• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shroob

Sup?
I mean, there is a rather easy solution I imagine.

You could go about it one of two ways, though I'm unsure if this site can handle such a thing:

1# Make it impossible for new Users to make threads until they hit a certain # of posts, probably something very low. Bots have very rarely shown the ability to post in threads, but as is, it's a 1/1000 occurrence.

and if that's not possible:

2# Make it so new Users HAVE to make an introduction thread first by posting in the New User section. It wouldn't stop the bots, but it would corral them into a single area instead of spreading them out over the site.

It's abundantly clear that stopping the bots is a lost cause at this point, but there has to be a way to make them manageable at the very least.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I mean, there is a rather easy solution I imagine.

You could go about it one of two ways, though I'm unsure if this site can handle such a thing:

1# Make it impossible for new Users to make threads until they hit a certain # of posts, probably something very low. Bots have very rarely shown the ability to post in threads, but as is, it's a 1/1000 occurrence.

and if that's not possible:

2# Make it so new Users HAVE to make an introduction thread first by posting in the New User section. It wouldn't stop the bots, but it would corral them into a single area instead of spreading them out over the site.

It's abundantly clear that stopping the bots is a lost cause at this point, but there has to be a way to make them manageable at the very least.
Good Morning!

ahem, I dunno about #2, but #1 should fix the problem, honestly.

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
I had the strangest dream.

I dreamt Gordon Ramsay made his way to Galar and critiqued everyone’s curry.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Those Korean bots are really becoming a hassle, I hope the site staff is looking into the problem
They're not that big of a deal. You just open thread/profile and hit a spam function that appears next to new accounts.

Removes the account, blocks the IP, and tells us of similar accounts we should look at. Most bots also get flagged through a spam filter and have to approved before they can access the full site.

It takes a lot more effort to open up warning tabs. This is just a one to three click process that's clear cut. Every mod, no matter the section they're assigned, has the ability to spam mark a new user.

D

Deleted member

They're not that big of a deal. You just open thread/profile and hit a spam function that appears next to new accounts.

Removes the account, blocks the IP, and tells us of similar accounts we should look at. Most bots also get flagged through a spam filter and have to approved before they can access the full site.

It takes a lot more effort to open up warning tabs. This is just a one to three click process that's clear cut. Every mod, no matter the section they're assigned, has the ability to spam mark a new user.
Quick Question(probably a super dumb one) about warning tabs, are they handwritten or something?

Last edited by a moderator:

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Quick Question(probably a super dumb one) about warning tabs, are they handwritten or something?
They're from a pre-selected list that auto fills in most info. We used to have custom infractions but that was removed the other month during the site revamp and changeover to warnings from infractions.

Admins might still have access to then, but even then they were rarely ever used. Ex. Avatar or signature abuse.

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
So finally starting the dogs new diet today with raw egg and yogurt in the morning and evening with chicken, white rice and broccoli. Combined with that along with an mixture of green tea and apple cinder vinegar will hopefully treat Molly's recurring ear infection.

Last edited:

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
It's that time again when you buy a new Pokemon game where you have to do research on how to get your favorite Pokemon in the game as soon as possible as well as get its signature move as soon as possible.

With the Ralts line in the Galar Pokedex, I can have Gallade on my story team again!

Good news: Ralts is catchable quite early into the game: foggy areas in the Wild Area and even in the area surrounding the first Gym!

Bad news: Seems like Gallade now learns Psycho Cut at Level 42 and not Level 31 (why couldn't they just let him learn Psycho Cut upon evolving? That would've been better), and the TM for Psycho Cut isn't obtainable until the later half of the game when I get the Rotom Bike upgrade by then. I also can't get the Dawn Stone until I unlock the part of the Wild Area that allows me to reach Hammerlocke.

RandomAce

Smash Champion
I just find it ironic is all. They've been screaming from the rooftop about Dexit and Masuda, but they still got it anyway lol

I'm all alone here not really caring about the franchise.
I ain’t got money. Game seems neat and all, but I’ll get the Super version, considering that’s what they always do and they generally have more content and fix up the game.

Unless they pull an X and Y.

D

Deleted member

So, as I mentioned last night, a game I voice in came out, and I would love some advice on my voice over. If anyone does have the time, it’d be appreciated. (For my voice, skip to 19:15. I only have three lines in the game, but they were very fun to do!)

https://youtu.be/xsIW03jiXEM

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
You guys gotten any Christmas shopping done yet?

I'm still indecisive about what to get for a lot of my family, but I have mentioned to some of them that I'm attempting to get a Nintendo Switch for my eight year old nephew. Might have to opt out for the Lite depending on how funds are looking, but the kid shouldn't care too much since he primarily plays in portable systems anyway.

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870

I'm still indecisive about what to get for a lot of my family, but I have mentioned to some of them that I'm attempting to get a Nintendo Switch for my eight year old nephew. Might have to opt out for the Lite depending on how funds are looking, but the kid shouldn't care too much since he primarily plays in portable systems anyway.
I'm waiting until cyber monday to do it lol

D

Deleted member

Eh, idk yet. Parents say I have to buy something this year using my own money, and suffice to say that makes budgeting super hard.
Nevermind the fact I would have to hide the stuff I buy from em(although shipping it here would work pretty well)

I mean, I could just give em money, honestly.

Last edited by a moderator:

DerpingPikachu

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5074-6946-5113

I'm planning to soon. I only really have to buy for my mom and my brother this year. My brother made it easy and said he just wants money, but i'm having trouble deciding what to get for my mom and not overspend. It'd be easier if I had a job and more money.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom