• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Not completely disconfirmed but we know for sure that neither one is fighter 5.

RE2 and DMCV are the big ones this year and I can foresee either winning. Response to KH3 was only just okay, and it's not really GotY material.
Also I doubt the winner will tie in with a Smash reveal.
I don't disagree with your analysis of KH3, but personally it felt really fun.
I mean, sure, the lack of FF characters did upset me a little bit, and the story was pretty much a background event(goddammit just show me that damn box!) but I felt the gameplay pretty much made up for it with super flashy and fast fighting.

so, tldr, 7/10 for me. Not absolute horse ****(looking back on it, Re:coded defintily didn't age that well lmao) but did have some big flaws

Shyy_Guy595

Smash Champion
Forgot DMCV came out. Yeah, that may win.

I'm just saying that Joker was revealed and P5 was a huge contender. I already acknowledged it was a conspiracy and therefore unlikely anyways. Dante, Jill/Leon, and Sora were huge contenders regardless and any of them make sense.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Not completely disconfirmed but we know for sure that neither one is fighter 5.

RE2 and DMCV are the big ones this year and I can foresee either winning. Response to KH3 was only just okay, and it's not really GotY material.
Also I doubt the winner will tie in with a Smash reveal.
On whose authority? Sabi’s? Has anyone backed her up on that?

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
come to think of it, there aren't that many huge contenders when it comes to The Game Awards GOTY this year

My initial prediction was Death Stranding, but that game ended up becoming super polarizing.

I honestly wouldn't be too surprised if Ultimate does indeed get nominated (and even possibly win) for overall GOTY. And it also seems like a given for best fighting game. iirc, it does indeed qualify for this year due to being released too late for last year.

And if that is the case, I would most certinally expect fighter 5 to be announced during the show. Also the fact that the show is exactly one year to the day when Ultimate launched

Last edited:

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Hold on one second.

Do you see that attack and speed?

Do you see that it has Close Combat?

Do you see that it has Swift Swim?

THIS THING IS A GLASS MONSTER OH LORD

Shyy_Guy595

Smash Champion
Hold on one second.

Do you see that attack and speed?

Do you see that it has Close Combat?

Do you see that it has Swift Swim?

THIS THING IS A GLASS MONSTER OH LORD
Lmao a fish really about to be out here sweeping.

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
People so desperate to make a connection with a game nominated for TGA when Joker got in without one.

D

Deleted member

On whose authority? Sabi’s? Has anyone backed her up on that?
Yes, and some users on the board who are more in the know have also said as much.
Again the leak isn't completely dead yet but I've learned from the Grinch and am tempering my expectations, and I suggest you do the same.

Last edited by a moderator:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
We don't know who FP5 could be but who do you guys think it is and why?

Hoping Doom Slayer predicting...I'm taking the risk Doom Slayer.

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
Lol its called having fun. I'm not taking it seriously.
You are, perhaps. Sadly some people genuinely believe a connection is required.

...probably the same people that said Doomguy made sense for this year's TGA before Sabi came in...

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
Cranky Kong in Tropical Freeze got revealed at the VGAs, I don't think Nintendo cares about patterns, if they're going to reveal someone at the VGAs despite not potentiallly catering to a Western audience, they're going to do it.

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
Back from a shopping trip. It was harrowing. Some d-bag cut off my parents and I yet the guy flicked us off anyway. The dude almost caused an accident.

I hope that guy gets his license revoked. Piss off, loser.

Lighteni

Smash Journeyman
I’m pretty certain RE2 will take GOTY unless there’s another game I’m forgettting from this year. DMC, KH, and Death Stranding don’t seem like the type of games that normally win these. They’ll take their respective categories and get nominated for GOTY, but they aren’t gonna win.

Not that it would have anything to do with Smash in the first place.

Last edited:

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
Cranky Kong in Tropical Freeze got revealed at the VGAs, I don't think Nintendo cares about patterns, if they're going to reveal someone at the VGAs despite not potentiallly catering to a Western audience, they're going to do it.
Can't wait for Cranky Kong to be revealed for Smash at the VGA this year.

Shyy_Guy595

Smash Champion
The fifth fighter could still leak. We have a month to go until current speculation's deadline for a reveal, and we may not even get one at the VGAs to begin with. We have around at least a month of no news left to potentially 2.

When December hits it'll be fun seeing everyone squirming with anticipation for anything. But if we don't get anything and we gey a suprise? That would be amazing.

Gonna be an interesting finale for this Pass

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
I mean, I have issues with Sabi as much as the next person. But I don't think it's entirely wise to ignore what leakers say even if we don't like them as people.

I've mentioned it before, but vocal leakers typically know things that others already know. Those who are seeking clout (See: Sabi) will often share information that others keep quiet. Based on that, it's my guess that Verge could also clarify that Crash and Tracer are not coming.

The credibility of the Mii leak is shot because somebody made a pretty solid looking copycat with footage of their own last night. That doesn't kill Geno/Doom Slayer, but Sabi also shot that down.

I personally think Dante would be a great pick, because he's Dante. Fun character from a successful Capcom franchise that, while not everybody has played, everybody would know.

Again, not every pick has to be surprising. You can't really go wrong with a mainstream, popular-series pick. It's not about sales, but Resident Evil is the biggest Japanese-created series, Tekken is the biggest fighting game left, Lloyd is basically the "Nintendo" Tales pick, Dante is a pretty recognizable pick to casual players, etc...

Assassin's Creed would be super cool ,but also fit the "unexpected" itch we're discussing. It especially fits the age of the immediate audience in the theater.

Not sure what to expect. But I get the feeling I'm going to love it.

BlueMonk

Smash Champion
Oh.... Kay.....

Isn’t she the one who’s been deconfirming characters all month? Does that mean it could still be ANY of the characters she shot down? Are Tracer, Crash, Reimu, and Ryu Hayabusa still in the running?
sabi's weird but she's legit

usually what she says end up being true, I don't think she's really gotten anything wrong

Shyy_Guy595

Smash Champion
I'm really not going to care whoever the last fighter is. Never played any of the proposed fighter's games so I have no real connection; they're all foreign to me.

Not that I mind. I haven't bought a single DLC Fighter yet anyways besides Sans with my Gold Coins.

zeldasmash

Smash Lord
If I may.....I wanna get some personal things off my chest.

Lately.....I just feel like I'm going nowhere and it's due to personal faults. Getting has job has been extremely difficult for three reasons:

-The motivation to find one is very low
-The process of finding one I find daunting and social anxiety doesn't help

The third one is the biggest one for me: I have absolutely no tolerance for failure or failing. The moment I think I'll fail in doing what I need to do, I'll just refuse to do so to avoid being disappointed. Yes...it is a terrible mentality, I acknowledge it, but it's something I still struggle with a lot. Especially since this extends to other things like maintaining friendships or trying to make something of my abysmal love life...

I've also lately felt like I'm just an annoyance to the people I care about. There are some people that I try to give my time to every once in a while and clearly don't care, so I've left those behind. But due to self-consciousness being a pain in the ***, I feel like even the ones close to me find me as nothing but background noise or even an annoyance, including someone I'm currently crushing on...Due to my intolerance for failing...I don't find myself being interesting to talk to...I just feel like a sob story...

I apologize for this post but....I just needed to get this out of my system...

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
And this is why Jr. was no longer allowed to watch live-streams...

Original link: -snip-
I wonder how many people knew who Mai was before the stream. I had seen her on the thread before when we were discussing an SNK rep, but I didn't know her name back then.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I know it won't happen just yet, but Sol Badguy or any Guilty Gear rep in Smash would be sick. Can see him becoming a sudden favorite like Terry if more people get to know him.
RIDE THE FIRE Blares in the distance....

Sol Badguy GG 2020.png

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
I wonder how many people knew who Mai was before the stream. I had seen her on the thread before when we were discussing an SNK rep, but I didn't know her name back then.
I have a few FF/KoF games under my belt so I was already familiar with her prior to the video, and I was certain that she wouldn't work in Smash for several reasons.

Shyy_Guy595

Smash Champion
If I may.....I wanna get some personal things off my chest.

Lately.....I just feel like I'm going nowhere and it's due to personal faults. Getting has job has been extremely difficult for three reasons:

-The motivation to find one is very low
-The process of finding one I find daunting and social anxiety doesn't help

The third one is the biggest one for me: I have absolutely no tolerance for failure or failing. The moment I think I'll fail in doing what I need to do, I'll just refuse to do so to avoid being disappointed. Yes...it is a terrible mentality, I acknowledge it, but it's something I still struggle with a lot. Especially since this extends to other things like maintaining friendships or trying to make something of my abysmal love life...

I've also lately felt like I'm just an annoyance to the people I care about. There are some people that I try to give my time to every once in a while and clearly don't care, so I've left those behind. But due to self-consciousness being a pain in the ***, I feel like even the ones close to me find me as nothing but background noise or even an annoyance, including someone I'm currently crushing on...Due to my intolerance for failing...I don't find myself being interesting to talk to...I just feel like a sob story...

I apologize for this post but....I just needed to get this out of my system...
If you're anything like me, I hope this venting helped even just a little bit and that you feel better -- hopefully sooner rather than later.

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
It is actually possible they reveal something unrelated to Smash there.

There would still be two whole months to reveal and release pack 5, after all.

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Yes, and some users on the board who are more in the know have also said as much.
Again the leak isn't completely dead yet but I've learned from the Grinch and am tempering my expectations, and I suggest you do the same.
sabi's weird but she's legit

usually what she says end up being true, I don't think she's really gotten anything wrong
Ah. I see. I'm back to my Digimon prediction and hoping that DoomSlayer and Geno come in the second wave. Along with my never ever but maybe possibly ideas and requests.

It could be a Tekken character, or a Resident Evil one, or Dante, or a Tales character, but I still feel like those aren't exactly "Game Awards teir".

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
I wanted to wait until the 5th fighter, but **** it, I'll rank the characters from my most to least favorite (as characters, not Smash fighters). Fighters with separate characters as alts won't be ignored, but they'll be ranked based on which one I like the most (for example, I might not like Bowser Jr. all that much, but Lemmy would boost him up):

:ultyoshi::ultluigi::ultshulk::ultwario::ultbayonetta::ulttoonlink::ultrichter::ultfalcon::ultbanjokazooie::ultgreninja::ultkrool::ultkingdedede::ultmegaman::ultrosalina::ultridley::ulthero::ultpiranha::ultcharizard::ultsamus::ultbowserjr::ultlittlemac::ultduckhunt::ultzss::ultzelda::ultincineroar::ultdiddy::ultsonic::ultlucas::ultrobin::ultlucario::ultpit::ultpalutena::ultsquirtle::ultsimon::ultness::ultchrom::ultbowser::ultike::ultisabelle::ultyounglink::ultroy::ultdk::ultdaisy::ultrob::ultinkling::ultganondorf::ultmarth::ultdarksamus::ultcorrin::ultpichu::ultlucina::ultsnake::ultdarkpit::ultmario::ultdoc::ultryu::ultken::ultmetaknight::ultpeach::ultkirby::ultvillager::ultivysaur::ultwiifittrainer::ultlink::ultfalco::ultpacman::ultolimar::ultfox::ultjoker::ultpikachu::ultwolf::ultgnw::ulticeclimbers::ultjigglypuff::ult_terry::ultsheik::ultmewtwo::ultcloud::ultbrawler::ultgunner::ultswordfighter:

BlueMonk

Smash Champion
I really think next up is bamco

in which case the front runners are probably solaire or lloyd

yuri could be up for discussion too but heihachi is probably extinct at this point

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
I wanted to wait until the 5th fighter, but **** it, I'll rank the characters from my most to least favorite (as characters, not Smash fighters). Fighters with separate characters as alts won't be ignored, but they'll be ranked based on which one I like the most (for example, I might not like Bowser Jr. all that much, but Lemmy would boost him up):

:ultyoshi::ultluigi::ultshulk::ultwario::ultbayonetta::ulttoonlink::ultrichter::ultfalcon::ultbanjokazooie::ultgreninja::ultkrool::ultkingdedede::ultmegaman::ultrosalina::ultridley::ulthero::ultpiranha::ultcharizard::ultsamus::ultbowserjr::ultlittlemac::ultduckhunt::ultzss::ultzelda::ultincineroar::ultdiddy::ultsonic::ultlucas::ultrobin::ultlucario::ultpit::ultpalutena::ultsquirtle::ultsimon::ultness::ultchrom::ultbowser::ultike::ultisabelle::ultyounglink::ultroy::ultdk::ultdaisy::ultrob::ultinkling::ultganondorf::ultmarth::ultdarksamus::ultcorrin::ultpichu::ultlucina::ultsnake::ultdarkpit::ultmario::ultdoc::ultryu::ultken::ultmetaknight::ultpeach::ultkirby::ultvillager::ultivysaur::ultwiifittrainer::ultlink::ultfalco::ultpacman::ultolimar::ultfox::ultjoker::ultpikachu::ultwolf::ultgnw::ulticeclimbers::ultjigglypuff::ult_terry::ultsheik::ultmewtwo::ultcloud::ultbrawler::ultgunner::ultswordfighter:
(Sees Pac-Man pretty low...)
48294BAE-EE89-4701-B5F4-4E3BDF13A8E5.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom