• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

StormC

Smash Hero
Ok who the **** at Gamefreak said let’s make drednaw a common enough Pokémon have a legendary catch rate?

I threw 5 be balls when it was paralyzed, and 40 pokeballs. All while it was on red hp.

that’s just plain stupid tbh
I've consistently heard that catching Pokemon is hard in this game. I wonder if it's to incentivize raiding.

Plank08

Smash Lord
Room temperature take: as a movie, Infinity war is way better than Endgame but for me as a Marvel Fan since Ironman Endgame was superior in the fan service aspect by a long shot

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
The Dark Knight is a fantastic movie if you can get past the pretty blatant fash/authoritarian/mass surveillance apologia.
I never got that from it. But then again I haven't watched it since Middle School since I hated it so much.

Even the mission statement of the films boiled my kettle. They wanted to have nothing in their movies that couldn't feasibly happen in reality. Meaning no Lazarus Pit, no Joker origin, no Venom, no potential for villains like Mr. Freeze, Poison Ivy, or Clayface. Basically taking out every interesting thing about Batman in an attempt to tell a "realistic" story when that's not the ****ing point! And those fantastical elements have lead to some of the best storytelling in the series, the example I will always give is Mr. Freeze and his story from the Animated Series and Arkham Games. Can't have that happen in the Dark Knight universe because "ice men can't exist so the story is worthless". No robins because "small children can't fight crime! That's just ridiculous" meaning the only movie that's ever explored Batman's parental side is the ****ing LEGO Batman Movie, and the story of A Death in the Family following into Under the Read Hood is just impossible. Arg, **** Christopher Nolan for ruining Batman and **** those movies for making a tonne of money meaning DC tried to make everything dark and gritty for the better part of a decade afterwards.

Alicorn

Cyber Bunny
****ing Dark ****ing Knight. That movie series ruined DC movies for a long time after as far as I'm concerned. And they're not even very good to begin with.

I seriously maintain that, to this day, Batman and Superman both have not had a single good standalone movie.
You are right, The Dark Knight Trilogy is a golden shackle around DC's ankle both movie and Comicbook wise.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I've consistently heard that catching Pokemon is hard in this game. I wonder if it's to incentivize raiding.
I’ve caught everything else in no more the 3 poke balls, if not one.

This thing is just ridiculous. I only wanted it for the dex because I thought catching it would save time but apparently not.

StormC

Smash Hero
I never got that from it. But then again I haven't watched it since Middle School since I hated it so much.
I won't get into it too much here, but there's a good article about it:

https://historynewsnetwork.org/article/53504

Even the mission statement of the films boiled my kettle. They wanted to have nothing in their movies that couldn't feasibly happen in reality. Meaning no Lazarus Pit, no Joker origin, no Venom, no potential for villains like Mr. Freeze, Poison Ivy, or Clayface. Basically taking out every interesting thing about Batman in an attempt to tell a "realistic" story when that's not the ****ing point! And those fantastical elements have lead to some of the best storytelling in the series, the example I will always give is Mr. Freeze and his story from the Animated Series and Arkham Games. Can't have that happen in the Dark Knight universe because "ice men can't exist so the story is worthless". No robins because "small children can't fight crime! That's just ridiculous" meaning the only movie that's ever explored Batman's parental side is the ****ing LEGO Batman Movie, and the story of A Death in the Family following into Under the Read Hood is just impossible. Arg, **** Christopher Nolan for ruining Batman and **** those movies for making a tonne of money meaning DC tried to make everything dark and gritty for the better part of a decade afterwards.
As a Batman fan (albeit something of a lapsed one), I don't think there is one right way to tell a Batman story. The character has existed for almost a century now and there are so many different interpretations of the mythology. While I can certainly agree that WB has tried too hard to follow the movie's success for the wrong reasons, I think as films they are very well made and have very interesting interpretations of the characters.

I'm looking forward to Matt Reeves' Batman movie because his work on the Apes movies is fantastic and I hope he will bring that energy there.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
You are right, The Dark Knight Trilogy is a golden shackle around DC's ankle both movie and Comicbook wise.
Hopefully Birds of Prey and The Batman are both able to return to a middle ground akin to Batman: The Animated series and the Arkham Games. Perfect balance of realism and fantasy. Great exploration of characters no matter what weird powers they have. Actual ****ING Detective Work because Batman's the World's Greatest Detective and every movie reduces him to mr. punch man with smoke bombs.

And don't get me started on Superman, my god. I'll just say this, if you're going to do a Superman movie, give it to someone who understands the ****ing point of Superman and the core of his story. When that story is told right it's beautiful. It's when people try to weaken him for the sake of "relatability", that's when the stories **** up. Because Superman isn't about the fight to become the best, it's about weather or not he's doing the right thing. And also, he's another character that does a lot of mystery solving and detective work. He's strong enough to beat every bad guy who comes at him, so the best way to tell the story is have him solve the mystery of the crime before finding them and managing to beat them. Man of Steel got this a little bit but strayed in other areas.

Look, DC, Wonder Woman, Aquaman, and Shazam are all big steps in the right direction. Partly because the people making them get the point of the characters. So from now on, DO THAT!

Shroob

Sup?
I liked the DK trilogy lol.

Heath Ledger's Joker is hands down the best one. Maybe only second to the 1980's one to me.

StormC

Smash Hero
I mean both Donkey Kong and Batman have a habit of collecting kids to make a team.

They even fight an evil crocodile once in a while.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Seeing this Batman talk reminds me of how it's strange how Clayface hasn't been used in the movies despite Batman being a detective and a detective movie about catching a shapeshifter sounds amazing. It'd even habe the excuse of using the "Superhero busts the shapeshifter as they turned into their secret identity making them super obvious" thing

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Seeing this Batman talk reminds me of how it's strange how Clayface hasn't been used in the movies despite Batman being a detective and a detective movie about catching a shapeshifter sounds amazing. It'd even habe the excuse of using the "Superhero busts the shapeshifter as they turned into their secret identity making them super obvious" thing
Part of me really hopes Clayface is the next villain they use in Batman. As much as I want a good Mr. Freeze or Poison Ivy movie, probably more than a Clayface one, I have to admit that they've been used before and people are still pretty sour over them from the really bad movies. Same with Riddler.

StormC

Smash Hero
Clayface wouldn't really be realizable on film until you get to 2000s-era CGI probably, which is when Nolan took the helm obviously.

Even in the 90s stuff like the T1000 was cutting edge and the exception to the norm.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Clayface wouldn't really be realizable on film until you get to 2000s-era CGI probably, which is when Nolan took the helm obviously.

Even in the 90s stuff like the T1000 was cutting edge and the exception to the norm.
True but they still haven't used him yet and the 2021 film's casting implies Clayface is absent again despite using Riddler and Penguin again. It's just such a perfect concept

Shroob

Sup?
True but they still haven't used him yet and the 2021 film's casting implies Clayface is absent again despite using Riddler and Penguin again. It's just such a perfect concept
To be honest, has any Batman movie ever been a 'mystery' though?

Despite being "The World's Greatest Detective", it feels like Batman comics are 90% fite

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
To be honest, has any Batman movie ever been a 'mystery' though?

Despite being "The World's Greatest Detective", it feels like Batman comics are 90% fite
I don't read many comic books. I'm trying to get into them, but I'm waiting for most of them to cycle back to Issue 1 again. Probably after Doomsday Clock. But I know that many of the non-film adaptations really dive into the detective aspect. The Animated Series, The Arkham Games, Injustice, Beware the Batman, **** even Batman: The Brave and the Bold.

Plank08

Smash Lord
Yeah the next Batman movies gonna have the penguin and Riddler, which is fine, but we already had them, and Batman’s rouge gallery is bigger than that

Shroob

Sup?
In other news.

I'm really disappointed in the Fossils.

Base stat total of 505 with not a single stat over 100.

I don't care how neat they look, they're just bad, and the only good thing they got is their hidden ability, which is Sand Rush/Slush Rush depending on if it's Draco or Arcto.

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
In other news.

I don't care how neat they look, they're just bad, and the only good thing they got is their hidden ability, which is Sand Rush/Slush Rush depending on if it's Draco or Arcto.
Agree, the fossils are like:
"G o d p l e a s e e n d m e..."

Shroob

Sup?
Also

Jesus christ

The infinite use TMs are just ass this gen while all the good moves are in the one-time use TMs.

That... really sucks ****.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Okay. Early morning brainstorming help.

I need to design a logo for Starfire. The only thing she has right now is this from Injustice 2
10.jpg
which won't work. It's not a logo you would find on a costume. Which is what I need.

Also, because I've drawn myself into a corner, it needs to be able to fit as a replacement for a letter A, V, or E.

Any ideas? I've been looking into potential Tamaranean symbols like a royal family crest or something but if they exist they're not on the internet.

StormC

Smash Hero
In other news.

They're definitely gimmick Pokemon. I like them from a flavor standpoint though.

The cry of the third one, timestamped here at 14:50 (spoilers obviously), is kind of horrifying lol. It literally sounds like it's crying out in pain.

Also

Jesus christ

The infinite use TMs are just ass this gen while all the good moves are in the one-time use TMs.

That... really sucks ****.
Yeah, it's really disappointing, one of my biggest complaints for sure.

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
In other news.

I can see Dracozolt being good, its hidden ability is Sand Rush which as we've seen with a certain mole can be very potent. So depending on how the metagame evolves, and if it gets that ability released, that could give it a potential place on Sand teams.

Not sure on the rest though, Arctozolt with STAB BoltBeam could have potential, but Slush Rush is nowhere near as good as Sand Rush since Hail is bleh.

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
I can see Dracozolt being good, its hidden ability is Sand Rush which as we've seen with a certain mole can be very potent. So depending on how the metagame evolves, and if it gets that ability released, that could give it a potential place on Sand teams.

Not sure on the rest though, Arctozolt with STAB BoltBeam could have potential, but Slush Rush is nowhere near as good as Sand Rush since Hail is bleh.
I guess beggars can't be choosers when you cut literally one of the coolest Pokemon in existence for a Sand team. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Haven't seen any Batman movies besides the two Tim Burton films. But I really like them both.

Also hi. Just dropping in real quick to check in and make a comment or two. Don't expect to see me here very often for a while.

D

Deleted member

Those Korean bots are really becoming a hassle, I hope the site staff is looking into the problem
Because honestly the devs need a bit more of the programming team's assistance, and I'm just a freshie in programming. Don't expect me to do stuff at their level just yet; wait around 5 years.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Those Korean bots are really becoming a hassle, I hope the site staff is looking into the problem
All they can really do is delete them and wait for the next daily bot outbreak.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom