• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Hey remember when we thought Mighty No. 9 was gonna be dope?

At least Shovel Knight and Gunvolt turned out fine.

And that we eventually got Mega Man 11.
And they should have take notes with how Bloodstain did, Bloodstain was delayed a couple of times, but the more time it take, the more it gets better.

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
I just don't see the logic still.

Pakun is the name.

Jack and Doyle are a card and detective-related respectively.

Brave has nothing to do with Banjo aside from "5 letter B word"
jack: card related to joker
doyle: detectivey stuff
brave: erdrick's translated class name
jane: ?????????????

1560079690695.png

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Found something.

There was a problem fetching the tweet

Spider-Man 4 was gonna get a game and it seemed like it had quite a bit of thought put into the aesthetics. Not quite Ultimate Spider-Man visually, but nice to see nonetheless.

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Found something.

Spider-Man 4 was gonna get a game and it seemed like it had quite a bit of thought put into the aesthetics. Not quite Ultimate Spider-Man visually, but nice to see nonetheless.
I don’t really like any of the Spider-Man movies. The MCU version is the best, but all of them are flawed interpretations of the characters and story. It’s sad that the PS4 game is the best Spider-Msn movie we’ve gotten.

Nah

Smash Champion
Nah Nah

Your time has come.
I HAVE BEEN WAITING FOR THIS

Excited that I can finally use this hoard of orbs I've been holding onto for so long! Was starting to think that they'd never put her in the game lol.

now I just have to wait for the banner to drop....

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I just don't see the logic still.

Pakun is the name.

Jack and Doyle are a card and detective-related respectively.

Brave has nothing to do with Banjo aside from "5 letter B word"
We don't know what Jack is specifically. That's just one theory. Could also refer to the jack-of-all-trades character status, or just a name reference to Jack Frost, similar to what Doyle is. Brave could be an extremely simple trait and have nothing to do with Dragon Quest's heroes at all. While I at first believed it was somewhat more defining, so characters like Agumon were vastly realistic options for what Brave could be, the constant leaks, which changed the context, says otherwise. Brave is probably Banjo at this point. It's way more realistic that the actual codenames are in exact reveal order.

Likewise, Banjo still fits Brave just fine. It's a basic trait many protagonists have, the courage to do what's right/face obstacles. The whole connection to DQ feels way more like it's trying too hard to find a connection at this point. Just as much as people are banking too hard on the connection when it's vague enough for multiple possibilities. It not being Erdrick would be actually really healthy for speculation, as it wouldn't just be a surprise, but it would mean we can't use the codenames to determine anything, just like nobody saw Joker coming at all. Which would be the point of a completely basic and vague codename, beings applicable to almost anything, a far cry from the previous ones, which had more clear connections.

It could be Erdrick, but there's honestly far more reason to believe it's Banjo right now. Like better evidence via credible leakers than a theory people made. The Brave = Yuusha thing is feeling closer to a red herring than a reality as well. There's literally nothing backing it up beyond a reasonable theory, which makes it lacking as actual evidence. It's nothing strong like the Box Theory was, which had a picture and better logic to it. We have vastly inconsistent codenames here as is. There's no pattern to go off of. Nothing concrete at all.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I don’t really like any of the Spider-Man movies. The MCU version is the best, but all of them are flawed interpretations of the characters and story. It’s sad that the PS4 game is the best Spider-Msn movie we’ve gotten.
I'll just say I heavily disagree about the MCU version being the best because that version of Peter barely embodies what makes Spider-Man special.

I do agree that the PS4 Spider-Man game is better than pretty much 90% of Superhero movies though.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Found something.

So reworking the cancelled Spider-Man 4 into a game? To think there was another chance to see Bruce Campbell as Mysterio.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
We don't know what Jack is specifically. That's just one theory. Could also refer to the jack-of-all-trades character status, or just a name reference to Jack Frost, similar to what Doyle is. Brave could be an extremely simple trait and have nothing to do with Dragon Quest's heroes at all. While I at first believed it was somewhat more defining, so characters like Agumon were vastly realistic options for what Brave could be, the constant leaks, which changed the context, says otherwise. Brave is probably Banjo at this point. It's way more realistic that the actual codenames are in exact reveal order.

Likewise, Banjo still fits Brave just fine. It's a basic trait many protagonists have, the courage to do what's right/face obstacles. The whole connection to DQ feels way more like it's trying too hard to find a connection at this point. Just as much as people are banking too hard on the connection when it's vague enough for multiple possibilities. It not being Erdrick would be actually really healthy for speculation, as it wouldn't just be a surprise, but it would mean we can't use the codenames to determine anything, just like nobody saw Joker coming at all. Which would be the point of a completely basic and vague codename, beings applicable to almost anything, a far cry from the previous ones, which had more clear connections.

It could be Erdrick, but there's honestly far more reason to believe it's Banjo right now. Like better evidence via credible leakers than a theory people made. The Brave = Yuusha thing is feeling closer to a red herring than a reality as well. There's literally nothing backing it up beyond a reasonable theory, which makes it lacking as actual evidence. It's nothing strong like the Box Theory was, which had a picture and better logic to it. We have vastly inconsistent codenames here as is. There's no pattern to go off of. Nothing concrete at all.
You’re operating under one flaw in logic. We were never supposed to see the codenames. If we were, they would be someplace other than hurried in the code. It’s a developer shorthand so they know what character their working on without explicitly naming them for leaks.

Besides, isn’t Erdrick basically confirmed at this point too? I thought most of us were expecting two reveals anyway, which means we’re probably gonna see Erdrick AND Banjo.

I also heard a story yesterday on here that said that Roy, Ryu, and Lucas were misordered in 4’s code.

I'll just say I heavily disagree about the MCU version being the best because that version of Peter barely embodies what makes Spider-Man special.

I do agree that the PS4 Spider-Man game is better than pretty much 90% of Superhero movies though.
What do you mean? I felt it was the most accurate version of him yet. Aside from the whole, Iron Man mentor thing. But I mean, that makes sense for what they were trying to do.

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
So reworking the cancelled Spider-Man 4 into a game? To think there was another chance to see Bruce Campbell as Mysterio.
Well the game got canned because the movie did. So add that to the list of cool Superhero games we'll never get. Just like the Flash, Superman, Daredevil, X-Women and that 2099 game.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Found something.

I do like how this game was stylized to be more like a classic comic book, compared to other ones taking a more realistic approach.

It is interesting seeing old cancelled games, and even more interesting seeing them revived, uf they get revived that is.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
You’re operating under one flaw in logic. We were never supposed to see the codenames. If we were, they would be someplace other than hurried in the code. It’s a developer shorthand so they know what character their working on without explicitly naming them for leaks.

Besides, isn’t Erdrick basically confirmed at this point too? I thought most of us were expecting two reveals anyway, which means we’re probably gonna see Erdrick AND Banjo.

I also heard a story yesterday on here that said that Roy, Ryu, and Lucas were misordered in 4’s code.
Erdrick is not confirmed whatsoever. It's nothing more than a rumor. Just like Banjo isn't either. Tansut and Verge are shaky leakers here. The one who leaked Banjo also leaked that we were getting a Super Smash Bros. Ultimate reveal, and has a perfect track record. They're significantly more credible and way more believable at this point.

Pretty sure we had no misorders though? Also, Smash 4 didn't have a specific rule that reveal order relates to their exact number anyway. It's not part of the game's major design. Brave is Number 72 without a doubt due to the actual way they're doing reveals. He/She/It are the only one that could be actually presentable enough to show off at this point. We'd have found data for 73 otherwise if there was enough work on that character. It doesn't make any sense that Brave is anything but 72 right now. Also, please spoiler anything that's being replied to that's already spoilered.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Erdrick is not confirmed whatsoever. It's nothing more than a rumor. Just like Banjo isn't either. Tansut and Verge are shaky leakers here. The one who leaked Banjo also leaked that we were getting a Super Smash Bros. Ultimate reveal, and has a perfect track record. They're significantly more credible and way more believable at this point.

Pretty sure we had no misorders though? Also, Smash 4 didn't have a specific rule that reveal order relates to their exact number anyway. It's not part of the game's major design. Brave is Number 72 without a doubt due to the actual way they're doing reveals. He/She/It are the only one that could be actually presentable enough to show off at this point. We'd have found data for 73 otherwise if there was enough work on that character. It doesn't make any sense that Brave is anything but 72 right now. Also, please spoiler anything that's being replied to that's already spoilered.
what happened while I was sleeping? Like, yeah they’re not officially confirmed. But if it’s anyone else i’d Be genuinely surprised. That was the mentality going around last night and now.... what happened.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
What do you mean? I felt it was the most accurate version of him yet. Aside from the whole, Iron Man mentor thing. But I mean, that makes sense for what they were trying to do.
No it's not. Spider-Man's not supposed to have a mentor figure in that sense, nor have so much handed to him. Hell, for most of the comics, Spider-Man doesn't trust other heroes too much and vice versa. With Human Torch and Daredevil being exceptions, since he relates to them on a personal level. Spider-Man's a lone wolf for quite some time. And sure as hell wasn't someone's sidekick.

And he's not given as much as **** as he's supposed to be for mismanaging his personal responsibilities and Spider-Man responsibilities. That, and the lack of him having a job to juggle too, while helping his aunt pay the bills because it helped to show that responsibility element to Spider-Man.

I feel like they're making his motivation in the MCU mostly about impressing other heroes when that's the opposite of what Peter Parker does.

Just being a teenager isn't what makes Spider-Man Spider-Man. It's his ideals and how he struggles to live up to Ben's words and make the right choices, even if the selfish choice is the most lucrative or easier choice. Most of the best Spider-Man stories even happen when he's at least in college, as in a grown ass man.

Seriously, compare what MCU Peter goes through and how he deals with consiqeunces, and compare it to PS4 Peter. Dude's left homeless, jobless and has to fight the whole city, but picks himself up on his own two feet and does 90% of the work to save the city.

I do like how this game was stylized to be more like a classic comic book, compared to other ones taking a more realistic approach.

It is interesting seeing old cancelled games, and even more interesting seeing them revived, uf they get revived that is.
I agree, same with concept art, I like seeing the process of these things being made.

Spider-Man 4 had a neat visual style to it if this concept art is any indication.

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
what happened while I was sleeping? Like, yeah they’re not officially confirmed. But if it’s anyone else i’d Be genuinely surprised. That was the mentality going around last night and now.... what happened.
Nothing happened. Tansut's whole thing that he knows Erdrick is coming was shaky at best. He tried to clarify and got a "sure why not". The idea that Luminary/Eight are the face of a Hero Class and Erdrick is an alt is just as realistic, and also a better way to sell it worldwide.

Another thing is no leaker has ever outright claimed Brave is Erdrick at all. Everything was pure theories, just like us. They didn't know either. Likewise, nobody claimed he's next in line either. Just that he's at some point coming. Tansut doesn't even have the release date, unlike Cloud's. There's zero strong evidence that Brave is Erdrick. We have actual good reason to believe Brave is 72, however.

Verge only has said otherwise he doesn't really believe Erdrick is going to be revealed soon, just that he'll come at some point. He is not pointing him out as Brave. I don't think he knows the reveal order factors either, so he likely doesn't realize that. This is however a bit of a change-up too. It's partial backpedaling by all means, since he was sure the SE character would be the first DLC reveal. Well, not counting PP, which he apparently heard at some point as he claims.

Shinobi is the latest leaker who basically is saying Banjo is coming first, on Tuesday. It's the same wording he used to describe the Nintendo direct that revealed Ultimate and gave us a weird Inklling's trailer(which didn't even give them a tagline).

BlueMonk

Smash Champion
One thing that makes me doubt Erdrick a little is that Sakurai has said in the past that third parties should have worldwide appeal, something that Erdrick completely lacks.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
One thing that makes me doubt Erdrick a little is that Sakurai has said in the past that third parties should have worldwide appeal, something that Erdrick completely lacks.
I mean....sort of. Dragon Quest is still fairly well known, just not nearly as much as Final Fantasy. And I'm not too sure how well that would also apply to Banjo, though I think Banjo did pretty alright in Japan.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
No it's not. Spider-Man's not supposed to have a mentor figure in that sense, nor have so much handed to him. Hell, for most of the comics, Spider-Man doesn't trust other heroes too much and vice versa. With Human Torch and Daredevil being exceptions, since he relates to them on a personal level. Spider-Man's a lone wolf for quite some time. And sure as hell wasn't someone's sidekick.

And he's not given as much as **** as he's supposed to be for mismanaging his personal responsibilities and Spider-Man responsibilities. That, and the lack of him having a job to juggle too, while helping his aunt pay the bills because it helped to show that responsibility element to Spider-Man.

I feel like they're making his motivation in the MCU mostly about impressing other heroes when that's the opposite of what Peter Parker does.

Just being a teenager isn't what makes Spider-Man Spider-Man. It's his ideals and how he struggles to live up to Ben's words and make the right choices, even if the selfish choice is the most lucrative or easier choice. Most of the best Spider-Man stories even happen when he's at least in college, as in a grown *** man.

I agree, same with concept art, I like seeing the process of these things being made.

Spider-Man 4 had a neat visual style to it if this concept art is any indication.
O.... K..... honestly, that’s the kind of stuff that turns me off the other movies. Like, no joke, as a little kid, I saw one of the rami movie on tv or something, and decided from it that I didn’t like Spider-Man. The PS4 game made those aspects kind of interesting, but they’re also like, the smallest aspect of the overall narrative.

With the MCU, we have a Spider-Man who didn’t come first, for once. He has other heroes in his life this time to model his life after. Iron Man is essentially a father figure. It might not be traditional “Toby McGuire overacting while pretending to be in highschool at age 26” or whatever, but it’s a logical way for the character to go in the universe that they created. Because it’s a universe with a different setup.

But all of that is second fiddle to why I feel the MCU Spider-Man is the best. He’s the first one who actually felt like Spider-Man to me. When he first came on screen swinging around doing flips, making quips, and geeking out over the other heroes, that finally felt like I was watching Spider-Man fight on screen. Something I never got in either of the other two film series.

BlueMonk

Smash Champion
I mean....sort of. Dragon Quest is still fairly well known, just not nearly as much as Final Fantasy. And I'm not too sure how well that would also apply to Banjo, though I think Banjo did pretty alright in Japan.
Obviously these things are hard to accurately gauge, but I'd say Erdrick is relatively unknown in the west. People recognize Dragon Quest, but don't really care about it or think of it as a big series.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Nothing happened. Tansut's whole thing that he knows Erdrick is coming was shaky at best. He tried to clarify and got a "sure why not". The idea that Luminary/Eight are the face of a Hero Class and Erdrick is an alt is just as realistic, and also a better way to sell it worldwide.

Another thing is no leaker has ever outright claimed Brave is Erdrick at all. Everything was pure theories, just like us. They didn't know either. Likewise, nobody claimed he's next in line either. Just that he's at some point coming. Tansut doesn't even have the release date, unlike Cloud's. There's zero strong evidence that Brave is Erdrick. We have actual good reason to believe Brave is 72, however.

Verge only has said otherwise he doesn't really believe Erdrick is going to be revealed soon, just that he'll come at some point. He is not pointing him out as Brave. I don't think he knows the reveal order factors either, so he likely doesn't realize that. This is however a bit of a change-up too. It's partial backpedaling by all means, since he was sure the SE character would be the first DLC reveal. Well, not counting PP, which he apparently heard at some point as he claims.

Shinobi is the latest leaker who basically is saying Banjo is coming first, on Tuesday. It's the same wording he used to describe the Nintendo direct that revealed Ultimate and gave us a weird Inklling's trailer(which didn't even give them a tagline).
So.... the pessimists are just out to play then? Duly noted. Let me know when the fun people are back.

Obviously these things are hard to accurately gauge, but I'd say Erdrick is relatively unknown in the west. People recognize Dragon Quest, but don't really care about it or think of it as a big series.
And even if they do know the series. They certainly don’t know who Erdrick is.

Last edited:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
While I wait for E3 show to go live I'm clearing out my backlog. (Friggin' timezones)

Currently 100%ing Shantae Half Genie Hero.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
The problem isn't DQ. The problem is he's a complete unknown in the US and a business risk to use. It makes wayyyyyyy more sense to have Luminary/Eight as the character, or a Hero Class instead with Erdrick as one of many alts. This allows for better sales worldwide, which is vastly important since they need to make bank to pay for the character licensing. SE likewise knows this. It costs a little more licensing, but it also guarantees significantly better sales this way too. It's a win-win. They could just as easily go for Slime instead for a vastly guaranteed set of sales too as well.

So.... the pessimists are just out to play then? Duly noted. Let me know when the fun people are back.
Fun people are here. We're actually just being realistic and not making assumptions based upon faulty evidence. Reveal orders is a key thing this time around. 72 is blatantly Brave. Like, it's not a contest if you're paying attention to how the reveals work.

It's not pessimists at all. We're analyzing the information we have and not taking it at face value instead.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Can't say DQ is really well known here. People will recognise the Slime but don't know where it's from and haven't even heard of DQ.

I don't think we got any of the games until DQVIII and the gap in localisations post IX didn't help.

I'd hope with the recent releases things are getting better.

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Can't say DQ is really well known here. People will recognise the Slime but don't know where it's from and haven't even heard of DQ.

I don't think we got any of the games until DQVIII and the gap in localisations post IX didn't help.

I'd hope with the recent releases things are getting better.
We had Dragon Quest 1, 2, three of the Dragon Quest Monsters games, at least. I forget what came between 2 and 8 though.

We just had it localized as Dragon Warrior. I do agree that Slime is the most recognizable by far, though.

BlueMonk

Smash Champion
The third party "rules" do seem like they've been changing recently, so maybe I'm wrong. But despite the claims of "Japan bias" or whatever, since Melee Sakurai has always seemed to care about characters being recognizable and known worldwide. He has gone on record saying that if he knew Mother 3 wouldn't be localized he would not have added Lucas.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
The third party "rules" do seem like they've been changing recently, so maybe I'm wrong. But despite the claims of "Japan bias" or whatever, since Melee Sakurai has always seemed to care about characters being recognizable and known worldwide. He has gone on record saying that if he knew Mother 3 wouldn't be localized he would not have added Lucas.
He instead made sure we had Ness and Lucas to appeal to both sides. He did something similar with Richter and Simon, for a both sides approach. Of course, these are also base game characters and not DLC, so making money isn't an issue here.

DLC is a business risk for 3rd parties if they aren't guaranteed sellers worldwide. It's not impossible to choose them, but they aren't inherently good choices by design either.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
We had Dragon Quest 1, 2, three of the Dragon Quest Monsters games, at least. I forget what came between 2 and 8 though.

We just had it localized as Dragon Warrior. I do agree that Slime is the most recognizable by far, though.
I know III, IV and VII were released in NA. V and VI didn't come until the remakes.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I know III, IV and VII were released in NA. V and VI didn't come until the remakes.
So it's more like they skipped out on V and VI then?

DQ still had an issue selling, yeah. I think 1 and 2 did fine in the West otherwise, being the introduction to turn-based rpg's and all. FF blew 'em out of the water, if I remember right?

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
So it's more like they skipped out on V and VI then?

DQ still had an issue selling, yeah. I think 1 and 2 did fine in the West otherwise, being the introduction to turn-based rpg's and all. FF blew 'em out of the water, if I remember right?
FF also had the luxury of some of the SNES games being localised. DQ basically missed out on that console generation in NA.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
O.... K..... honestly, that’s the kind of stuff that turns me off the other movies. Like, no joke, as a little kid, I saw one of the rami movie on tv or something, and decided from it that I didn’t like Spider-Man. The PS4 game made those aspects kind of interesting, but they’re also like, the smallest aspect of the overall narrative.

With the MCU, we have a Spider-Man who didn’t come first, for once. He has other heroes in his life this time to model his life after. Iron Man is essentially a father figure. It might not be traditional “Toby McGuire overacting while pretending to be in highschool at age 26” or whatever, but it’s a logical way for the character to go in the universe that they created. Because it’s a universe with a different setup.

But all of that is second fiddle to why I feel the MCU Spider-Man is the best. He’s the first one who actually felt like Spider-Man to me. When he first came on screen swinging around doing flips, making quips, and geeking out over the other heroes, that finally felt like I was watching Spider-Man fight on screen. Something I never got in either of the other two film series.
And for me, he doesn't feel like Spider-Man because "geeking out over other heroes" ISN'T what Spider-Man does. That doesn't feel like Spider-Man. That feels like Comic Miles at best, and 90% of other Teen Heroes at worst. And having another super hero as a father figure DOES take away from Spider-Man has his own person. I really can't stress this enough. A major draw of Spider-Man's conception is that he's not Robin or Supergirl. That's why many younger readers, when the start to have more responsibilities in their own lives, can see the exaggerated element of that in Spider-Man and get it. Peter can't or shouldn't be able to fall back on some other superhero when things get tough for him or build him his suit for him, since Pete's a pretty smart guy, he's got to do that **** on his own. They at least had him make his web-shooters. And there's barely any swinging scenes in Homecoming. Even ASM2 had a dope swinging scene so I don't even know what you're talking about.

I did like him in Civil War though. He got to do cool ****, and it didn't feel like Iron Man was too impactful to him as a character.

Spider-Man talks a lot of ****, fights on his own and has to deal with everyday issues from work, dating, family and friends. And to be fair, only the first Raimi film took place in highschool. And Tom Holland's still a 22 year old dude playing a high-schooler. Neither of which is a big deal because that happens all the time in Hollywood.

I'm not saying the Raimi films are perfect, far from it. That Spider-Man needed some more humor in his performance. And I think Organic Webs, while cool, take a bit away from showing his smarts. But it at least understands who Peter Parker is at a fundamental level, despite the hammy nature of some scenes. Peter in the comics isn't the first hero either, but he doesn't constantly try to impress the Avengers. He tries to do his best as his own hero and as his own man, introducing third parties to that, ones that aren't even his family sours the MCU version for me dramatically.

I think Spectacular Spider-Man's probably the best of the Spider-Man adaptations overall. It has the heart, the humor, the action, the music and Josh Keaton. And I do like the 90's series despite the pacing issues.

All I can say is that we've got different views on this, so I'll just agree to disagree if that's fine by you.

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
The problem isn't DQ. The problem is he's a complete unknown in the US and a business risk to use. It makes wayyyyyyy more sense to have Luminary/Eight as the character, or a Hero Class instead with Erdrick as one of many alts. This allows for better sales worldwide, which is vastly important since they need to make bank to pay for the character licensing. SE likewise knows this. It costs a little more licensing, but it also guarantees significantly better sales this way too. It's a win-win. They could just as easily go for Slime instead for a vastly guaranteed set of sales too as well.

Fun people are here. We're actually just being realistic and not making assumptions based upon faulty evidence. Reveal orders is a key thing this time around. 72 is blatantly Brave. Like, it's not a contest if you're paying attention to how the reveals work.

It's not pessimists at all. We're analyzing the information we have and not taking it at face value instead.
I was gonna respond to this. But I don’t want to. I’m tired of this. Let me know when the people who were here last night and the day before etc, come back.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Note to self. Do not talk about Spider-Man with Knight Dude.
I apologize if I came off as rude.

I can see what you mean. For all we know, Erdrick could simply be the Player 1 character, while other protags are alts, similar to Bowser Jr. And that is of course, Erdrick is fully playable and not someone who's strictly been rumored.

I'm curious about the Banjo stuff too, since all this Banjo hype could just lead to yet another re-master/remake we've been seeing since Crash. Spyro, RE2, Destroy All Humans, Medi-Evil, and even freaking Spongebob. Or perhaps a new sequel.

I got most of the characters I wanted in base game anyhow, so at this point, most new characters would just be fine for me.

Unless it's something like Tekken or a 2nd Mega Man pulling a Chrom. Then I'm hyped beyond belief.

Wunderwaft

Smash Master
Microsoft's E3 will be the deciding factor for Banjo's fate, I suggest for everyone to exercise caution until it's over. If nothing about Banjo gets revealed at the Microsoft conference then it means there is no revival planned for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom