• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I'm surprised it's even on there to begin with when everyone knows how much you despise turn based rpgs, tbh. :dr^_^:
A few months ago the people here convinced me that is was worth looking in to. I've always loved the world of pokemon and the creature designs, but I never touched the gameplay. And a few comments from people here, assuring me it was super easy, convinced me that is was worth looking in to.

And hey, if I don't like It, I can always sell it.

Side note, what's with the Drifloon emoji? I see it all the time with no consistency that I can discern and I want to know what it means.

Shroob

Sup?
A few months ago the people here convinced me that is was worth looking in to. I've always loved the world of pokemon and the creature designs, but I never touched the gameplay. And a few comments from people here, assuring me it was super easy, convinced me that is was worth looking in to.

And hey, if I don't like It, I can always sell it.

Side note, what's with the Drifloon emoji? I see it all the time with no consistency that I can discern and I want to know what it means.
The way I use them.

:dr^_^: "Huh?/Really now?"

:drsad: "Depressed/sad"

:drflip: "RAGE"

:drshrug: "I 'unno"

:drohyou: "wtf mang"

Last edited:

Captain Shwampy

Smash Master
if it's the re-used model/assets thing that ya'll are talking about in regards to Masuda...

wooooooooooooo I would absolutely hate for ya'll to see some other video games on the market, especially stuff like MMOs. and even repurposing that **** takes a lot of work and development time. Just ask any game dev worth their salt. You think you can just...plop **** over into another engine or piece of hardware like a simple copy-paste? It's never that easy.

Like I'll take any other complaint about this game, but c'mon. This? This is borderline asinine and is completely removed from the reality of how real crunch is in the industry.

Smooth Criminal
I think the issue is that Ohmori straight up said that the models were entirely new and made from ground up but they arent

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
eh, I suppose I'll eat crow for saying all that nonsense then (though future proofing your **** is probably a little more involved)

still, I think it's a mountain out of a molehill kind of thing (greater lies and omissions have been made in the industry, after all), but if that's the hill you wanna die on, you have every right to. principles are good

Smooth Criminal

Shroob

Sup?
I mean, the models in LGPE are the same damn models as they were in SuMo too, but no one cared because "The next gen game will be the one for the mainline fans."

And then all this happened.

We already know for a fact that they can and did re-use SuMo models for a Switch game, it's just no one gave a damn about LGPE in that regard since everyone was waiting on Gen 8. With the fact that the Models are pretty much the exact same in Gen 8 on top of this? Yeah, they're just re-used.

Which is completely fine.

But don't ****ing LIE about it.

Who do you think you are, Randy Pitchford?

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I mean, the models in LGPE are the same damn models as they were in SuMo too, but no one cared because "The next gen game will be the one for the mainline fans."

And then all this happened.

We already know for a fact that they can and did re-use SuMo models for a Switch game, it's just no one gave a damn about LGPE in that regard since everyone was waiting on Gen 8. With the fact that the Models are pretty much the exact same in Gen 8 on top of this? Yeah, they're just re-used.

Which is completely fine.

But don't ****ing LIE about it.

Who do you think you are, Randy Pitchford?
I don’t blame GameFreak for it. I blame the Pokémon Company. If they lied it’s because the Pokémon company and/or Masuda told them too.

Why did they cut the National Dex then if they’re reusing the models? My guess is because of a combination GameFreak’s shoddy programming skills and a hard deadline with a split skeleton dev team working on multiple titles on unfamiliar hardware. If the Pokémon Company had simply allowed the game to be delayed, or expanded GameFreak’s staff size, then maybe they could have done it. But either way, the factor to blame it The Pokémon Companies greed.

Someone call the Phantom Theives because I think I know the next target for a change of heart.

Shroob

Sup?
I don’t blame GameFreak for it. I blame the Pokémon Company. If they lied it’s because the Pokémon company and/or Masuda told them too.

Why did they cut the National Dex then if they’re reusing the models? My guess is because of a combination GameFreak’s shoddy programming skills and a hard deadline with a split skeleton dev team working on multiple titles on unfamiliar hardware. If the Pokémon Company had simply allowed the game to be delayed, or expanded GameFreak’s staff size, then maybe they could have done it. But either way, the factor to blame it The Pokémon Companies greed.

Someone call the Phantom Theives because I think I know the next target for a change of heart.
Like I've said, at this point I don't give a damn about the Nat Dex.

But developers outright lying to their fanbases is disgusting.

Doubly so because up until the leaks, the Japanese had NO IDEA THIS **** WAS HAPPENING.

They didn't know about Dexit or anything because this info was only ever brought up once, in a single Famitsu article, for 1 whole sentence.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
Well, got to the resort in Undertale. Calling it a night again, but hoping if I continue tomorrow I can get to the end of at least neutral ending.

I’ve spared everything, haven’t killed anything so far, haven’t gained any experience...Probably won’t do the true ending for awhile, but I am enjoying it.

Then I will enjoy Pokémon Friday night!

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Like I've said, at this point I don't give a damn about the Nat Dex.

But developers outright lying to their fanbases is disgusting.

Doubly so because up until the leaks, the Japanese had NO IDEA THIS **** WAS HAPPENING.

They didn't know about Dexit or anything because this info was only ever brought up once, in a single Famitsu article, for 1 whole sentence.
Is there a difference in your eyes between GameFreak lying of their own volition or lying because of a corporate mandate from TPC. Because it does to me.

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
Is there a difference in your eyes between GameFreak lying of their own volition or lying because of a corporate mandate from TPC. Because it does to me.
I mean, we'll never know for certain.

This whole situation just makes me 100% disheartened.

Animal Crossing? Needs to be delayed to make sure it's the best experience possible.

Metroid Prime 4? Weren't happy with the game, so they started over.

Smash Ultimate? Keep adding new modes via patches, new balance adjustments, and most importantly, new characters, stages and music, and if all lines up perfectly, we'll have 10 more characters after FP5.

Pokemon? Need a game yearly, push it out before the Black Friday rush.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed

Animal Crossing? Needs to be delayed to make sure it's the best experience possible.

Smash Ultimate? Keep adding new modes via patches, new balance adjustments, and most importantly, new characters, stages and music, and if all lines up perfectly, we'll have 10 more characters after FP5.

Again. Everything your saying is The Pokémon companies fault. Not GameFreak’s. Not Nintendo’s. It’s The Pokémon Company that’s the problem and deserves the hate.

But also, yeah. Them ignoring what was going on outside of Japan is bull****. They sell to a global audience. Just focusing on Japan is just a bad business descision. Like, I hate to sound judgmental, but Japan is a very self centered country. But as an american that’s kind of the pot calling the kettle black.

D

Deleted member

Fire Emblem also got delayed iirc.

Shroob

Sup?
Again. Everything your saying is The Pokémon companies fault. Not GameFreak’s. Not Nintendo’s. It’s The Pokémon Company that’s the problem and deserves the hate.

But also, yeah. Them ignoring what was going on outside of Japan is bull****. They sell to a global audience. Just focusing on Japan is just a bad business descision. Like, I hate to sound judgmental, but Japan is a very self centered country. But as an american that’s kind of the pot calling the kettle black.
....?

I'm not 100% sure what you mean in your second part.

They ignored Japan this time. The Japanese game didn't tell its Japanese consumers about the Dex Cut or anything aside from a single line in a single magazine.

Like, up until 2 weeks ago, the Japanese had 0 idea about Dexit.

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722

Hell, even Crafted World got delayed. That was supposed to come out 2018 :yoshi:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
....?

I'm not 100% sure what you mean in your second part.

They ignored Japan this time. The Japanese game didn't tell its Japanese consumers about the Dex Cut or anything aside from a single line in a single magazine.

Like, up until 2 weeks ago, the Japanese had 0 idea about Dexit.
I misunderstood your point. I thought you meant TPC didn’t know about the controversial response to dex it because it was happening in the states and not japan.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Honestly I don’t know why they made a big fuss about the models. The no outlines ones you could hack into sun and moon were pretty nice lookin. They should have used those and touched them up. Would be a pretty design choice.

lying about it and not doing a damn thing to them is just plain stupid and scummy though

Shroob

Sup?
I misunderstood your point. I thought you meant TPC didn’t know about the controversial response to dex it because it was happening in the states and not japan.
Nope.

2ch(Or whatever it's called) and Japanese fan sites ****ing imploded in activity after they realized what was happening.

Lots and lots of anger at Masuda and "James".

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Hell, even Crafted World got delayed. That was supposed to come out 2018 :yoshi:
At this point, something needs to drop out of this 3 way relationship with Pokémon. Either Nintendo leaves so Pokémon’s reputation doesn’t effect them anymore, GameFreak leaves and they get a different (larger and more skilled) team to develop it (come on Square Enix Pokémon), or The Pokémon Company is somehow dissolved for whatever reason.

Shroob

Sup?
At this point, something needs to drop out of this 3 way relationship with Pokémon. Either Nintendo leaves so Pokémon’s reputation doesn’t effect them anymore, GameFreak leaves and they get a different (larger and more skilled) team to develop it (come on Square Enix Pokémon), or The Pokémon Company is somehow dissolved for whatever reason.
Honestly, without Pokemon, Gamefreak is nothing.

They've made some IPs on their own, but they don't stand on their own two feet. Harmoknight was 'neat' but.... Well we saw how Town ended up.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Accurate impersonation of The Pokémon Company:

“YOU’RE GONNA WORK ON THESE GAMES EVERY YEAR THE WAY WE TELL YOU TO, AND YOU AIN’T GETTING ANYMORE TIME TO WORK ON THEM LIKE WE USED TO LET YOU! WE DON’T CARE IF THEY’RE UNPOLISHED AND SEEM A BIT RUSHED! NO MORE SPINOFFS BETWEEN THE MAIN GAMES; NO MORE MYSTERY DUNGEONS OR RANGERS, NO MORE POKÉ PARKS OR STADIUMS, JUST MOBILE CASH MACHINES! WE’RE SPEEDING THIS MONEY TRAIN UP, BABY! AND REMEMBER, THE GAMES HAFTA BE OUT BY BLACK FRIDAY!!!”

Nope.

2ch(Or whatever it's called) and Japanese fan sites ****ing imploded in activity after they realized what was happening.

Lots and lots of anger at Masuda and "James".
They need to stop blaming James, his designs are nice (imo) and he had no part in the Dex cuts. He even made a few past ‘mon designs (or at least the Golurk line).

D

Deleted member

I made a post on this on Reddit. Game Freak basically has resources that Nintendo could not easily afford with their own work, but that's all hearsay. If Pokemon does tank, and forces Game Freak to leave for good, I wonder who will be there to pick it up.

Shroob

Sup?
Accurate impersonation of The Pokémon Company:

“YOU’RE GONNA WORK ON THESE GAMES EVERY YEAR THE WAY WE TELL YOU TO, AND YOU AIN’T GETTING ANYMORE TIME TO WORK ON THEM LIKE WE USED TO LET YOU! WE DON’T CARE IF THEY’RE UNPOLISHED AND SEEM A BIT RUSHED! NO MORE SPINOFFS BETWEEN THE MAIN GAMES; NO MORE MYSTERY DUNGEONS OR RANGERS, NO MORE POKÉ PARKS OR STADIUMS, JUST MOBILE CASH MACHINES! WE’RE SPEEDING THIS MONEY TRAIN UP, BABY! AND REMEMBER, THE GAMES HAFTA BE OUT BY BLACK FRIDAY!!!”

They need to stop blaming James, his designs are nice (imo) and he had no part in the Dex cuts. He even made a few past ‘mon designs (or at least the Golurk line).
I mean, aside from people not liking the new designs(I like them myself).

They consider it "Gaijin bias"

Doesn't help that Gen 5 arguably has the most returning Pokemon as well.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Honestly, without Pokemon, Gamefreak is nothing.

They've made some IPs on their own, but they don't stand on their own two feet. Harmoknight was 'neat' but.... Well we saw how Town ended up.
I still think the best thing for them to do is allow GameFreak to design the new Pokémon each gen and then hand off the actual development to Square Enix. Or maybe have GameFreak be absorbed into Square (Just using Square as an example, any company would theoretically work). Cause GameFreak just aren’t good at programming. They’re very sloppy and lack efficiency in their coding. It’s sad, but it’s true.

D

Deleted member

Dose she look like someone for good boys and girls of many different ages now?
54D07209-6CA7-45E4-AD68-2417E12AEB4D.jpeg

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
I mean, aside from people not liking the new designs(I like them myself).

They consider it "Gaijin bias"

Doesn't help that Gen 5 arguably has the most returning Pokemon as well.
Sounds to me they just don’t like him because “filthy Westerner” and use him as a scapegoat, though I’m sure they’re a minority.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I made a post on this on Reddit. Game Freak basically has resources that Nintendo could not easily afford with their own work, but that's all hearsay. If Pokemon does tank, and forces Game Freak to leave for good, I wonder who will be there to pick it up.
What kind of resources do they have that Nintendo can’t afford them? They only have like, 70 employees.

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
I still think the best thing for them to do is allow GameFreak to design the new Pokémon each gen and then hand off the actual development to Square Enix. Or maybe have GameFreak be absorbed into Square (Just using Square as an example, any company would theoretically work). Cause GameFreak just aren’t good at programming. They’re very sloppy and lack efficiency in their coding. It’s sad, but it’s true.
Oh god, please not Square. Their recent RPG's haven't really hit the mark besides DQ11. I mean FFVII Remake looks good but I dont want a Pokemon game like that.

Now Atlus? And especially P•Studio? They could make a dope ass Pokemon.

Shroob

Sup?
Sounds to me they just don’t like him because “filthy Westerner” and use him as a scapegoat, though I’m sure they’re a minority.
Eh, depends entirely how much you like Gen 8's design, and by extension Gen 5's designs.

If they didn't like Gen 5's designs, they most likely weren't going to like Gen 8's either.

But with Japan, it's hard to tell if they're the minority or not. It's not like Gaijin hate is exactly uncommon there.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
If Ultimate Alliance 3 is any indication, then they probably would allow it, yes they would. I think X-Men would be fine with Wolverine, Storm, Magneto, and Deadpool. MAYBE Psylocke, Cyclops, and Juggernaut to appease the Marvel 2 fans. Finally adding the Fantastic Four is a must, and I think they could work as a team-based character like the Ginyu Force in DragonBall FighterZ. As for Spider-Man, it feels like a streatch, but it would be nice to get a Marvel vs. Capcom version of the Sinister Six. Ideally Dr. Octopus, Green Goblin, Venom, Electro, Rhino, and Mysterio.

I also want to see villains from other Marvel franchises. The Mandarin, The Leader or Abomination, Red Skull or Baron Zemo, frickin Loki (I'm stunned that he wasn't in Infinite with all the MCU love. Loki is like, the MCU darling villain). The Avengers from the movies, as shilly as it sounds, provide a nice swath of Marvel characters to include. Guardians really don't need more than Rocket w/Groot. Maybe Star-Lord if there's room. Then there's other characters like Blade, Punisher, Daredevil, The Inhumans, The Eternals. SO MUCH POTENTIAL. But it's almost impossible to make one that covers all your bases and still leaves room for Capcom.

Maybe Capcom should pull an NRS and make a Marvel solo fighting game and a Capcom All-Stars fighting game and then maybe later return to MvC.
Only having like 4 X-Men is underselling the franchise. You mentioned MUA3, which also had Psylocke, Nightcrawler, Colossus and Cyclops as well the main 4. As for WHICH X-Men, that's totally up for debate. Most choices would appeal to "Marvel 2 fans" because MVC2 has like 70% of the cool X-Men characters. I would say Psylocke, Rouge and Gambit would make people the most happy. And Nightcrawler was never in a Capcom fighting game.

Spider-Man really could use more characters, heroes or villains, but they shouldn't just try to make the Sinister Six just because either. Electro and Rhino would be a bit redundant with Storm/Thor and Hulk around. But Green Goblin(a must), Venom(obviously, he's been done before, also a must) and Mysterio(really cool) would make fantastic choices. Cloak and Dagger are what I would suggest, as they'd be mechanically interesting. And Carnage is real popular and has a distinct fighting style with weapon making that Venom doesn't use often, let alone with his Capcom moveset. Maybe Miguel/Miles if they wanted Spider-Man to have a Ken to his Ryu.

Since Spider-Man is a solo hero, his series could have like 5 or 6 characters while team series like X-Men and Avengers could have 7-9.

I really don't see the moveset appeal of the Red Skull, as opposed to The Mandarin or Loki. Kingpin's a great villain too, but moveset wise, he might not be that interesting. Though I'd YEET every Avenger's villain into the trash to keep Ultron and Taskmaster.

But really, without getting too uppity about the exact amount of characters, just give me ones I give a **** about and not just MCU stuff + Adult Spider-Man and Venom.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Oh god, please not Square. Their recent RPG's haven't really hit the mark besides DQ11. I mean FFVII Remake looks good but I dont want a Pokemon game like that.

Now Atlus? And especially P•Studio? They could make a dope ass Pokemon.
Now I’m just imagining a Pokémon Persona game.

I don’t know about Atlus though. They’re a smaller studio and I just don’t know if they’ed have the resources to take Pokémon on without losing the ability to make their own games.

Shroob

Sup?
Now I’m just imagining a Pokémon Persona game.

I don’t know about Atlus though. They’re a smaller studio and I just don’t know if they’ed have the resources to take Pokémon on without losing the ability to make their own games.
Well, not like they're making SMTV anytime soon.

*Ba dum tss*

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Only having like 4 X-Men is underselling the franchise. You mentioned MUA3, which also had Psylocke, Nightcrawler, Colossus and Cyclops as well the main 4. As for WHICH X-Men, that's totally up for debate. Most choices would appeal to "Marvel 2 fans" because MVC2 has like 70% of the cool X-Men characters. I would say Psylocke, Rouge and Gambit would make people the most happy. And Nightcrawler was never in a Capcom fighting game.

Spider-Man really could use more characters, heroes or villains, but they shouldn't just try to make the Sinister Six just because either. Electro and Rhino would be a bit redundant with Storm/Thor and Hulk around. But Green Goblin(a must), Venom(obviously, he's been done before, also a must) and Mysterio(really cool) would make fantastic choices. Cloak and Dagger are what I would suggest, as they'd be mechanically interesting. And Carnage is real popular and has a distinct fighting style with weapon making that Venom doesn't use often, let alone with his Capcom moveset. Maybe Miguel/Miles if they wanted Spider-Man to have a Ken to his Ryu.

Since Spider-Man is a solo hero, his series could have like 5 or 6 characters while team series like X-Men and Avengers could have 7-9.

I really don't see the moveset appeal of the Red Skull, as opposed to The Mandarin or Loki. Kingpin's a great villain too, but moveset wise, he might not be that interesting. Though I'd YEET every Avenger's villain into the trash to keep Ultron and Taskmaster.

But really, without getting too uppity about the exact amount of characters, just give me ones I give a **** about and not just MCU stuff + Adult Spider-Man and Venom.
I’m wary about giving the roster too many x-men because I don’t want to bloat the roster with characters from one franchise over any other.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Anyway, that X-Box event should have 1 or 2 neat things in it right? Rare's supposed to have something new up their sleeves. And if we get any updates on their previously announced stuff like Ori 2, Cuphead DLC or even BattleToads, as mid as the last one looks.

Shroob

Sup?
>Tfw you know that Vergeben has to know who character 5 is if he's soo quick to toss out random characters from the race

download.jpg

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Eh, depends entirely how much you like Gen 8's design, and by extension Gen 5's designs.

If they didn't like Gen 5's designs, they most likely weren't going to like Gen 8's either.

But with Japan, it's hard to tell if they're the minority or not. It's not like Gaijin hate is exactly uncommon there.
Didn’t Sugimori or other Japanese artists make most of Gen 5’s designs? James Turner only made a few in each Gen since 5, and only 7 in Gen 5 itself.

And that sucks if there’s actually common racism (or whatever that is, but it sounds like it).

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
Didn’t Sugimori make most of Gen 5’s designs? James Turner only made a few in each Gen since 5, and only 7 in Gen 5 itself.

And that sucks if there’s actually common racism (or whatever that is, but it sounds like it).
I mean depending on where you are in the states, not like this country's any better know what I'm sayin' :drshrug:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom