• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Ok. Here’s a fun exercise. Go down the list of Smash franchises and add as many additional characters from each one that you feel it needs. Not that you want. That you feel is needs. (I know that technically no franchises NEEDS anything but go with me here). I’ll post mine in a sec after I think about it a bit. There is no limit to how many characters you can add.
Mario: Waluigi
Donkey Kong: Dixie Kong
Kirby: Bandanna Dee
Earthbound: Ninten
Fire Emblem: Edelgard/Byleth/Dimitri
Sonic: Eggman/Tails
Xenoblade: Rex and Pyra

D

Deleted member

Ok. Here’s a fun exercise. Go down the list of Smash franchises and add as many additional characters from each one that you feel it needs. Not that you want. That you feel is needs. (I know that technically no franchises NEEDS anything but go with me here). I’ll post mine in a sec after I think about it a bit. There is no limit to how many characters you can add.
The only one that I think needs to happen at some point is Geno, and that's more for the fans than for actual series representation.

D

Deleted member

Little funny moment I recorded atm:
(excuse the bad quality, I don't have a capture card atm so I'm doing it from my phone)

D

Deleted member

All good, it's an open invitation.
To be completely honest, I thought that you would react, how should I put this? More hostile?

Tbf, I have been super mean recently(and pretty unhelpful) so maybe that's why?

D

Deleted member

Mario: Pauline
Zelda: Midna
DK: Dixie Kong
Kirby: Adeleine
Metroid: Baby Metroid/Rundas

Raxxel

Hipster Heavyweight Champ
NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
To be completely honest, I thought that you would react, how should I put this? More hostile?

Tbf, I have been super mean recently(and pretty unhelpful) so maybe that's why?
I mean you said nothing offensive in your message. You merely declined and gave your reasoning. I wouldn't have a reason to act with any hostility.

D

Deleted member

I mean you said nothing offensive in your message. You merely declined and gave your reasoning. I wouldn't have a reason to act with any hostility.
Eh, let's just say that I tend to get met with hostility whenever I do anything out of the ordinary for me (such as shilling or spamming gifs everywhere with no context) and while I understand WHY that happens, it really makes me feel like I'm all alone here.

AHEM... moving on.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Finally got my answer to this together.

Mario: Waluigi, Geno, Paper Mario, Some form of Toad
Yoshi: Poochy
Wario: Ashley, Captain Syrup
Legend of Zelda: Impa, Ganon, Tetra, Vaati, Tingle, Darunia, Ruto
Metroid: Sylux, and that’s only a maybe.
Kirby: Bandanna Dee (please give him a proper name if he’s an actual character), Dark Matter
Star Fox: Krystal
Pokémon: Meowth, Gengar, Giovanni (Persian, Rhyhorn, Nidoqueen), Scizor, Sceptile, Grovyle (mystery dungeon, echo fighter), Zoroark, Someone from Gen 8 that isn’t a starter.
EarthBound: Ninten (combined Lucas/Ness Echo), Giygas, Kumatora, Masked Man
F-Zero: Black Shadow (echo with more of Dorf’s abilities so he can become more unique and do things he does in the series), Samurai Goroh
Fire Emblem: Not really my area of expertise so I’ll just say Medeus and Black Knight (echo fighter) and leave this one open for suggestions.
Kid Icarus: Viridi, Medusa (echo fighter)
Animal Crossing: K.K. Slider
Wii Fit: Ring Fit Trainer. If she counts.
Punch-Out: King Hippo. Maybe Mr. Sandman.
Xenoblade Chronicles: Elma, Rex, Lora
Splatoon: Octoling (Echo Fighter)
Metal Gear: Raiden, Liquid Snake (Echo Fighter)
Sonic: Tails, Knuckles, Dr. Eggman
Mega Man: Zero
Pac-Man: Ms. Pac-Man (Echo Fighter)
Street Fighter: Chun-Li
Final Fantasy: Black Mage, Kefka Polazzo
Bayonetta: Jeanne (Echo Fighter)
Castlevania: Alucard
Persona: Yu Narukami, maybe someone from Persona 3? Makoto, Mitsuru, or Aegis probably if it weren’t for the whole, shooting yourself in the head thing.
Dragon Quest: Dragon Lord or Psaro
Banjo-Kazooie: As much as I want to throw Gruntilda or Mumbo on here, I can acknowledge that Banjo doesn’t really need anyone else.
Fatal Fury: Either Mai, Geese, Rock, or Kyo if we really streatch the definition (like what the stage does).

Momotsuki

Smash Champion
I might have a bit of a habit of getting really crass and snarky whenever my jimmies are rustled? I dunno if anyone thinks so or not. I won't take any offense if so.

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
Mario: Waluigi, Toad
Donkey Kong: Dixie
Kirby: Bandana Waddle Dee
Fire Emblem: Lyn
Metal Gear Solid: Raiden
Sonic the Hedgehog: Tails, Shadow
Xenoblade Chronicles: Elma, Rex & Pyra/Mythra
Street Fighter: Chun-li
Persona: Yu Narukami
Fatal Fury/The King of Fighters: Kyo Kusanagi

I feel like these are the most popular and/or recurring characters from their respective series.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Finally got my answer to this together.

Mario: Waluigi, Geno, Paper Mario, Some form of Toad
Wario: Ashley, Captain Syrup
Legend of Zelda: Impa, Ganon, Tetra, Vaati, Tingle, Darunia, Ruto
Metroid: Sylux, and that’s only a maybe.
Kirby: Bandanna Dee (please give him a proper name if he’s an actual character), Dark Matter
Pokémon: Meowth, Gengar, Giovanni (Persian, Rhyhorn, Nidoqueen), Scizor, Sceptile, Grovyle (mystery dungeon, echo fighter), Zoroark, Someone from Gen 8 that isn’t a starter.
EarthBound: Ninten (combined Lucas/Ness Echo), Giygas, Kumatora, Masked Man
F-Zero: Black Shadow (echo with more of Dorf’s abilities so he can become more unique and do things he does in the series), Samurai Goroh
Fire Emblem: Not really my area of expertise so I’ll just say Medeus and Black Knight (echo fighter) and leave this one open for suggestions.
Kid Icarus: Viridi, Medusa (echo fighter)
Animal Crossing: K.K. Slider
Wii Fit: Ring Fit Trainer. If she counts.
Punch-Out: King Hippo. Maybe Mr. Sandman.
Xenoblade Chronicles: Elma, Rex, Lora
Splatoon: Octoling (Echo Fighter)
Metal Gear: Raiden, Liquid Snake (Echo Fighter)
Sonic: Tails, Knuckles, Dr. Eggman
Pac-Man: Ms. Pac-Man (Echo Fighter)
Street Fighter: Chun-Li
Final Fantasy: Black Mage, Kefka Polazzo
Bayonetta: Jeanne (Echo Fighter)
Persona: Yu Narukami, maybe someone from Persona 3? Makoto, Mitsuru, or Aegis probably if it weren’t for the whole, shooting yourself in the head thing.
Dragon Quest: Dragon Lord or Psaro
Banjo-Kazooie: As much as I want to throw Gruntilda or Mumbo on here, I can acknowledge that Banjo doesn’t really need anyone else.
Fatal Fury: Either Mai, Geese, Rock, or Kyo if we really streatch the definition (like what the stage does).
My only additions to this at the moment are Fawful, Cynthia (Garchomp, Milotic and Spiritomb), Mona (Wario) and Anna (FE)

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
So, what are everyone's favorite new 'Mon(s) in SwSh? Mine are
probably the Nickit line. Alcremie is really cute too, though. Lots of cool Galarian forms as well.

Last edited:

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
I might have a bit of a habit of getting really crass and snarky whenever my jimmies are rustled? I dunno if anyone thinks so or not. I won't take any offense if so.
I can't say that I've noticed this.

You typically seem pretty composed and your posts are usually well thought out.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Needs... Alright then. My definition of need is that there feels there's a gap without them

Mario: Waluigi and Toad (captain, -ette or otherwise)
Donkey Kong: Dixie Kong, Cranky Kong
Legend of Zelda: Tetra, Impa
Metroid: None (Give Dark Samus her own moveset tho)
Kirby: Bandanna Dee
Pokemon: Gen 3 Pokemon, Gen 5 Pokemon, Gen 8 Pokemon

Earthbound: Ninten
F-Zero: Black Shadow

Ice Climbers and other retro games: None
Fire Emblem: Lyn, Three Houses character

Kid Icarus: Medusa or Hades
Wario: Ashley or Mona.
Pikmin: Seperate Alph

Metal Gear: Raiden
Sonic: Tails, Knuckles, Shadow

Animal Crossing: Tom Nook
Wii Fit: None
Punch Out: King Hippo
Xenoblade: Elma, Rex/Pyra/Mythra

Pac-Man: Ms. Pac-Man
Street Fighter: Chun-li
Final Fantasy: Black Mage, White Mage, Chocobo, Cecil, Terra
Bayonetta: None

Splatoon: Squid Sisters, off the Hook, Octolings

Castlevania: Alucard, Soma
Persona 5: None for the game itself but maybe the other Persona protagonists?
Dragon Quest: Slime, add more Heroes to Hero's alts
Banjo-Kazzoie: None.
Fatal Fury: This covers all of SNK, I'd be here for a while.

Last edited:

Kirby Dragons

Smash Hero
Mario: Pauline, Waluigi
Yoshi: Kamek
Wario: Ashley
Legend of Zelda: Midna, Impa
Kirby: Bandana Waddle Dee
Pokémon: Sceptile
EarthBound: Ninten
F-Zero: Black Shadow, Samurai Goroh
Animal Crossing: Tom Nook
Punch-Out: King Hippo
Xenoblade Chronicles: Elma, Rex & Pyra/Mythra

I think the other series are good as they are. Plus there are other first-party series without playable characters that would be cool if they joined.

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
What 'Mons?
Er, sorry, I was talking about Pokemon. I've been going through all the new ones and was curious what other people's favorites were! Choosing one clear favorite is really hard for me ATM, lol. Every time I feel I find that one design I like, I see something I love even more. Galar's new Pokemon are pretty top tier designs IMO.

Momotsuki

Smash Champion
Er, sorry, I was talking about Pokemon. I've been going through all the new ones and was curious what other people's favorites were! Choosing one clear favorite is really hard for me ATM, lol. Every time I feel I find that one design I like, I see something I love even more. Galar's new Pokemon are pretty top tier designs IMO.
Ah, ah okay. I wasn't sure what you meant. :4pacman:
Galarian Zigzagoon is pretty neat and cute. I like Galarian Zigzagoon. But alas, one cute creature does not a complete game make.

Kirby Dragons

Smash Hero
So, what are everyone's favorite new 'Mon(s) in SwSh? Mine are
probably the Nickit line. Alcremie is really cute too, though. Lots of cool Galarian forms as well.
Corviknight, Eiscue, and Dragapult. Dragapult even has potential to become one of my top 10 favorites. It depends on how good it'll be when I get the game and add it to my team.

nessdeltarune00

Banned via Warnings
Who wants to hear a hot take?

Waluigi would be an incredibly boring pick for me and scraping at the bottom of the barrel, the main reason why he has been requested by many is because of memes. (Though i know there are some who legitimately want want him)

All of the A tier Mario characters have been added already.

D

Deleted member

Currently at a reunion with some family members who came from another island.

Things are really chill around here.

D

Deleted member

Waluigi would be an incredibly boring pick for me and scraping at the bottom of the barrel, the main reason why he has been requested by many is because of memes. (Though i know there are some who legitimately want want him)

WHAT DID YOU JUST SAY!
I'm pretty sure this isn't as much as a hot take as you think.
I actually agree 100%!

DerpingPikachu

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5074-6946-5113
Question: does anybody know of some snacks that are only in America? I’m trying to send my friend in Canada some things for her birthday and she has no idea.

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul

Waluigi is one of the most recurring characters throughout the Mario spinoffs and he's the perfect companion to Wario. I think that he makes a lot of sense to be playable in Smash.

Raxxel

Hipster Heavyweight Champ
NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816

I heavily disagree with your opinion but I'll respect it. The only thing I'll say is that he absolutely isn't requested because of memes a lot of the time. That's an exaggerated minority. A lot of people request him because he is in fact, while nonexistent in mainline Mario games, an absolute fan favorite in spin offs. I'm impartial to him myself, whether he gets in or not doesn't matter to me, but I wouldn't diminish his legitimate fan support.

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
So I get into a battle on Route 6. Trainer has a Clefable using Metronome over and over.

All of a sudden, Metronome turns into Fusion Bolt...which is a signature move of Zekrom.

Interesting that that happens...hm.
makes sense, since zekrom is among the 35 additional pokemon in the files but unobtainable

WaddleKing

Smash Ace
NNID
Nassim250
At least Waluigi has been far more recurring than Geno. Personally that's the only popular request that heavily bothers me is so popular, I'd rather have people asking for Mario RPGs to get better again especially after AlphaDream going defunct. Also esentially trying to get Square Enix to let him and Mallow into Mario games again.

I'd definitely say Toad is an A tier for the Mario series.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Super Mario Bros.: Paper Mario
Metroid: Sylux
Yoshi: Kamek, Poochy
Kirby: Bandana Dee
StarFox: Leon Powalski
Pokemon: Gen 5 Pokemon, Gen 8 Pokemon
EarthBound: Ninten, Porky Minch
Fire Emblem: Byleth, Edelgard
Kid Icarus: Medusa
Sonic the Hedgehog: Tails
Pac-Man: Miss Pac-Man
Xenoblade: Elma, Rex
Final Fantasy VII: Sephiroth
Splatoon: Octoling

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
Super Mario Bros.: Paper Mario
Metroid: Sylux
Yoshi: Kamek, Poochy
Kirby: Bandana Dee
StarFox: Leon Powalski
Pokemon: Gen 5 Pokemon, Gen 8 Pokemon
EarthBound: Ninten, Porky Minch
Fire Emblem: Byleth, Edelgard
Kid Icarus: Medusa
Sonic the Hedgehog: Tails
Pac-Man: Miss Pac-Man
Xenoblade: Elma, Rex
Final Fantasy VII: Sephiroth
Splatoon: Octoling
What makes Leon a "necessary" addition to Star Fox in your eyes?

nessdeltarune00

Banned via Warnings
Hypothetically speaking, if Ness never became a mainstay in the series, how requested would he be today? Would he viewed on the same level as Geno & Isaac? And would the same arguments against them be applied to him (and Lucas) as well?

Bombdcarlos

Smash Rookie
I main MG&W because of his speed and power. As well as recovery. I have competed in about 4 tourneys this year and have played the best from Gluttony to MKLeo and man this game is amazing. I recently started a YouTube channel so I can post clips of super smash bros ultimate . If you guys have dope clips please submit to 3stockgaming@gmail.com as for the 1st video it's up! And here is the link :) if you like it please like comment and subscribe ! I want to bring smash bros content and have fun in the process:) https://youtu.be/rsLTeOCPZDU

Momotsuki

Smash Champion
So funny story.

Apparently you CAN transfer them but they aren’t in the Dex. A friend linked me to Serebii. If I get the link I’ll share it.
That is unbelievably dumb. If you're gonna cull the dex, cull the dex. You can't even ruin the game without rushing that, too!

D

Deleted member

I am teaching one of my little cousins how to play Sonic Mania.

He is having a lot of fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom