• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

nessdeltarune00

Banned via Warnings
Is there a reason why we don’t spoiler tag Smash leaks here?

If literally every single info about Pokemon gets spoiler tagged, there is no reason why it shouldn’t be the same for people with insanely good track records (Vergeben, VR Plant, ect.).

DerpingPikachu

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5074-6946-5113

If literally every single info about Pokemon gets spoiler tagged, there is no reason why it shouldn’t be the same for people with insanely good track records (Vergeben, VR Plant, ect.).
I've wondered that too but I always see the spoilers before I have a chance to say anything.

D

Deleted member

I have never smoked anything or drunk any alcoholic stuff because my medical condition denies me from doing so.

Some of you may find me annoying recently? Pray that I never get drunk and start posting here.

Captain Shwampy

Smash Master

Why be on a smash bros fan site if your trying to avoid smash spoilers in the first place

Shroob

Sup?

I think it's more so because the Pokemon leaks were actually legit.

Verg has a great track record, but he could always **** up.

That and, it's mainly because this site has really never spoilered Smash leak talk.

Last edited:

nessdeltarune00

Banned via Warnings
Why be on a smash bros fan site if your trying to avoid smash spoilers in the first place
I plan on completely ditching the site close to the VGAs

I just thought it was a bit strange that stuff doesn’t get spoiler tagged like literally every other piece of media here.

Shroob

Sup?
I have never smoked anything or drunk any alcoholic stuff because my medical condition denies me from doing so.

Some of you may find me annoying recently? Pray that I never get drunk and start posting here.
People find you annoying? You're fine.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I think it's more so because the Pokemon leaks were actually legit.

Verg has a great track record, but he could always **** up.

That and, it's mainly because this site has really never spoilered Smash leak talk.
Teak Fakémon till i ****ing die. At this point it's more just blind hope than anything else.

I just can't accept the fact that they ruined Grookey. I don't think I'll ever get over it.

Shroob

Sup?
the worst part is the paper tubes they come in

if it touches your saliva drenched tongue, it closes up, making the candy unreachable

and it's painfully hard to avoid that
God yes

The tubes are akin to ****ing toilet paper. Can't even begin to Express how many times I've had a mouth full of paper pulp due to that.

Disgusting.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
pixie sticks are just the beginner's guide to cocaine

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Ruined?

Don't tell me you hate it for what I think it is, because we had this whole controversy over how that's just irrational to hate that. :096:
If I you're thinking what I'm thinking of, the answer is yes, but I don't want to go into it because I don't want to here people tell me why my opinions are wrong for another hour. If you're thinking of something else.... well then obviously I don't know what you are talking about.

AEMehr

Mii Fighter
The issue isn't that they're reused, it's that Masuda said that the reason cuts were happening was because they were having to rebuild everything from the ground up.
I haven't heard of him doing that, but it seems he did. Which is pretty stupid to lie about because it's pretty obvious they were the same character models just visually.

If you bought a "new" car only to find out it had 10k miles on it, then yeah you would feel pretty lied to.
Because a reused character model is comparable to the longevity of a vehicle's lifespan. You're making this comparison to make the situation appear worse than it really is. The game still looks fine, the models still look good. This isn't like Battle Revolution which still used Stadium 1/2 models for many Generation 1/2 Pokemon.

Masuda broke consumer trust. "Developers lie all the time, why does this matter?" Is not a hill I'm dying on. If you're going to lie, at least lie about something that can't be proven by the fanbase.
All I think is that it's very petty for people to be outraged and surprised about developer tactics that are commonplace in the industry. And all because of the initial reaction to them not bringing back every Pokémon, I doubt there would be nearly as much backlash for every possible thing in the game if not for that detail.

D

Deleted member

Teak Fakémon till i ****ing die. At this point it's more just blind hope than anything else.

I just can't accept the fact that they ruined Grookey. I don't think I'll ever get over it.
How did they ruin Grookey, exactly? His Final Evo looks fine to me(although I will admit his mid looks like actual garbage)

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
If I you're thinking what I'm thinking of, the answer is yes, but I don't want to go into it because I don't want to here people tell me why my opinions are wrong for another hour. If you're thinking of something else.... well then obviously I don't know what you are talking about.
Something something muscles equal sin and if you have them you're an evil person for wanting to not have body fat. :073: We understand your gist.

How did they ruin Grookey, exactly? His Final Evo looks fine to me(although I will admit his mid looks like actual garbage)
It's a long story.

Celeryyyy

Smash Rookie
Switch FC
SW-4672-3908-4883
does anyone wanna add me as friends on switch? we can play smash or anything else. SW-4672-3908-4883.

D

Deleted member

Something something muscles equal sin and if you have them you're an evil person for wanting to not have body fat. :073: We understand your gist.

It's a long story.
Give me the short version, then.

Shroob

Sup?
I haven't heard of him doing that, but it seems he did. Which is pretty stupid to lie about because it's pretty obvious they were the same character models just visually.

Because a reused character model is comparable to the longevity of a vehicle's lifespan. You're making this comparison to make the situation appear worse than it really is. The game still looks fine, the models still look good. This isn't like Battle Revolution which still used Stadium 1/2 models for many Generation 1/2 Pokemon.

All I think is that it's very petty for people to be outraged and surprised about developer tactics that are commonplace in the industry. And all because of the initial reaction to them not bringing back every Pokémon, I doubt there would be nearly as much backlash for every possible thing in the game if not for that detail.
No one cares the models are reused.

But he lied about it. On top of everything else, I'm sorry but no. You don't say stuff like that that's easily disproved. If he wanted to lie about something going wrong in development, which hey, we don't know if it did or not, be my guest, but lying about something that be soo easily disproven is just setting yourself up on a ticking timebomb. :239:

Now please, we're having a good day without this drama. We're talking about candy and dastard swords.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Except for the fact that it looses all the charm the original design has and looks like a completely different mon from a completely different line.
**** we gotta hide oshawott before she finds out about him

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
See above.

And I will admit is part of it was me getting attched to one specific route I wanted to see them go down for it's design that they didn't go with. I admit, that one's on me.
If anyone should be disappointed with how any evolution line ended up being, it's Sobble.

Not mad at it, not sad at it, not happy for it. Just disappointed at what could've been a lot more than how generic and boring it looks. Scorbunny too.

D

Deleted member

Except for the fact that it looses all the charm the original design has and looks like a completely different mon from a completely different line.
That's super opinionated, honestly. I think he's fine. What kinda final evo were you thinking of, anyway?
thank god for that, do not want "Nintendo BAD" 2.0 over here

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
**** we gotta hide oshawott before she finds out about him
I know about Oshawott. Don't like that line either.

TBH, I'm not a big fan of a lot of starter final designs, but at least in the OG days they still kept an obvious through line between the designs. But now that's just gone. Now it's just "Is it the same or a similar type of animal? Does is have a similar color scheme? Does it have the vaguest connection to form 1? If yes, then it can be a starter evolution" Never mind if it doesn't make sense and has so little to do with the original form that it's laughable.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Elaborate.
If anyone should be disappointed with how any evolution line ended up being, it's Sobble.

Not mad at it, not sad at it, not happy for it. Just disappointed at what could've been a lot more than how generic and boring it looks. Scorbunny too.
Sobble is.... fine. Scorbunny is..... fine. They have the same problem I have with ****ing monster monkey over here but to a lesser degree.

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
NonSpecificGuy NonSpecificGuy let the people say ******* you dastard.
To unlock the ability to say *******. You have to face off against one of the Administrators in Mortal Kombat. You're challenge for today is Warchamp7 Warchamp7 . May god have mercy on your soul.

Or you can back off like a ****ing coward.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
They have the same problem I have with ****ing monster monkey over here but to a lesser degree.
if i wanted to choose a pokemon i'd choose grass harambe because he looks like he'd go banana slamma on my foes

scorbunny and sobble look like they're going to a furcon.

D

Deleted member

Elaborate.

Sobble is.... fine. Scorbunny is..... fine. They have the same problem I have with ****ing monster monkey over here but to a lesser degree.
Okay, I'm genuinely curious now:
What kinda design would satisfy you? I will admit all of the mids look super bad this gen, but I'm fine with the finals:

Grookey3 keeps the general themeing of "oh it's a monkey with a stick it uses as a hammer" and that's fine with me
Sobble 3... literally no clue what they were going for here. Thumbs down from me.
Scorbunny3.. My favorite, mainly because it's anthro(and I love me some anthro designs ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) which does fit the general regional theming of sports.

D

Deleted member

To unlock the ability to say *******. You have to face off against one of the Administrators in Mortal Kombat. You're challenge for today is Warchamp7 Warchamp7 . May god have mercy on your soul.

Or you can back off like a ****ing coward.
I’ll accept the Mortal Kombat challenge.

I fear no rival, and I will do it for all my friends on the site.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom