• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
>man retweets post
>this is now apparently infallible evidence that banjo is in and brave means nothing

1560042168125.png

ThatOneAnon

Smash Ace
User was infracted for this post: flaming
I have no clue what to think.
I really want Steve, but...
Steve is dead.
AHHHHHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAA
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
BURN IN THE FIRES OF DECONFIRMATION, UNHOLY YOUTUBE CANCER BLOCK CREATURE
if you wanted steve that's fine but please allow me some catharsis for a moment

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
I'm guessing DLC Fighter #2 will be June 30th, #3: somewhere Mid August, a stand alone promotional character at the end of October, #4: Mid-December, and #5: End of January-Beginning of February

If there's an extra character outside of the Fighter's Pass, then the schedule will be consistent bi-monthly.

BlueMonk

Smash Champion
>man retweets post
>this is now apparently infallible evidence that banjo is in and brave means nothing

View attachment 226707
for real, shinobi retweeting it means nothing. Unless there was really doubt he was talking about Banjo being in smash, it just means his standing on banjo hasn't changed. Or that he just wanted to retweet what sakurai said. One of those.

D

Deleted member

>man retweets post

View attachment 226707
To be fair, it was the same person who hinted at Banjo for Smash. He hasn't said anything else about Smash Bros until this retweet. He didn't make a retweet for the August 2018 Smash direct. I think ignoring everything else around us and focusing on this specific leaker, I think Banjo is happening this direct.

Last edited by a moderator:

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
I honestly think it would make more sense tho. I mean think of it.

2 and 3 revealed at E3 (Both releases August or September).

Then 4 revealed during August or September (Releases December).

Then the final revealed in December (Releases February 2020).

Wouldn't that better a better pattern?
Umm I don't think this post really engaged with the reasonings I put forth, so I'm going to respectfully say no. I hope you're really hyped by the reveal regardless of what form it may take or how many characters they show, though :D

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Say after we had gotten all the DLC characters and Sakurai gives us a final last surprising character.

Which character do you guys think would fit this bill?

I'm personally thinking Banjo (Assuming he wouldn't be among the final 4 at that point) or Geno. Maybe even someone from Undertale perhaps like Sans or Frisk.

Bee Card

Smash Ace
Say after we had gotten all the DLC characters and Sakurai gives us a final last surprising character.

Which character do you guys think would fit this bill?

I'm personally thinking Banjo (Assuming he wouldn't be among the final 4 at that point) or Geno. Maybe even someone from Undertale perhaps like Sans or Frisk.
Sandbag lmao

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
When are they gonna put my guy Hamburger Helper in? It'd be pretty cheap to develop since they already have Master/Crazy Hand models.

1560042777892.png

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130
I think I understand. Everyone expected Erdrick first because it's easy to think Brave is Erdrick.

A large source of the confusion is that realistically we should not have seen the fighter codenames at all. It's kind of hard to tell what should be happening with random info that was unintentionally obtained.

Hypothetically, if Banjo turned out to be Brave, that doesn't immediately discount Vergeben and Tansut, especially Tansut. What will kill Erdrick for me is if we get a SE rep that isn't him.
Yeah... Banjo only really has the leaker speak back him for an E3 reveal specifically, so I’m not really confident in him happening now.

If the datamine logic is accurate, Erdrick (or whoever Brave is) would be revealed Tuesday

If it’s the 3rd character, then we can probably attribute that to simultaneous development.

Otherwise idk what’s going on with Brave.

If Banjo is Brave, that pretty much solves everything except for the Square rep claim from all the way back. But I don’t really think that’s the case.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
To be fair, it was the same person who hinted at Banjo for Smash. He hasn't said anything else about Smash Bros until this retweet. He didn't make a retweet for the August 2018 Smash direct. I think ignoring everything else around us and focusing on this specific leaker, I think Banjo is happening this direct.
I think people are taking it too far. Which makes sense for people who want banjo. But it's still just a retweet.

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
Well Microsoft has the conference tomorrow and they've been stepping up lately. Looking forward to the Banjo Remake, and Tales of Arise announcements.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Watch that instead of Erdrick or Banjo on Tuesday instead we get Geno revealed.

Now wouldn't that be a twist? ;)

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I think people are taking it too far. Which makes sense for people who want banjo. But it's still just a retweet.
Given how he didn't retweet the August Smash direct for 2018, I think it's safe to say he'll only give attention to Smash if he leaks anything. That's my personal speculation on the matter. Now I can be wrong, and I have been wrong throughout this entire DLC process so far, so we'll see what really happens.

D

Deleted member

Yeah... Banjo only really has the leaker speak back him for an E3 reveal specifically, so I’m not really confident in him happening now.

If the datamine logic is accurate, Erdrick (or whoever Brave is) would be revealed Tuesday

If it’s the 3rd character, then we can probably attribute that to simultaneous development.

Otherwise idk what’s going on with Brave.

If Banjo is Brave, that pretty much solves everything except for the Square rep claim from all the way back. But I don’t really think that’s the case.
It's either or at this point. I just wish one of us was actually working on Smash Ultimate so we could settle the matter right now

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Given how he didn't retweet the August Smash direct for 2018, I think it's safe to say he'll only give attention to Smash if he leaks anything. That's my personal speculation on the matter. Now I can be wrong, and I have been wrong throughout this entire DLC process so far, so we'll see what really happens.
I think it could easily be wrong since it takes a pretty big jump for it, but it could still be what he's going for. I'd rather just stay at 50/50 between banjo and erdrick for now (e3 wise)

+some chance for 2 reveals that we dont expect ;p

Last edited:

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
If Dragon Quest XI Switch does come out in the Fall, then it makes complete and total sense for Erdrick (or Luminary) to come out around then to coincide with it.

Again, never any indication that Erdrick would be at E3. Him being there was entirely fan speculation.

Shyy_Guy595

Smash Champion
I'm gonna expect one character, but keep my hopes for a second.

That's really the safest bet you can make.

Shroob

Sup?
I'm gonna remain neutral on this ****, but the question of "Time" still makes me perplexed.

Whoever is shown off at E3 will come out either late this month or early next.

A Direct in September is all but confirmed since we get one yearly

And a release in Feb is very likely due to the end of the DLC

But then what? We're still short 1 character.

This is why I'm still leaning towards a teaser at E3, since no matter how you slice it, **** doesn't add up.

ThatOneAnon

Smash Ace
If Dragon Quest XI Switch does come out in the Fall, then it makes complete and total sense for Erdrick (or Luminary) to come out around then to coincide with it.

Again, never any indication that Erdrick would be at E3. Him being there was entirely fan speculation.
Exactly. Erdrick's possible presence at E3 is mere speculation.
Banjo's possible presence, on the other hand...

D

Deleted member

I definitely don't think that getting Banjo at E3 means Erdrick won't be in, or vice versa, there's too much going for both of them at this point. But goddamnit I just want speculation to move on from these two

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom