• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I found Kratos to be a good classic Greek myth character. As in, he's not a good person by any means but he's entertaining to watch. Otherwise, eh. I don't know what else to see in him in the original trilogy.
I mean, I’ve already said why I relate to him. So I guess agree to disagree.

Honestly I have more problems with how he is in the PS4 game then the classic series. Current era GoW just.... isn’t the same. I don’t get what I got from the classic series out of it. While I go back and replay 3 all the time. I don’t think I’ll ever play it again after finishing the main story. It was a good story, and a great continuation of Kratos’s character, except with how he was towards Atreus at the beginning, he already lost one child you think he’d treasure every possible moment he had with his second chance at fatherhood. Especially with how forefront his daughter was in the stories of the classic series. I just never bought the absentee parent thing. But beyond that my complaints with GoWPS4 are more about gameplay then narrative, which isn’t relative to the current conversation.

D

Deleted member

Sakurai just tweeted this:
See, he likes things way off-model too :yoshi:

Edit: :ultgreninja:'d
whoops looks like I posted it before moving on to a new page lol.

also...

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
That's something for you to figure out. Could be music, voice acting, gameplay, etc.
Which is why I posed the question in the first place. I think.
whoops looks like I posted it before moving on to a new page lol.

also...
Found this in the comments under the tweet.

Last edited:

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Holy ****.

If you pre purchase the SwSh double pack, you get Dynamax Crystal's for both Larvitar and Jamgmo-o.

You can potentially start the game with two of the best Pokemon in their tiers.

D

Deleted member

Holy ****.

If you pre purchase the SwSh double pack, you get Dynamax Crystal's for both Larvitar and Jamgmo-o.

Dude that's too grateful.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Dude that's too grateful.
Well I mean, it's not worth $100+, but if you're planning to buy both anyways, that's ****ing amazing.

We could potentially go Prism in here with Larvitar, which I heavily respect.

But funnily enough, if you purchase just one of the digital versions under a limited timeframes, you get 12 Quick balls.

What a contrast. Lol

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
The website has changed the november date to "coming soon".

It is definitely DEFINITELY soon now. Not sure what else could hammer that in more now.

D

Deleted member

Well I mean, it's not worth $100+, but if you're planning to buy both anyways, that's ****ing amazing.

We could potentially go Prism in here with Larvitar, which I heavily respect.

But funnily enough, if you purchase just one of the digital versions under a limited timeframes, you get 12 Quick balls.

What a contrast. Lol
That's still a big deal, getting 2 pseudo legies.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I take their memes as another victory against that unimportant meme-twink.
Realistically speaking, he's more important than Geno. Neither of them are Paper Mario so I can't say I care too much unless Waluigi really borrows crazy elements from the sports/party titles.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Well I guess it doesn't matter to me because I want it physical because of the wait I had with Overwatch. Don't wanna do that again.

D

Deleted member

The website has changed the november date to "coming soon".

It is definitely DEFINITELY soon now. Not sure what else could hammer that in more now.
I checked the website and it still says November 2019.

Shroob

Sup?
So within the next 2 weeks is a VERY safe bet now.

The evidence is insurmountable at this point:

>The unlisted video on the Smash playlist

>The SNK Copyright info on the next Spirit Event

>The SNK Copyright info on that one tournament

>The "Coming November" changed to "Coming Soon"

Now we just wait, for it will be here soon.

D

Deleted member

The stars are aligning...

Gtg watch K-On!!

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium

This is where I post this.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Calling it tomorrow that Nintendo puts out a tweet that says:

“This ain’t no trick! Terry Bogard’s introduction video is available to watch now! Enjoy this special treat!”

Shroob

Sup?
R U OKAY?!

No, really, are you okay? Y’all seem to be dying from hype.
I mean, I'm not really hyped, just glad another character's finally being released.

Terry isn't a character that I'm super 'excited' for since it looks like he's going to require inputs like Ryu and Ken, but I'm glad he's here, which means more new content like his stage, music, new mii fighter costumes and MAYBE a hint at fighter 5.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I mean, I'm not really hyped, just glad another character's finally being released.

Terry isn't a character that I'm super 'excited' for since it looks like he's going to require inputs like Ryu and Ken, but I'm glad he's here, which means more new content like his stage, music, new mii fighter costumes and MAYBE a hint at fighter 5.
At least most of his inputs will be similar to Ryu and Ken. QCB, QCF, HCF(if they add Power Charge or Fire Kick as input moves)

I AM curious as to whether or not RAISING TACKO will a charge motion or an SRK input. Hoping for the latter, otherwise I'm just using the Up-B version. And then there's POWA DAHNK, which always had been SRK + Kick, and is another option for his recovery attack.

D

Deleted member

At least most of his inputs will be similar to Ryu and Ken. QCB, QCF, HCF(if they add Power Charge or Fire Kick as input moves)

I AM curious as to whether or not RAISING TACKO will a charge motion or an SRK input. Hoping for the latter, otherwise I'm just using the Up-B version. And then there's POWA DAHNK, which always had been SRK + Kick, and is another option for his recovery attack.
I'm not even sure how charge inputs would work in Smash, the gameplay just doesn't seem really friendly with the idea of "crouch/walk back to do this move"

Last edited by a moderator:

Diem

Agent of Phaaze
NNID
Luminoth_Prime
So, uh, ladies and gentlemen, THIS just happened in All Elite Wrestling, the biggest wrestling show in Japan

Edit: Wait what he also did this earlier in the year

Last edited:

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Holy ****.

Its actually pretty balanced considering how long pseudo-legendaries take to evolve. Larvitar will still carry its weight in the early game but you'll probably be near the end of the game by the time it becomes a Tyranitar.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I'm not even sure how charge inputs would work in Smash, the gameplay just doesn't seem really friendly with the idea of "crouch/walk back before doing this move"
Just be glad in most official games Terry never had a back to forward Charge attack.

I mean, if they added Chun-Li, they could always make her input versions Half Circles like in Third Strike and a few other games. But if Guile was in, it's just non-stop suffering trying to do a proper Sonic Boom in a 4 player game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom