• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Did any of you guys get Mario and Sonic at the Olympic Games Tokyo 2020?

I'm thinking of picking it up.
I want to get it but can’t afford it. It’s in my Christmas list.

Sidebar, I have never been more dissatisfied with a Christmas song then that one time I heard “my grownup Christmas list”. The first verse got me really invested and emotional and I was ready to be moved! But then the singer says hats on her list and it’s just generic world peace stuff. Pretty boring all things considered and if I was any good at poetry I’d rewrite it.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
>tfw all your friends are still picking up Pokemon anyway despite them all non-stop complaining

View attachment 246867

I really am an island lol
Hey, if they enjoy it, more power to them. I think everyone who's had issues made their point as is.

I chose to take a break from the series after Sun and Moon. I've done that before back in the day with Gen 3. Still plan on getting MUA3 and DMC5, hopefully soon-ish, if I save up the spare cash outside of more important things. Unless I get them as gifts.

Admit that LBP is probably dead
Little Big Planet? Maybe. But I guess that's because Dreams seems more like a mechanically enhanced interpretation of the level creation stuff.

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
Hey, if they enjoy it, more power to them. I think everyone who's had issues made their point as is.

I chose to take a break from the series after Sun and Moon. I've done that before back in the day with Gen 3. Still plan on getting MUA3 and DMC5, hopefully soon-ish, if I save up the spare cash outside of more important things. Unless I get them as gifts.

Little Big Planet? Maybe. But I guess that's because Dreams seems more like a mechanically enhanced interpretation of the level creation stuff.
I just find it ironic is all. They've been screaming from the rooftop about Dexit and Masuda, but they still got it anyway lol

I'm all alone here not really caring about the franchise.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
I just find it ironic is all. They've been screaming from the rooftop about Dexit and Masuda, but they still got it anyway lol

I'm sticking to my guns...

...Until DynaSword/Shield or whatever comes out.

StormC

Smash Hero

I think they were vocal because they knew ultimately withholding their purchase would probably be a drop in the bucket anyway. The game will still probably sell the usual 15 million a new gen does.

Morbidly, it probably worked on some level. Masuda openly expressed gratitude for the #ThankYouGameFreak hashtag. I truly think the rumors of morale being low at GameFreak have some merit to them. I think they are smart enough to at the very least minimize the outrage for the next marketing cycle, because this one has been actively unpleasant for everyone - fans, critics, and the people making the game.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
My current mood. Somehow being able to draw at 2 in the morning. Workin on redesigning this puppy for my Justice League Show concept.
poster.jpg
I actually liked that movie. Albeit I haven't seen it again since the first time I watched it in theaters. Probably should watch it again.

Alicorn

Cyber Bunny
All of your characters are really good as well. Especially the Corrin and Cloud those were really hard to deal with.
You really think my Cloud is good? I'm honored, I'm not very good with Cloud but I'm happy that I have been getting better with him. I wish I could have showed you my Pits though. They are my mains

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
What’s the lowest thing you’d be willing to do for money.

It’s been on my mind as of late.
I'd jaywalk, then I'd go teabag someone on quickplay. Then I'll probably stay up at night at the thought of what I've done.

I'm a real rebel, I know.

Alicorn

Cyber Bunny
My current mood. Somehow being able to draw at 2 in the morning. Workin on redesigning this puppy for my Justice League Show concept.
I actually liked that movie. Albeit I haven't seen it again since the first time I watched it in theaters. Probably should watch it again.
When you don't compare DC to Marvel movies, JL made a lot of money same with BVS

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
When you don't compare DC to Marvel movies, JL made a lot of money same with BVS
Which is why the franchise is still going and they've had a chance to REALLY get better with Aquaman and Shazam.

Seriously, when I saw Aquaman it was the SINGLE most hype experience I've ever had at a movie. I think I finally knew what it was like to see a character I really cared about depicted so well on the big screen. Same feeling with Shazam and honestly, It's why I can't be invested in the MCU anymore. For years it was just giving me an approximation of that feeling, mostly vicariously through my friends and the other people in the theater. But man, first Wonder Woman, then Justice League, then Aquaman, and then Shazam..... once you've had a taste of that coming authentically, the approximation just doesn't do much for you any more.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
To be fair, they didn't make much money compared to other DC movies, either.
****ing Dark ****ing Knight. That movie series ruined DC movies for a long time after as far as I'm concerned. And they're not even very good to begin with.

I seriously maintain that, to this day, Batman and Superman both have not had a single good standalone movie.

StormC

Smash Hero
****ing Dark ****ing Knight. That movie series ruined DC movies for a long time after as far as I'm concerned. And they're not even very good to begin with.

I seriously maintain that, to this day, Batman and Superman both have not had a single good standalone movie.
The Dark Knight is a fantastic movie if you can get past the pretty blatant fash/authoritarian/mass surveillance apologia.

D

Deleted member

You really think my Cloud is good? I'm honored, I'm not very good with Cloud but I'm happy that I have been getting better with him. I wish I could have showed you my Pits though. They are my mains
Well we should play again sometime then! You're very good at the game and I've been looking to get better anyways.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Ok who the **** at Gamefreak said let’s make drednaw a common enough Pokémon have a legendary catch rate?

I threw 5 be balls when it was paralyzed, and 40 pokeballs. All while it was on red hp.

that’s just plain stupid tbh

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom