• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
I mean depending on where you are in the states, not like this country's any better know what I'm sayin' :drshrug:
eh, that’s true.

I don’t hear about it where I live, but my town was apparently bad about it at some point before my time...but it still sucks and it’s stupid.

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed
Oh god, please not Square. Their recent RPG's haven't really hit the mark besides DQ11. I mean FFVII Remake looks good but I dont want a Pokemon game like that.

Now Atlus? And especially P•Studio? They could make a dope ass Pokemon.
It's mindblowing that the team behind Persona 5 is around 70 people.

Of course, they got some outside help, but it's still such a small number for such a big title.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Dose she look like someone for good boys and girls of many different ages now?
View attachment 246568
Her Chesticles probably weren't the problem. I mean, Blue Mary's got some Tig Ol' Bitties too. Mai was only excluded to keep the Japanese rating's version of E for Everyone. And they have some stuff with exposed lower bodies and potential upskirt shots changing a game's rating. And Mai's got on a small ass dress.

So Shantae should be fine. I think. Maybe. I don't know for sure.

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
Didn’t Sugimori or other Japanese artists make most of Gen 5’s designs? James Turner only made a few in each Gen since 5, and only 7 in Gen 5 itself.

And that sucks if there’s actually common racism (or whatever that is, but it sounds like it).
What else do you expect with a population with 98.5% homogeneity? :yoshi:

Shroob

Sup?
Her Chesticles probably weren't the problem. I mean, Blue Mary's got some Tig Ol' Bitties too. Mai was only excluded to keep the Japanese rating's version of E for Everyone. And they have some stuff with exposed lower bodies and potential upskirt shots changing a game's rating. And Mai's got on a small ass dress.

Palutena can pole dance.

No undies, no problemo.

Shroob

Sup?
Somewhat related, but what I find funny about the MPAA is that you can curse up a storm in PG-13 movies, but saying the F-Word more than once? R. Instantly.
This is always funny how things have gotten stricter over time.

Beetlejuice had the "NICE ****ING MODEL!" line and that movie passed as PG lol.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed

Also the fact that her neutral pose has her bending down and swinging em all over the place.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Yeah. Mai is out because of her exposed hips/thighs, not her cleavage. As Sakurai pointed out in an interview CERO complains about the underoos.
Palutena can pole dance.

No undies, no problemo.
If they deny my Negro Chun-Li for the same reason, I'll battle the nation of Japan. But since one of her Spirits uses the SF2 design, it should be fine.

She's got worse scoliosis than Scott the Woz and Scoliosis Jones combined.
All that and Andy "I'll NEVER be as cool or attractive as my Brother" Bogard STILL Sandbags her. Meanwhile Terry's *ahem* Drinking Buddies with Blue Mary.

Last edited:

MainJPW

M.T.A

Nah, she's fine. Her spirit is already in the game.

Sakurai goes into detail about it:
https://www.sourcegaming.info/2015/09/18/cero-and-palutenas-censorship/
Sakurai: One of the first things they say in overseas ratings reviews is “no guns”—that I can understand. But in Japan, they immediately ask “could you show us all the female characters upside-down?”

Interviewer: Well, that’s, uh… Are they checking for panty shots?

Sakurai: Precisely. Super Smash Bros. for Wii U almost didn’t make its scheduled release date because of ratings issues. We had to revise Palutena and Wonder Pink’s models over and over again.

Interviewer: All because you might be able to see up their skirts? Seriously?

Sakurai: We had Palutena wearing shorts and made the inside of Wonder Pink’s skirt too dark to see anything. Nevertheless, CERO told us the designs were “sexually provocative.” They were being ridiculous and frankly quite juvenile.

Interviewer: Some players take great sport in finding that sort of suggestive material even where it doesn’t exist—they see what they want to see. In that sense, it seems like an exercise in futility for ratings boards to determine what is and isn’t “sexual.”

Sakurai: Underwear is just a piece of fabric. If you’re more worried about something trivial like whether you can see some cloth than whether a game includes firearms, you clearly ought to get your priorities in order.
All the censorship in Smash 4 was revolved around the lower region:

Mai doesn't show more cleavage than spirits already in the game.

Her problem is literally her buns and thighs.

Shroob

Sup?

......must....resist....referencing.....bobsponge.............

Gahhhhhhhh

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030

I'm aware. But thanks for containing all the info in one place. I appreciate it.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493

And yet both Camilla and Mythra had their cleavage censored...

osby

Smash Obsessed
You know Pokemon arguments got bad when I honestly prefer the boob talk over it.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

You know Pokemon arguments got bad when I honestly prefer the boob talk over it.
All this boob talk be like:

"Mai got deconfirmed"
"Morrigan in a critical situation"
"Senran Kagura deconfirmed"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom