• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alicorn

Cyber Bunny
I wouldn't mind more cute femboys in anime, the genre is too oversaturated with moe and lolis. I don't mind but I kinda want an anime where the guy goes for the femboy. Would be really sweet.

StormC

Smash Hero
must resist temptation to buy sword and shield, I know I will just be disappointed if I do

Shroob

Sup?
Oh that's a rule? Pretty certain others have brought it up before but okay.
I mean it's probably not an official rule but considering the average age of users here during the day is on the lower end, probably don't wanna spell out something like that that they'll end up googling.

MainJPW

M.T.A
I know people always say Goku in Smash, but tbh, I feel like Krillin in Smash would work better.

And no, it's not because he's my favorite character
So people were talking about Goku (again) and this was hanging around in my quotes.

Hmm...

Can't see why. They have virtually the exact same abilities.

Teen Goku would probably work better stylistically and because Power Pole is cool.

Yes, "Teen" Goku. That's what he's called now.

Last edited:

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
XD Early Thanksgiving.png

xD I doodled this early because I couldn't get it out of my head. As a Mexican, I don't usually celebrate Thanksgiving, but I have done it a couple of times, and its a great tradition. I think Rids and K.Rool would use it as an excuse to steal the turkeys. :p

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
I'm not gonna try to be critical about it anymore but

Sure, they'll patch it.

Except it'll be another game.

And it'll be 60 bucks.
Honestly I really doubt Stabby Sword / Blocky Shield will have full dexes either, GF seemed pretty adamant on their stance.

Maybe when Gen 9 roles around in a few years from now, but that's still a big maybe.

Shroob

Sup?
Honestly I really doubt Stabby Sword / Blocky Shield will have full dexes either, GF seemed pretty adamant on their stance.

Maybe when Gen 9 roles around in a few years from now, but that's still a big maybe.
I was mostly being jokey in my response anyhow. It's just a joke I toss around with my irl friends how Gamefreak's idea of "Patching a game" is making a new game entirely.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
I've tried Fire Emblem with three different games and none of it has stuck.

"How can you critique the game if you haven't bought it?"
"You bought the game so you're a hypocrite."

Can't win smh
Fair enough.

Speaking of SwoShi I think I found the VGC meta already lmao. Had a lengthy discussion about it with friends and it led to "Qwilfish may be able to tank a hit, Qwilfish is relevant again baybeeeeeeee" before learning about Psychic Fangs and Drill Run

D

Deleted member

Honestly if I do get Sword/Shield it would likely be because I want to go through every generation of Pokemon because why not but if I decide not to then I'll probably just stick to watching VODs of Nairo's playthrough.

I don't know what I'll do though cause I really like Rillaboom and how he constantly wins. It's insane how much that gorilla wins it seems like it's physically impossible for them to lose. Rillaboom wins. Always!

StormC

Smash Hero
Fair enough.
My friend has said that if I love Persona I would enjoy Three Houses and everyone seems to lavish it with praise. I'm sure it's a great game, if Nintendo actually did sales I would probably be more willing to give it a go. I have a hard time with SRPGs I think because I want to play a game where I feel like I am traveling in locations and areas, walking around and exploring, not just moving characters on a grid.

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
I'm not gonna try to be critical about it anymore but

Sure, they'll patch it.

Except it'll be another game.

And it'll be 60 bucks.
Call it a hunch, but I think we'll get an XY situation. The 25th anniversary is in two years and they probably want to put more focus on that set of games, and from what I understand...

They leave very few loose ends in the game since things like the 'third legendary' already have a major role in the game. Additionally they have a couple features usually reserved for Third Versions as the Technical Records serve as the games Move Tutor as there's a second expansive set of moves to pick from, so they've broken few traditions there as well.

As a result, I can see this being our only adventure in Galar and they instead opt for DP remakes or a gap year while they work on their next Anniversary game.

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
Made up my own Fighter Packs here:
Light Blue = 1st Party
Light Green = 3rd Party

Free DLC
Titan Dweevil (Pikmin)

Fighter 1
Bandanna Dee (Kirby)

Fighter 2
Poochy (Yoshi)

Fighter 3
Shake King (Wario)

Fighter 4
Zacian (Pokemon)

Fighter 5
CD-I Ganon (Legend of Zelda)
--------------

Free DLC
Goose (Untitled Goose Game)

Fighter 1
Octane (Rocket League)

Fighter 2
Heavy (Team Fortress)

Fighter 3
Crash (Crash Bandicoot)

Fighter 4
Sackboy (Little Big Planet)

Fighter 5
Rajang (Monster Hunter)

Would you buy these or not, and why?

Last edited:

Alicorn

Cyber Bunny
A lot of Pokemon fans felt like they got stabbed in the back but it was bound to happen eventually. Pokemon is just a lot of work to make

StormC

Smash Hero
A lot of Pokemon fans felt like they got stabbed in the back but it was bound to happen eventually. Pokemon is just a lot of work to make
It doesn't help when the games are constrained under tight development schedules with a small staff. The problem is there isn't much tradeoff for the National Dex cut. SWSH has about as much content as the 3DS titles, if not less, but now 60% of the Pokemon are gone.

Last edited:

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Slightly related story but when I was a kid I had a neighbor who had Pokemon Ruby and wanted me to get Pokemon Sapphire so we could trade for exclusives. Eventually I convinced them to get me that game for Christmas one year, and since my younger sister was jealous of me having Fire Red all to myself they decided it'd be fair to get her a game as well.

That game? Well it was this little tittle I haven't heard of yet called Pokemon Emerald.

Yeah I was a little salty when I found out that there was a superior version with animated sprites and a Battle Frontier that my little sister got to play but I didn't.

Moral of the story: 3rd versions are confusing to parents and new fans. Actually now that I think of it that might be why they named Ultra S/M the way they did, so its clear they were the "better versions" in the title.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom