• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shroob

Sup?
Right, but the theme can be pulled off in theory, look at Silvally - it's just they deliberately went for clashing looks and got results that reflect that.
I mean, I'm not arguing that.

I'm just more taken aback that these things are literally the epitome of

94a.jpg

KarneraMythos

Smash Champion
So uh, regarding a certain 4 newmons.

Is anyone gonna bring up how the 4 new Fossil Pokemon don't actually HAVE 'correct' forms?

I originally thought that the Fish was right, but someone who's deep into Paleontology told me that the 4 halves of each Mon are from completely different prehistoric animals.... and the Fish's head is on upside down.

Galarian Scientists literally out here playing god with dead animals by mixing together whatever they can get their hands on.
The idea is based on

British scientists haphazardly putting fossils together and incorrectly arranging different specimens into a non-sensical creature. I've seen complaints about the Frankenstein concept, but that's the point. Hell, some cryptids were accidentally created through this flub IRL. I find it interesting how these are the first ever Pokémon to:
-Get this close to being fusions
-Might reference the hilarious fusion generator the fandom is known for
-Be part of a line-up of four incomplete creatures we have no records of in-universe apart from being discovered half-way

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I feel like I'm the only one who doesn't like the pseudo - but hey, power to those that do.

Shroob

Sup?
The idea is based on

British scientists haphazardly putting fossils together and incorrectly arranging different specimens into a non-sensical creature. I've seen complaints about the Frankenstein concept, but that's the point. Hell, some cryptids were accidentally created through this flub IRL. I find it interesting how these are the first ever Pokémon to:
-Get this close to being fusions
-Might reference the hilarious fusion generator the fandom is known for
-Be part of a line-up of four incomplete creatures we have no records of in-universe apart from being discovered half-way
Man though

Gotta feel bad for the asses of Draco and Arcto

Just legs, never head

D

Deleted member

So has the 632 dex number been confirmed or is is still hearsay? Because I've heard conflicting reports on whether or not the dex is expanded post-game or not

D

Deleted member

So has the 632 dex number been confirmed or is is still hearsay? Because I've heard conflicting reports on whether or not the dex is expanded post-game or not
Not 100% confirmed yet, but judging from the leaks originating from the same source, most likely true.

Could be a Grinch 2.0 thou, but only time will tell.

KarneraMythos

Smash Champion
I feel like I'm the only one who doesn't like the pseudo - but hey, power to those that do.
The salamanderplane, right? I dig it. It's goofy yet cool. I honestly can't describe it in any other way.

Man though

Gotta feel bad for the asses of Draco and Arcto

Just legs, never head
Look at it this way...

The lower-halves don't have a mind of their own. They're basically loan parts. If anything, the real tragedy is that their head components are not around, so they never get to see the light of day. Literally.

Shyy_Guy595

Smash Champion
What do y'all supposed it's lore and typing is? Apparently all three legends have an incomplete form and then a completed form. We also know at leaat Zacian starts as Fairy, though it's likely that Zacian is as well. Guess it'd make sense in lore for the legend to be Dragon so that they can defeat it, and it kinda has a draconic build in it's one form, but this would then be the first third legendary that's irrefutably inferior to the box legends of it's gen unless it has another form up it's sleeve like Zygarde and Necrozma before it.

I theorized this somewhere else, but not that DNA splicing and mixing to get mutant 'mon exists, I always thought that you could fuse Zacian and Zamazenta into "The Ultimate/Legendary Warrior" with a perfect offense and defense and that the third legend would be able to grow in size like a giga form for it's end goal that's undeniably the largest 'mon to date even among legends.

But that's probably just wishful thinking.

D

Deleted member

I like the typing, we haven't had a non-Giratina ghost/dragon until now, but it is kinda derpy
Was honestly hoping for Grimmsnarl to be the pseudo since it's line also has a lot of the same hallmarks but gen 3 had Metagross and Salemence so maybe there's a chance

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

I don’t know how serious I tend to be, but I do try to be honest as much as possible and more so when needed.

Shroob

Sup?
I have a mighty need

Of like

A comic where it's like, "The Class of 2 Million BC"

And the party gets ruined when these 4 freaks of nature show up.

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
I am just glad the hive mind decided not to change their avatars to different versions of Dorothy Gale.

Because there can only be one!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom