• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aaron1997

Smash Ace
NNID
Aaron1318

Here comes the fake smash ball theorys

D

Deleted member

Y'all aint ready for Development Update On Super Smash Bros Ultimate Fighter's Pass

Teeb147

Smash Legend
The only thing that having Banjo announced first means is that Brave isn't Erdrick. Erdrick is absolutely still possible. But the next character is going to Brave. Just like Jack was the next character in the datamine, being Joker. The real question is what happened to Jane, honestly.
They're working on multiple characters at a time and could've decided to focus on one that isn't brave for release first, so we can't even say that.
The data was wiped quite a while ago, so it's hard to tell.

Either way i expect erdrick to be brave. But yeah they could still be 3rd dlc without that codename.
It should be easy to tell once we get the next release (and datamine it)

Last edited:

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
But that implies we get both a September and then either a November/December Direct, and said character(s) is released directly after the presentation.

Seems hella fishy when a more logic way would be:

June, release one, tease 1
September, teased character releases, September Direct teases another
November/December, teased character released, tease final Direct in Feb
Final in Feb

It just plays out better this way, IMO at least.
Probably depends more on General Directs and Smash Directs.

They could tease a pick in a General Direct, and then drop them after a similar manner to Joker.

Either way they’ll figure it out.

D

Deleted member

Alright, are there any other leakers on Twitter I should be wary about? I just want to mute them so I don't get spoiled.
Papagenos because he covers this crap. Shinobi602 since he's a leaker. Gamexplain and their hosts, Andre, Derrick, Ash, and Jon--especially Jon--has to be muted. I would go for the obvious subpar leak outlets like LaxChris and his clones. Those are the ones I immediately think of.

Last edited by a moderator:

Shyy_Guy595

Smash Champion
We aren't getting a "tease". Given the amount of time, I expect June or July, maybe August at the absolute latest to be the deadline for "Brave"'s release given how long they've been working on it along with confirmation of the 3rd being developed somewhere in the 2nd's development cycle which would mean it'd be done likely a few months after the second releases. June or any of the Summer months and September can both have Fighters added to the game while December and the end of February can have the final two. That's not a scenario that's unlikely at all.

D

Deleted member

I honestly think we shouldn't take much jokes from Sakurai seriously. It's more likely to be wrong than right, like a bunch of 4chan leaks.

Dukeofdeath5

Smash Lord

Yesterday Chairs

Today Fake Smash Balls

Tomorrow, only Sakurai knows

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130
The situation surrounding Erdrick, the way I see it, is really getting... complicated now.

Brave is obviously Fighter 2 (or possibly 3 since they were worked on simultaneously) at this point.

If Erdrick is Brave like most people assume, it’s way more likely that he will be revealed at E3 based solely on the circumstances of Brave, not anything related to DQ.

Tbh, the only way I really see Erdrick as Brave not get revealed at E3 is that:
-Fighter 2 is NOT Brave
-We get only 1 reveal at E3
And imo, I’d still find that really weird.

If Erdrick isn’t Brave than he can theoretically be revealed at any time, but he loses all the backing that the Brave codename gave him. Which pretty much just leaves us w/ a Square rep and the 7 characters... again.

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
Probably depends more on General Directs and Smash Directs.

They could tease a pick in a General Direct, and then drop them after a similar manner to Joker.

Either way they’ll figure it out.
Okay but after E3 how many Directs can we expect for the rest of the year?

General directs? 2 at best, and I fully believe we'll have a final Direct in Feb.

But again, this basically means every character from here on out is a "X will be released after the Direct" type of deal, which doesn't seem right to me.

Last edited:

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
Okay but after E3 how many Directs can we expect for the rest of the year?

General directs? 2 at best, and I fully believe we'll have a final Direct in Feb.

But again, this basically means every character from here on out is a "X will be revealed after the Direct" type of deal, which doesn't seem right to me.
There's also the option of a video being randomly shadow dropped.

Shroob

Sup?
There's also the option of a video being randomly shadow dropped.
I 'really' doubt that.

The only time in history we've ever had a character not revealed via a big presentation/Direct is Robin/Lucina/Falcon back in Smash 4, they've never done anything like that again.

Could it happen? Sure, do I think it's likely considering the past 5 years? No.

Bee Card

Smash Ace
They'll moan about the "terrible choices" for a while and then forget about it until the next Smash game. It happens everytime with the full roster reveal.
The scenario for me is more : team "this is obviously character A we see here" against team "nah this is obviously character B we see here" ^^

zeldasmash

Smash Lord
Am I the only that thinks they might tease the third fighter? We definitely getting the second one since Sakurai confirmed we will, but something tells me he might sneak in a teaser for the third character.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
It really is tough to say.

If Sabi is to be believed (spotty track record but we’ll see), we’ll know Monday.

I don’t even know what I will do if it really is Banjo-Kazooie in Smash. There’s still room for doubt, but there always is.

Regardless of who’s revealed, I don’t care whoever predicts them. I just want to play as them.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Am I the only that thinks they might tease the third fighter? We definitely getting the second one since Sakurai confirmed we will, but something tells me he might sneak in a teaser for the third character.
If they do tease the third fighter in the end. I'll be satisfied then since technically speaking we got two reveals.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Finna roll up to the E3 streams like this...

Akuma-teleport.gif

Get ready people.

Last edited:

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
Forget about Smash and the insanity of it for a moment.

Anyone here when it comes to E3 conferences dislike the use of Hollywood celebrities mainly in Ubisoft and Ea's conferences? Because I'd rather it be people involved in the gaming industry instead. It mostly becomes absolute cringe when they do that.

Dukefire

Smash Master
Whatever it is, better prepare what Sakurai is hiding under the covers coming on June 11th.
Screenshot_20190328-092436_YouTube.jpg

Also, having one character showing up at E3 does leave some breathing room since 3 slots are still open for the Fighters Pass.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Ok. I was having a party with my family. Did a reveal happen?
Sort of.

Sakurai appeared at the end announcing the next DLC reveal will take place on Tuesday during the Nintendo Direct though we might know tomorrow if you don't want to be spoiled since Sabi on Twitter will dig up the info about it.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946

Every time I think they can’t ever stupider but then they do...

D

Deleted member

Well Microsoft has the conference tomorrow and they've been stepping up lately. Looking forward to the Banjo Remake, and Tales of Arise announcements.
Bettcha Nintendo will just hop on randomly Joker-reveal style and tease the new fighter.

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
If there's going to be leaks soon can it be in a separate thread please, preferably a private one.

D

Deleted member

Terrible time, I am home an hour after it is done. ( 1:45 PM ETish )

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom