• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
ACSDSTUSALLLY it started out as a Tomogachi game thing. So technically--and that's a very big technically--it's a game series.
But then why do people think we can get Sora, since Mickey started as a cartoon?

Ummmm.....
:ultgnw:

Also, who are you to say what is and isn’t a game?
You know the first time I heard what Digimon started off as, I thought so too. Then I reali-...wait a minute! I still think we won't get an LCD character in Smash! Other than Mr. Game and Watch of course, if he counts. Still, A Tamagotchi character? I don't know.
That's a Nintendo character, so it doesn't count. Like ROB.

D

Deleted member

Jesus Christ, just got another legendary skin- Augmented Sombra.

Why can't I be this lucky literally anywhere else in life?
I wish Mario Kart Tour was that merciful with me when I tried to unlock my girl Pauline.

But sadly the game had to suck and mess my iPad.

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
Let's say there was a new Digimon fighting game on the Switch, who would you pick as a new character?
Loco.jpg
Grand.jpg

My choice would be Locomon which could digivole into Granlocomon seen here.
I would imagine them uses their fists and wheels to attack as well charging.
I would enjoy running over other Digimon with a freaking train! Fight me.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

But then why do people think we can get Sora, since Mickey started as a cartoon?
They could just probably remove all of the good things about Kingdom Hearts and just put in the original characters as content lmao

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I'm seeing a lot of people say they hate the humanoid designs because they "Couldn't imagine them roaming around in nature"
Yes, because Pokemon like Machamp, Gardevoir, the Hitmon trio, Lucario, Sawk and Throh are absolutely creatures I could envision seeing in the wild
Aside from a bit of burnout on the games, I do have some issues with Pokemon Sword and Shield. But this seems like a pretty dumb complaint. They're fictional creatures, they come in a variety of forms, so why complain some of the bipedal ones can walk in the open now when that wasn't an issue in titles before it? As opposed to wanting better animations, bringing back features from previous titles or keeping the entire dex.

Iridium

Smash Hero
That was pretty much my motivation to go to this tourney lol.

Thankfully it wasn't 0-2, but I have a weird tendency to go 2-2 in almost all of the brackets I play in, regardless of how stacked said bracket is.

So yeah, as someone who's still starting out in the competitive scene, I'd say it's definitely worth going just for the experience.
I imagined I would pull off a Rizeasu and pick half of the roster just for the sake of it, but I'm most comfortable with :ultlink::ultcloud::ultroy::ultchrom::ultyounglink: at the moment. At this point, trying to play faster and get fundamental tech down is all I've been practicing so far. Having played the game for only 2 months, I still think I'm getting somewhere.

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
I wonder what kind of story beats would allow Peach to need to go to his room...wherever it is.
Since he's part of a vigilante group, Peach could probably be trying to escape from the cult and he'd offer a place to hide (if Daisy is the only partner she has at that moment, she'd probably inquire) :yoshi:

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
I mean, if we're going to be picky about whether V-Pets count as video games or not, there's still the original Digimon World that predates any season of the anime. It even draws from its V-Pet roots, so it's not disengaged from the origins of the franchise either.

D

Deleted member

Aside from a bit of burnout on the games, I do have some issues with Pokemon Sword and Shield. But this seems like a pretty dumb complaint. They're fictional creatures, they come in a variety of forms, so why complain some of the bipedal ones can walk in the open now when that wasn't an issue in titles before it? As opposed to wanting better animations, bringing back features from previous titles or keeping the entire dex.
It's not like humanoid/bipedal creatures are the only out-there designs, we've got so many others such as living rocks, ghosts, dragons, literal piles of sludge and trash and even and honest to god alien. And there's not really a lack of more animalistic Pokemon in Sword and Shield, we've already seen several of them like Wooloo, Corviknight and Cramortant, and we've seen a few more through leaks.

Last edited by a moderator:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Gotta say though, for that MMX fighting project, I dig what they did with Mega Man X's moveset, most of his attacks are references to the actual games, while also implementing a quite a few fighting game references in general.

MMX has, X-Buster/Charge Shot, Storm Tornado, Speed Burner, Triad Thunder, Homing Torpedo, Gravity Well and Tornado Fang. And a Shoryuken. His Ice attack is probably supposed to be Crystal Hunter(given the hexagon shape to the ice when it lands), but it functions like Sub-Zero's Floor Freeze from MK2. He also has an attack like Terry's Power Dunk, but I don't know what weapon was retooled to work like that. Still sick.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed

That's a Nintendo character, so it doesn't count. Like ROB.
Well, that just doesn’t make sense. You can’t just go making exceptions to your rule just because you don’t think something counts or not.

Also, for the record. ROB was a character in the two games you played with him.
They could just probably remove all of the good things about Kingdom Hearts and just put in the original characters as content lmao
Honestly.... the rule just needs to be stretched a bit for Sora. We don’t need to be able to play as any Disney characters or have a Disney world as a stage (Travers Town or Destiny Islands work fine as a Stage). We really just need Donald and Goofey in his Final Smash.

Maybe if we’re lucky we can get some Disney character summons on the stage ala Midgar.

But the point is, Kingdom Hearts is a gaming icon. And Disney content is integral to that game. At some point, the rules need to bend a little. I think non-gaming content is fine as long as it’s not a playable character on the roster and has an explicit link to an original gaming franchise.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Since he's part of a vigilante group, Peach could probably be trying to escape from the cult and he'd offer a place to hide (if Daisy is the only partner she has at that moment, she'd probably inquire) :yoshi:
Fair enough. I’ll need to put some more thought into the areas and locations I want to incorporate into my game sometime.

Also I just realized that anyone not familiar with the ideas I shared will be so confused with your statement.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
As a KH fan, I couldn't give less of a **** about Donald and Goofy, lmao.

Not like I was super disappointed BBS, Re:Coded, Days, and DDD because they didn't have ****ing Donald and Goofy in them.

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
Guys...

She was taking you for a ride with her Digimon comments, hence the song.

Last edited:

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
Fair enough. I’ll need to put some more thought into the areas and locations I want to incorporate into my game sometime.

Also I just realized that anyone not familiar with the ideas I shared will be so confused with your statement.
You don't need to recap it to everyone unless people ask :yoshi:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom