’t ask me to stop like “Hey JD, why don’t you lower the volume?” Ooooh no.

Instead, he said with the deepest anger of the universe and while shouting “GOD ****ING DAMMIT. TURN THAT DAMN **** OFF ALREADY FOR ****S SAKE”, as if I was murdering someone.

Then when we ask him to lower the volume of the conspiranoic **** he hears on WhatssApp videos, he gets petty and refuses to.
Yikes. That... Doesn’t sound fun.

If you wanna talk about it PM me.

D

Deleted member

Nothing huge to bring through PMs yet.

If something does happen, I’ll make sure to bring it there.

Hopefully not doh.
Well, I hope nothing happens that needs to be brought to PMs, I’m just saying that if it does I’m here to support you my guy.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493

If stuff like this keeps happening, maybe consider talking to him about taking some anger management consulting?

NonSpecificGuy

Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Idk man cooking fish sticks has never been as hype as when I had The Scent Of The Interactive Entertainment on blast in the background
Song has no flow. Not at all. It's hype for reveals tho.

NonSpecificGuy

Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Weird how little fanfare it’s gotten. It’s like when The Man Who Killed Don Quixote came out and pretty much nothing happened.
The dude tried to fight a windmill. If the twist ain't that the windmill kicked his punk ass it ain't worth mentioning.

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
when the colour coordination with your phone and dynamax bracelet hits just right

1574117571903.png

D

Deleted member

Have you recorded any of his outbursts and showed them to him?
Nope.

And if I did I could expect the worst to happen for “recording a parental figure without permission” as they say.

are the avatars fully customizable this time? Or are they still actual characters who you just rename and can serve other rolls in things like the anime and manga?
Seems to be the former.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
What are your guys predictions for tomorrows nominations for The Game Awards?
DMC5 better get a ton of nominations. But somehow, Death Stranding will win a bunch due to Dewrito Pope and Kojima being buddy-buddy with each other.

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
are the avatars fully customizable this time? Or are they still actual characters who you just rename and can serve other rolls in things like the anime and manga?
fully customizable down to hair colour/style, eye colour/makeup, and clothes/clothes colour

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
fully customizable down to hair colour/style, eye colour/makeup, and clothes/clothes colour
Oh. great.

I mean, I know Pokemon doesn't really care about story but they could at least pretend to care. Having a fixed design at least creates the illusion of actual character.

I'm tired of the increasing popularity of plank-of-wood customizable characters. I can't get invested in a character that litterally has no personality because all their moves, animations, and dialogue (if there is any) has to be generic enough to fit with every possible customization. I play video games to escape into someone else's shoes. Not just be me with superpowers. Me with superpowers is still depressed, alone, and dysphoric. It's why I like acting too. And why I pretend to be the Joker so often.

Look at me, self psycho-analyzing when I have a paper to write.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
One thing I find funny is that for each patch thag goes to improving the online, majority of it goes to improving Battle Arenas, which pretty much says that they already know that Quickplay is ass.

I don't mind Quickplay, but compared to Online Tourneys and Battle Arenas, it's not good.

StormC

Smash Hero
Oh. great.

I mean, I know Pokemon doesn't really care about story but they could at least pretend to care. Having a fixed design at least creates the illusion of actual character.

I'm tired of the increasing popularity of plank-of-wood customizable characters. I can't get invested in a character that litterally has no personality because all their moves, animations, and dialogue (if there is any) has to be generic enough to fit with every possible customization. I play video games to escape into someone else's shoes. Not just be me with superpowers. Me with superpowers is still depressed, alone, and dysphoric. It's why I like acting too. And why I pretend to be the Joker so often.

Look at me, self psycho-analyzing when I have a paper to write.
In the vast majority of Pokemon games, story for me is just "text boxes you mash A through." I'll take a flexible customized character over that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom