• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raxxel

Hipster Heavyweight Champ
NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
Maybe I should start with locals. My goal is to not go 0-2 for my first tourney and meet up with some top players.

Oh yeah, that guy is really good, one of the better players in his region.
Man I don't care if he's good you don't let someone named Stocktaker69 beat you that's a human rights violation.

Nah but in all seriousness he must have been good to get that far. Palu can't carry in an environment like that.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
And... there it is. Got the Warlock skin in Overwatch, thus meaning I have unlocked basically every new item in the Halloween event, as well as getting most of the Halloween skins.

Very surprised I managed to do that.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
D

Deleted member

Well I don't always have time to look up every obscure JRPG...
bruh, really. Digimon is in no way only a JRPG. It's pretty much an Anime with some minor games on the side.(most of which tend to be on the obscure side)
It's not even that obscure, pretty sure during the mid 2000's it was top 50 globally, right?
kinda ironic how the tables have turned, normally I would be flamed if I said the same thing about terry.

Last edited by a moderator:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I don’t like the sudden stream of attention I got there, so I’m going to answer yes. Functionally, if I have a different account, then I might as well be a different person for all the difference it makes to whoever’s reading.
Treat it like those wrestlers who get a new identity for a little bit. They go back to what they were before anyways.

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
By the way, if we add up every new Pokemon not including Galarian and Gigantamax Forms...

We have over 65 new Pokemon so far.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Godzilla vs. Kong is getting delayed?
No. You see on the site TohoKingdom Forums. Members there on the Godzilla vs. Kong Rumor thread in the MonsterVerse section are bickering and arguing over whether it might get delayed or not. Some saying it will while others are saying it won't. Its giving me an headache hence the female Byleth picture I posted.

The way I see it. I don't think it will. Given KotM's underperformance I understand why Legendary has yet to release any marketing such as an trailer hence why they haven't released an trailer yet. They're trying to take their time with an slow approach.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Oh, Digimon. Yeah, my dad was really into that. Wonder what ever happened to it.
Don't know. Stopped playing it once they stopped making games for the DS. From what I understand, the anime was the bigger thing.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
bruh, really. Digimon is in no way only a JRPG. It's pretty much an Anime with some minor games on the side.(most of which tend to be on the obscure side)
kinda ironic how the tables have turned, normally I would be flamed if I said the same thing about terry.
Well anime characters can't get in, so it's kind of pointless to discuss Agumon then, isn't it?

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Gon posting :yoshi:
I saw it but I didn't have much to say.

I really liked Gon though. My local library had all the volumes and I was just enamoured by the art.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Well anime characters can't get in, so it's kind of pointless to discuss Agumon then, isn't it?
I believe it started out as a Tamagotchi, or whatever it's called. Does that count as a game?

Last edited:

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130
Maybe I should start with locals. My goal is to not go 0-2 for my first tourney and meet up with some top players. Eh, I don't even know about too many regionals in my region, but there is one annual one I can think of.
That was pretty much my motivation to go to this tourney lol.

Thankfully it wasn't 0-2, but I have a weird tendency to go 2-2 in almost all of the brackets I play in, regardless of how stacked said bracket is.

So yeah, as someone who's still starting out in the competitive scene, I'd say it's definitely worth going just for the experience.

D

Deleted member

Okay, the thing is, Digimon was originally not an anime(pretty sure it started out as one of those digital pet thingies?) and just gradually went the anime route,

It's possible, albeit unlikely, if I do say so myself.

Edit: CannonStreak CannonStreak ninja-time

D

Deleted member

No. You see on the site TohoKingdom Forums. Members there on the Godzilla vs. Kong Rumor thread in the MonsterVerse section are bickering and arguing over whether it might get delayed or not. Some saying it will while others are saying it won't. Its giving me an headache hence the female Byleth picture I posted.
Don’t bother with that debate.

Unless there’s official word on that, you shouldn’t be concerned.

And I say this as someone who had to deal with a delay for King Of The Monsters exclusive in my country.

Shroob

Sup?
Okay, the thing is, Digimon was originally not an anime(pretty sure it started out as one of those digital pet thingies?) and just gradually went the anime route,

Bruh

You don't realize it yet, do you?

rofl

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Don’t bother with that debate.

Unless there’s official word on that, you shouldn’t be concerned.

And I say this as someone who had to deal with a delay for King Of The Monsters exclusive in my country.
That's what I'm intending too do actually. Do other things in life to pass the time like watching other movies I love such as the three other MonsterVerse movies and Heisei Gamera Trilogy, things outside the internet and such.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Some dudes are making a Mega Man X fighting game thing. It's not as hype as well HYPER Dragon Ball Z. But I dig fan projects like this.

We haven't seen what Axl or Vile will play like, but I know who ever is making it, is also making Alia, Iris, and obviously Zero. But Mega Man X has his Command Mission version as an alternate character.

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Any new galarian forms leaked? I want to just know the number so far not what they are

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I believe it started out as a Tamagotchi, or whatever it's called. Does that count as a game?
No, I don't think we'd ever get an LCD game character in Smash, that's not really a video game.

Edit: CannonStreak CannonStreak ninja-time
So, for all intents and purposes, Agumon is an anime character then. I don't think anyone would even know about the digital pet origin.

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
It counts as much as Game and Watch does, so Agumon would be eligible.

As for the question of the state of the franchise, it's still ongoing, it even had a duo port of the CS games come out on the Switch just a couple weeks ago.

Shroob

Sup?
Not familiar with that term(where the hell have I heard it before? arrrrrggggggggghhh)
You're being teased.

I think pretty much everyone here is aware of what Digimon is, and if they weren't, they are due to Graizen's continued presence here.

You're explaining it to someone playing coy.

D

Deleted member

ACSDSTUSALLLY it started out as a Tomogachi game thing. So technically--and that's a very big technically--it's a game series.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Wouldn't be much of a boss because every time you hit him you'd get a healing item.
Ohhh that would be such a great twist with this guy, his attacks deal a ton of damage but you get a healing item from him whenever you attack.

That sounds like a legit Deltarune boss Toby Fox would make.
Maybe I could have Toby compose his theme too.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Jesus Christ, just got another legendary skin- Augmented Sombra.

Why can't I be this lucky literally anywhere else in life?

D

Deleted member

I'm seeing a lot of people say they hate the humanoid designs because they "Couldn't imagine them roaming around in nature"
Yes, because Pokemon like Machamp, Gardevoir, the Hitmon trio, Lucario, Sawk and Throh are absolutely creatures I could envision seeing in the wild

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
No, I don't think we'd ever get an LCD game character in Smash, that's not really a video game.

So, for all intents and purposes, Agumon is an anime character then. I don't think anyone would even know about the digital pet origin.
You know the first time I heard what Digimon started off as, I thought so too. Then I reali-...wait a minute! I still think we won't get an LCD character in Smash! Other than Mr. Game and Watch of course, if he counts. Still, A Tamagotchi character? I don't know.

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed

Ummmm.....
:ultgnw:

Also, who are you to say what is and isn’t a game?

Last edited:

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
I will never understand people saying the Digimon digital pets aren't video games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom