• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shadowwolflink

Smash Master
I think we’re on one of three potential timelines.

The “Oh Cool, Namco/Capcom” timeline where the character belongs to one of those companies (Heihachi, Lloyd, KOS-MOS, Dante, Leon/Jill)

The “What the ****!” timeline where Te character is something like Kratos, Scorpion, or Artorias/Solaire

And the “Master Troll” timeline where the character is something weird like The Prince from Katamari or Frogger.

Now which timeline is the question?
The Prince is an excellent choice that I would be thrilled about.

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
Disagree with you saying the BOTW trees don't look that good, although I guess they could be better?
I should clarify and say that I don't think BotW's trees look bad. I think BotW is definitely better looking than SwSh by far, but honestly, a lot of it has to do with texture work and overall artstyle. Most of SwSh models are fine IMO (the humans especially look great), they just need to work on their texturing and also filling in the Wild Area with more content. Getting rid of the pop ins is also greatly needed.

IMHO, SwSh really doesn't look that bad, it just needed more time in the oven. Heck, it's pretty darn comparable to FE: Three Houses in terms of visuals (another game that needed some more work in that area TBH). However, the root of the problem is still the unfortunate decision of the NatDex, which is what sparked all this graphical micro-scoping in the first place.

D

Deleted member

Alright, it's new age ****posting time!(because I don't feel like debating, honestly)

Me when I meet the final boss and have to face him in a fight:

Also, I'll try not to spam embed for now, so I don't get hit with the hammer again.

P.Kat

Smash Champion
Shantae and the Seven Sirens is scheduled to release by 2019, but 2019 is soon ending, and they haven't given word about changing the date or anything. If this keeps up, maybe, just maybe, the game might premier at the VGA while revealing Shantae as the 5th fighter, or WayForward could just set the game back for early 2020, only time will tell.

StormC

Smash Hero
Can you prove character #5 exists? There's more photographic proof of Bigfoot than character #5. Wake up sheeple.

MooMew64

If I had to pick my personal top OST for this year, it probably would go to SwSh. The music is honestly top grade and has a lot of good stuff in there.

KH3 is a good runner up, though. Least favorite OST is probably Yoshi's Crafted World. I have no idea how the same people who made the amazing Woolly World's OST made Crafted's; it such a downgrade to me personally.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I mean, to each their own, but the fixation on the tree is kinda funny to me. Like, do people straight up boot the game up, get to the wild area, and then just sit there staring at the trees with contempt or something?

I'm gonna be honest, the BotW trees don't look that much better to me. :drshrug:
I mean it doesn’t ruin my gameplay
experience but when you ride your bike around and hit the trees it’s a bit jarring.

ColietheGoalie

Smash Lord
If I had to pick my personal top OST for this year, it probably would go to SwSh. The music is honestly top grade and has a lot of good stuff in there.

KH3 is a good runner up, though. Least favorite OST is probably Yoshi's Crafted World. I have no idea how the same people who made the amazing Woolly World's OST made Crafted's; it such a downgrade to me personally.
Anthem and Greedfall are the only 2 I've listened to by themselves so far this year, both with some good stuff. I wish Nintendo released more official soundtracks out West.

MooMew64

I mean it doesn’t ruin my gameplay
experience but when you ride your bike around and hit the trees it’s a bit jarring.
Honestly, the Pokemon popping into existence is worse to me. Especially if it's one of the big ones like Onyx. Gotta swerve around 'em so I don't get into an unwanted encounter, lol.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
>biking around the wild area
>bikes through a clear path
>snorlax teleports in front of you

Nothing personal, kid. :143:

Last edited:

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
Shantae and the Seven Sirens is scheduled to release by 2019, but 2019 is soon ending, and they haven't given word about changing the date or anything. If this keeps up, maybe, just maybe, the game might premier at the VGA while revealing Shantae as the 5th fighter, or WayForward could just set the game back for early 2020, only time will tell.
I'm starting to fear that the latter is the more likely scenario.

Captain Shwampy

Smash Master
I mean, to each their own, but the fixation on the tree is kinda funny to me. Like, do people straight up boot the game up, get to the wild area, and then just sit there staring at the trees with contempt or something?

I'm gonna be honest, the BotW trees don't look that much better to me. :drshrug:
Its poor world design art direction on gamefreaks part
When things dont look right people will question it

Last edited:

MooMew64

I really do love the way they handled gyms this go around. And the cities look soooooo cool! The town that had Nessa's Gym was so pretty and fun to run around in. The gym missions are also a welcome shake up to the gym formula.

I also do enjoy the Wild Area quite a bit. There's a lot to explore, and seeing the Pokemon walk around and figuring out what new ones I want to catch for my ever changing team per-area is great fun. Oh, and Dynamaxing is literally just timed Megas, which I liked, so it's cool too lol. Dynamax attacks seem to be where the most effort for battle animations went, at least from what I've seen so far.

Last edited:

Alternis

Ignore the user in front of you
NNID
GeneralO
Switch FC
SW-1137-6792-9994
I think for me, best OST of 2019 comes down to Fire Emblem: Three Houses and Borderlands 3. Both have good variety and I find myself listening to them all the time.

Though Kingdom Hearts III is also there...

nessdeltarune00

Banned via Warnings
Probably the Capcom/Namco timeline.
Imo, I think that its shaping up to be the 2nd one.

I mean, I could be very wrong about this in the future. But if it really was the 1st option, don’t you think its odd that no insiders have claimed that to be the case? Because from what I have heard, stuff from Namco/Capcom tends to leak easily.

Honestly, the position that we are in now reminds me of what it was like pre Joker last year.

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
Was that person trolling when they said SwSd got a price cut or?

You think people would be flipping their **** even if it was only ten bucks.

D

Deleted member

xD Can I say that the mouse and the gif terrified me more than any of the FNAF animatronics ever did? I watched it and I swear I felt unsettled.
LOL The team is amazing.

Admittedly, not so happy with my performance. I want to blame myself for it, but honestly, I think it was because of the direction.

The team is amazingly talented, don’t get me wrong, and I am honored to voice in the game, but I don’t think they fully understand how to direct voice actors.

My description was just “happy mascot voice,” and I had no direction on the lines. Still tried my best, but it is what it is. lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom