• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

>Bakugan asks for controversial opinions
>Lesley gives a controversial opinion
>Everyone dogpiles on Lesley instead of Bakugan

Never change, thread. And by that I mean dammit please change.
Bakugan literally didn't even ask. He made a ****post response. If anything, he wanted to move away from controversy. Meanwhile, Lesley keeps posting the same controversial opinion despite no one ever asking.

No, seriously, can we PLEASE move on from this, and talk about something else. this back and forth arguing is starting to drive me nuts.

edit: and that's a no. just great.
How you gonna just try to control what everyone else is talking about tho
be controversial ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Brawl is the best Smash Bros game.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

We've got that Xenoblade Chronicles Definitive Edition coming to Switch soon. I wouldn't be surprised if we saw KOS-MOS make it in as the final DLC character since she's the most recognizable from the series. Or maybe someone from Xenogears; who knows. It'd be nice, anyway.

Rangez

Dimensional Dile-Up
Y'know, I'm really just going to stay safe when it comes to future predictions for characters. We still don't know how many DLC fighters will be added next once the Fighter Pass is completed, my personal prediction for the last spot is my orange boi Crash and I'm sticking to it.

(And no, I don't want to any "credible insider talk" about him being "deconfirmed".)

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

She deserved to make her debut in a better MK game.
I deeply agree.

The worst part was that Pauline was the hardest character to unlock in Mario Kart Tour due to the rarity drop hell, and I didn’t manage to get her at all before the New York Tour ended... then they freaking took her out of the game.

I got many people jumping at me for saying this, but Mario Kart Tour was for me the worst game of the year. Games should be fun, but MKT just gave me more anger the longer I played it due to how broken it is on my iPad.

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
Well, here's another controversial opinion.

Mario Kart Tour is actually fun. Sure, you probably won't get many of the rare characters without spending real money, but at least the tours are still fun to play.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
How come mid November always brings on an absolute crapstorm/consumer backlash in the gaming community?

2017 it was Battlefront II

Literally this time last year it was Fallout 76

Now it is Pokemon Sword & Shield.
Companies are rushing to get games out on shelves by Black Friday, regardless of how much the quality suffers as a result?

I haven't been following Sword and Shield too closely, but it's a problem that's gone on for ages, though Black Friday could be replaced with the holiday season in general. Here's a relevant TV Tropes link.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Well, here's another controversial opinion.

Mario Kart Tour is actually fun. Sure, you probably won't get many of the rare characters without spending real money, but at least the tours are still fun to play.
I slightly agree with the point about tours.

Mostly because they don’t use the awful system of gatcha games about limiting the times you play a race and offering microtransactions to increase that time.

Doesn’t justify the ridiculous amount of game crashes, lag and glitches I found playing on my iPad 99% of the time.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
>Bakugan asks for controversial opinions
>Lesley gives a controversial opinion
>Everyone dogpiles on Lesley instead of Bakugan

Never change, thread. And by that I mean dammit please change.
I don't think anyone should be dogpiled. Granted, there are times where someone says something, and you'll feel the need to chime in yourself, and that case, you can't control what others will also do. But again, I don't care for bringing a point home unless I feel I have something new to say.

We've got that Xenoblade Chronicles Definitive Edition coming to Switch soon. I wouldn't be surprised if we saw KOS-MOS make it in as the final DLC character since she's the most recognizable from the series. Or maybe someone from Xenogears; who knows. It'd be nice, anyway.
If that's the case, wouldn't make more sense to add Fiora? Or even Elma or Rex? I would honestly be down for having Fiora and Elma.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
She deserved to make her debut in a better MK game.
I keep reading that as Mortal Kombat.

But for Mario Kart. I would agree that the next main game could probably get Diddy back, add Pauline, Dixie, K.Rool and E.Gadd and that'd make a TON of people happy. At least, I SEE people ask for E.Gadd, not sure how many people actually want the character for real for real. Y'know assuming they keep the usual Mario, Luigi, Peach, Daisy, Yoshi ect ect. But only Waluigi's been cut once.

EDIT: And bringing back the King known as Funky Kong.

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Controversial huh?

Smash Bros' roster is the worst due to its unequal gender ratio, unlike the better balanced Central Fiction and the "small but significant" Tekken 7.

You can dine on my blood tonight.

Wait, did someone say Goku? If he did, OFF WITH HIS HEAD
I agree with you that there should be more women in fighting games. But this is not how you get people to agree with you.

How about sharing ideas for female characters that you think should be in Smash instead?

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
I keep reading that as Mortal Kombat.

But for Mario Kart. I would agree that the next main game could probably get Diddy back, add Pauline, Dixie, K.Rool and E.Gadd and that'd make a TON of people happy. At least, I SEE people ask for E.Gadd, not sure how many people actually want the character for real for real. Y'know assuming they keep the usual Mario, Luigi, Peach, Daisy, Yoshi ect ect. But only Waluigi's been cut once.

EDIT: And bringing back the King known as Funky Kong.
Here’s what my ideal Mario Kart roster looks like so far:
Lightweight
Toad (w/Pit Crew Outfit)
Toadette
Koopa Troopa
Dry Bones
Shy Guy (w/Pastry Chef Outfit)
Baby Mario
Baby Luigi
Lakitu
Larry
Lemmy
Wendy
Kamek
Blooper
E. Gadd
Nabbit
Cappy

Middleweight
Mario (w/Fire, Ice, Doctor, Builder, Wedding, Musician, Hakama outfits)
Luigi
Peach (w/Kimono, Vacation outfits)
Daisy
Yoshi
Birdo
Diddy Kong
Bowser Jr.
Iggy
Ludwig
Pauline
Captain Toad
Hammer Bro
(w/Boomerang, Fire, and Ice colors)
Dixie Kong
Cranky Kong
Captain Syrup

Heavyweight
Donkey Kong
Wario
Waluigi
Bowser (w/Dry Bowser Costume)
Rosalina (w/Halloween Costume)
King Boo (w/Luigi’s Mansion Costume)
Petey Piranha
Funky Kong
Wiggler
Roy
Morton
King Bob-omb
Boom Boom
Pom Pom
Chargin’ Chuck
King K. Rool

Last edited:

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
#GameFreakLied is ironically trending on the same say as World Kindness Day.

Also, why do we need a special day for something we should already be doing every day anyway?

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed

Also, why do we need a special day for something we should already be doing every day anyway?
I’ve been on Twitter a bit today and it’s just so toxic. People underestimate how easy it would be to fake those screenshots (just click duplicate in a 3D program on the models from the 3DS games and select one so the wireframe changes colors. It’s like, 3 clicks). They’re so angry about the “lie” that they aren’t actually thinking through things rationally. It’s like so many issues these days. They just get so blinded by their emotions that facts don’t matter anymore. It’s just so.... I was gonna say sad, but in the past 4 years this phenomenon has increased and spread to the point it’s no longer sad, it’s scary.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I just don't get their logic.

Is it just Masuda being an idiot?

Surely, SURELY someone must have known that someone would datamine the game and compare the models.

You can't lie so openly like that and NOT expect to get caught, it's ridiculous.
It’s less being an idiot, more Masuda genuinely doesn’t know how new technology works and it shows. He’s very behind on the trends of game development

D

Deleted member

Anyways back to a previous non-controversial topic if we did get 11 more characters here's who I would choose:
-Professor Layton

Fighters Pass #2:
-Phoenix Wright
-Geno
-Heihachi
-Doom Marine
-Reimu

Fighters Pass #3:
-Crash Bandicoot
-Ryu Hayabusa
-Rex/Pyra
-Byleth
-Sol Badguy

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Those screenshots are so easy to fake though. 3 clicks.
What are you talking about?

Im talking about his actual statements and how sun and moon were programmed and other stuff.

For example Masuda thinks mobile games are why there should be no postgame in Pokémon basically.

he composes great music, but he really does not deserve the producer/director spot at this point

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
I’ve been on Twitter a bit today and it’s just so toxic. People underestimate how easy it would be to fake those screenshots (just click duplicate in a 3D program on the models from the 3DS games and select one so the wireframe changes colors. It’s like, 3 clicks). They’re so angry about the “lie” that they aren’t actually thinking through things rationally. It’s like so many issues these days. They just get so blinded by their emotions that facts don’t matter anymore. It’s just so.... I was gonna say sad, but in the past 4 years this phenomenon has increased and spread to the point it’s no longer sad, it’s scary.
Ok but didn't Vaanrose manage to point out that Gyarados' whiskers was animated EXACTLY the same which would have not been possible without importing the model like 3 months ago?

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208

The kindest thing to do would be to tell the truth to your consumers.

Pointing out that someone lied isn't unkind.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Those screenshots are so easy to fake though. 3 clicks.
While the screenshots could be faked, most things can be faked with enough time, so eh.

I'm betting they're real since the models are pretty much the same anyway, and they have the same animations. There's only some like Bulbasaur's where they lost some polygons, or Noibat's where they gained some.

They also were planning on having these models future-proofed, and you should be able to use the same model (and maybe animations) in any engine on any system unless the game's engine wasn't made to use the specific kind of model/model's data.

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Do we REALLY need to start this again? Honest question as Cosmic has consistently proven that he believes the only acceptable response to this is to buy the game and hope they change it next time
Gwen you should know that I take massive offense to the misuse of the word "irony." When something is called ironic that isn't ironic I am absolutely forced to point it out.

Wunderwaft

Smash Master
There are some days where I reminisce about my childhood and how I got into gaming. Today has been one of those days. I just remembered how much Half-Life affected my life and how it got me into PC gaming. If not for that game I probably wouldn't have met the people I met and my life experiences might have not been the same because of it. It saddens me to see that the Half-Life franchise is ignored by Valve and it's unlikely to ever return, but it's something that I have come to terms with. Half-Life is a series that I will treasure in my heart until the day I croak.

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
Here's who I would choose to fill those eleven slots:

• Rex and Pyra/Mythra
  • Shantae
  • Geno
  • Doom Slayer
  • Monster Hunter
  • Fiora
  • KOS-MOS
  • Lyn
  • Three Houses character
  • Dante
  • Goku :yeahboi:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
My 11 slots:

Phoenix Wright
Leon/Jill
Sora
Crash
Frogger
Geno
Any of the Three Houses lords
Wonder Red
Grooky’s Final Evolution.
Tails

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
What are you talking about?

Im talking about his actual statements and how sun and moon were programmed and other stuff.

For example Masuda thinks mobile games are why there should be no postgame in Pokémon basically.

he composes great music, but he really does not deserve the producer/director spot at this point
I was talking about those pictures of the “datamined” wireframe models from early SwSh copies compared to their SuMo counterparts. It would be so easy to fake that, easier then any photoshop or mod job. Literally 3 clicks in a 3D program.

But yeah, Masuda is kind of an idiot. He doesn’t know how anything works and he’s incredibly cynical about the industry at large. But a lot of the blame for SwSh needs to be placed firmly on The Pokémon Company. They’re the reason the deadline is so tight. They’re the reason GameFreak can’t expand their studio. If GameFreak life it’s because the Pokémon Company told them too.
Ok but didn't Vaanrose manage to point out that Gyarados' whiskers was animated EXACTLY the same which would have not been possible without importing the model like 3 months ago?
I still think comparing things like that before we have access to the files is silly. You can’t prove anything just by watching a video and convincing yourself the animations are the same.
While the screenshots could be faked, most things can be faked with enough time, so eh.

I'm betting they're real since the models are pretty much the same anyway, and they have the same animations. There's only some like Bulbasaur's where they lost some polygons, or Noibat's where they gained some.

They also were planning on having these models future-proofed, and you should be able to use the same model (and maybe animations) in any engine on any system unless the game's engine wasn't made to use the specific kind of model/model's data.
So, if the screenshots are so easy to fake that they’re nothing more than circumstantial, and people have already decided this months ago because of the trailers, then why is this stuff trending NOW? Why hasn’t #GameFreakLied been trending for the last few months? And why are we piling on an innocent dev team doing the best they can in very unfortunate circumstances under orders from a very greedy company on the words of one cynical idiot?

Shadowwolflink

Smash Master
Let's give this a try

FP5: Agumon
After pass
1. Doomguy
2. Geno
3. Shantae
4. Phoenix Wright
5. Edelgard Von Hresvelg
6. Rayman
7. Crash or Spyro
8. Tails or Eggman
9. Rex & Pyra
10. Ryu Hayabusa
In no particular order

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
I was talking about those pictures of the “datamined” wireframe models from early SwSh copies compared to their SuMo counterparts. It would be so easy to fake that, easier then any photoshop or mod job. Literally 3 clicks in a 3D program.

But yeah, Masuda is kind of an idiot. He doesn’t know how anything works and he’s incredibly cynical about the industry at large. But a lot of the blame for SwSh needs to be placed firmly on The Pokémon Company. They’re the reason the deadline is so tight. They’re the reason GameFreak can’t expand their studio. If GameFreak life it’s because the Pokémon Company told them too.

I still think comparing things like that before we have access to the files is silly. You can’t prove anything just by watching a video and convincing yourself the animations are the same.

So, if the screenshots are so easy to fake that they’re nothing more than circumstantial, and people have already decided this months ago because of the trailers, then why is this stuff trending NOW? Why hasn’t #GameFreakLied been trending for the last few months? And why are we piling on an innocent dev team doing the best they can in very unfortunate circumstances under orders from a very greedy company on the words of one cynical idiot?
I mean, Vaanrose gets paid to know stuff like art and animation, it's his job and the whiskers moving the exact same way is something that cannot be done with ease. Even then, you're assuming the datamines are fake when we know for a fact that the game broke streetdate, it's like assuming the Smash Ultimate songs that leaked prerelease due to the ROM must be faked

D

Deleted member

Ok, one more time:

1. Pauline
2. Adeleine
3. Mach Rider
4. Layton
5. Athena from Psycho Soldier
6. Dr.Eggman
7. Reimu
8. Ryu Hayabusa
9. Doomguy
10. Saber
11. Rayman

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
The kindest thing to do would be to tell the truth to your consumers.

Pointing out that someone lied isn't unkind.
No, and it'd be fine if that's what most people were doing, but the hashtag is being used to point out multiple unrelated flaws with SwSh, not just models and Masuda. And then we have self-righteous people who feel justified in saying that anyone who is okay with most of the flaws in SwSh and will still pick them up in two days is a hopeless apologist who likes less content and will defend Game Freak regardless of what decisions they make.

So yeah, people are not being very kind to people who are genuinely looking forward to SwSh.

Last edited:

Gyrom8

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-4844-4242-3130
11 characters? Alrighty, I'll try and balance it between characters I want and those who I think would be good fits, despite not actively supporting myself

- Layton (one of the few characters I really want to get in)
- Rayman (okay so he's a literal who in Japan, but I want him damnit, and I feel that Ubisoft should get more of a crossover than a few spirits)
- Master Hand (how about a character from Smash Bros itself? very unlikely to be part of a DLC pack as all of his content is already in the game, but I just love the idea of playing as a giant hand mkay)
- Skull Kid (screw third party purity, I want this lil fella in even if he'd kinda stick out from the rest of the pass)
- Paper Mario (again, more of a character I want but at the same time, it's a variation on Mario so it's not like people are gonna be going 'who's dis')

That's pretty much all the characters I actively support (and I don't think I'm being too self indulgent with Rayman and Layton as they do have considerable support behind them). The remaining six would just be characters I'd think (yeah, they're cool) even if I haven't played their games:

- Master Chief (of all the possible video game characters to break the internet by getting into Smash, he'd break it the most)
- Lara Croft (Ms. Video games herself; uber iconic)
- Phoenix Wright (I feel like if Layton gets in, his lawyer buddy needs to get in too)
- Gordon Freeman (I kinda like the thought of a PC icon getting in)
- Sub Zero (not that big on more fighting game characters but it would be funny, even if unlikely, if this guy got in. Or Scorpion or whatever)
- Crash (idk didn't grow up with this guy but he's an icon alright)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom