• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Base game had Atlus spirits yet the Atlus copyright to the characters section wasn't added until Joker.
Base game has Ubisoft, Wayforward, and Yacht Club Games spirits too. And now it also has Marvelous spirits. Even then, I don’t see what that has to do with my point.

If anything that would mean the alternate theory isn’t possible either because it wouldn’t be there till we get a playable Terry.

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
Base game has Ubisoft, Wayforward, and Yacht Club Games spirits too. And now it also has Marvelous spirits. Even then, I don’t see what that has to do with my point.

If anything that would mean the alternate theory isn’t possible either because it wouldn’t be there till we get a playable Terry.
The point is that if a company has spirits in one update and a character added via DLC in another, they wouldn't add the character copyright to the character section until after the character releases.
Otherwise it would spoil the surprise.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
The point is that if a company has spirits in one update and a character added via DLC in another, they wouldn't add the character copyright to the character section until after the character releases.
Otherwise it would spoil the surprise.
Okay so..... I’m confused.

It was a theory to explain why the SNK copyright is there now. Why are you disagreeing with ME if this is your stance?

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
Okay so..... I’m confused.

It was a theory to explain why the SNK copyright is there now. Why are you disagreeing with ME if this is your stance?
I'm merely stating that the copyright can't be added until Terry is added to the game.

If there's no SNK character playable yet, why add his copyright before the character in game? It didn't happen with Banjo or Joker (though Atlus had stuff in base so they got put under the Misc. companies then. This credit is still present in WOL/Classic), why happen now with Terry?

Also, all the events that have added third party spirits credit the company behind the spirits, but there's no SNK copyright in the intro paragraphs so there can't be new spirits from SNK unless we get Terry.

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
While I'm here, I'm guessing Terry is next week because of more copyright shenannigens:
Scroll down on the link in the tweet to find another SNK copyright. Why would it be there if the Tourney was before his release?

Shroob

Sup?
While I'm here, I'm guessing Terry is next week because of more copyright shenannigens:
Scroll down on the link in the tweet to find another SNK copyright. Why would it be there if the Tourney was before his release?
Curiouser and curiouser.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
Honestly I’m giving up for tonight because honestly, that wouldn’t stay consistent with Terry releasing in “November” everywhere. For Japan, sure. But if released tonight then he would be October, which doesn’t add up.

My guess is literally tomorrow night for release Friday, or early next week. But no later than next week for sure.

Shroob

Sup?
Honestly I’m giving up for tonight because honestly, that wouldn’t stay consistent with Terry releasing in “November” everywhere. For Japan, sure. But if released tonight then he would be October, which doesn’t add up.

My guess is literally tomorrow night for release Friday, or early next week. But no later than next week for sure.
The big headscratch though is that puts Terry's release on a Saturday in Japan.

It's what I've been banking on since it'd basically pull a page out of Piranha Plant's book of coming stupidly early, but would they release him on a weekend in Japan.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Terry will be announced tomorrow.

Or maybe next week.
Bwahaha, I was right!

SpongeBob is Fighter #10, and will be revealed next season. Screencap this.

edit: I just received more info:

-SpongeBob's victory theme is a short remix of his themesong.
-There will be remixes of the F.U.N. song, the Campfire Song song, the themesong, Best Day Ever, Plankton's theme, Industrial Park (BFBB), Jellyfish Fields (BFBB), and Ocean Man. There may be more, my source isn't sure.
-Gary, Patrick, and other characters appear in his stage, which is a travel stage that takes the fighters to each area in Bikini Bottom. Characters also appear in his victory screen; just Gary, his friends, and sometimes Plankton. One has him holding a golden spatula.

Last edited:

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
So it's pretty much confirmed Terry will arrive between the 1st & 9th of November.

Shadowwolflink

Smash Master
The big headscratch though is that puts Terry's release on a Saturday in Japan.

It's what I've been banking on since it'd basically pull a page out of Piranha Plant's book of coming stupidly early, but would they release him on a weekend in Japan.
I don't see why not, if people aren't busy with work or school then wouldn't that mean more day one downloads and purchases?

Shroob

Sup?
I don't see why not, if people aren't busy with work or school then wouldn't that mean more day one downloads and purchases?
But what if something breaks.

Dunno about Nintendo, but a lot of game companies don't push out releases on the weekend because they won't have people in the office if **** breaks.

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
I mean, there is more to it than just "It's November"

More like the unlisted video and the next Spirit event explicitedly listing SNK in its copyrights.
I know, but it still contradicts what Nintendo themselves told Westerners. This thread took that information and jumped to conclusions.

Unless we get something in the next five minutes, we're probably not getting Terry this week. My bet is next Tuesday or Wednesday.

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
So it's pretty much confirmed Terry will arrive between the 1st & 9th of November.
Pretty much has to be. Otherwise it is nonsensical to have a trademark there. By now they would have noticed people talking about it too. The latest Nintendo Versus tweet all but confirms it.

I still think it will be November 5th/6th for some reason. If there's nothing tomorrow then i won't expect it till then personally.

Shroob

Sup?
I know, but it still contradicts what Nintendo themselves told Westerners. This thread took that information and jumped to conclusions.

Unless we get something in the next five minutes, we're probably not getting Terry this week. My bet is next Tuesday or Wednesday.
I mean

:ultpiranha:

That was not Feb.

NabiscoFelt

Smash Journeyman
So technically wouldn't the SNK trademark be necessary if Terry were to drop during the Spirit event, instead of just before?

I could see the 4th being a reasonable date then. Avoids the Japanese weekend problem.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Question: is it possible to make a linear game with very few player choices that effect the narrative and the world around you, and still engross the player with an amazing story that makes you feel the same emotions as the character you control?

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Yes. Yes it is.
It happens to me all the time. Classic God of War and Bayonetta especially. But every time I hear other people talk about games that effect them in that way it’s always something with a lot of customization and player choice.

You answered yes though. Can you give me examples of what did this for you?

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
Actually, I think it’s quite possible that Nintendo announces the presentation for a later date.

That’s what happened with Hero, and technically Banjo. Joker is the only one who hasn’t had an announcement and was dropped randomly.

D

Deleted member

Question: is it possible to make a linear game with very few player choices that effect the narrative and the world around you, and still engross the player with an amazing story that makes you feel the same emotions as the character you control?
One word:

Undertale(kinda, your choices do matter to some degree, but the main changes of the game are dialogue based, and not much else)

D

Deleted member

Closest I've ever gotten was in Persona 4. Specifically it's endgame.

NabiscoFelt

Smash Journeyman
I mean

:ultpiranha:

That was not Feb.
Wasn't February more of an assumption/time limit? I don't recall them ever giving a solid release month for Plant, everyone just assumed it was February since that was I think the final day it could've been.

Slime Master

Smash Ace
It happens to me all the time. Classic God of War and Bayonetta especially. But every time I hear other people talk about games that effect them in that way it’s always something with a lot of customization and player choice.

You answered yes though. Can you give me examples of what did this for you?
Well there's the obvious choice: DQ. Journey also did that pretty well IIRC (I need to replay that soon). I admittedly don't have a very wide set of experiences with games but that's generally supposed to be a big draw for JRPGs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom