• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

So how many people have made an 'We're in the Endgame now' joke? Can I make another one and have it be funny?
Cause we're in the Endgame now.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Guys its gonna be Erdrick. Just admit it.

I'm saving you all the disappointment its gonna lead to. If only Erdrick wasn't talked about to death so much wouldn't excitement not be dampered.

Last edited:

Wunderwaft

Smash Master
The entire point of the Square Enix thread and Brave speculation was to figure out who it was, and Erdrick came up as the most reasonable option. I fully believe Erdrick is Brave, and if he's been worked on for as long as Joker then he seems as the next DLC character to reveal. It would make NO sense to delay him even further.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
Except you keep stringing on the worst kept secret. At what point does he not be disconfirmed? He has no mumblings about an E3 appearance. He's beem mostly ''hearsay." with no real back up. He missed out a rolled out carpet about his home series in a Direct. He'd miss a big gaming show potentially.

He'd be known longer than any DLC character in history without being revealed. That is not a good look for likelyhood and if you think anything else. You're just kind of deluding yourself. This is make or break for him. He needs to show SOONER rather than LATER.

If there was some sort of plan or work on him that revealed him to leakers? He'd be near completion at this point otherwise he'd be the most extensive character in Smash history.

The longer it goes without him showing? The worse it gets for his likelyhood and he's already in a pretty ''Where is he?" situation heading into E3.
If you ignore the fact that Dragon Quest is massive and makes complete sense for a DLC newcomer, I think that’s blatantly ignoring facts that make a character you don’t happen to like, likely

Based on people I have spoken to, who very likely know more than I do, he’s in the game.

If he’s not in the game, it’s no skin off my back.

I was also told I was deluding myself if I thought Nintendo would “accidentally leak the roster total” because of a box.

It would actually make a lot of sense to save Erdrick for the release of Dragon Quest XI on Switch. Not to mention, Fighters 2 and 3 were worked on from the beginning, so it’s not out of the realm of possibility that he’s planned for later.

No leaker has said he would be at E3. That has been fan speculation, me included.

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130
Now this is kinda interesting...

It seems like this is now a case of leakers vs datamined info.

Assuming that Banjo isn’t Brave which no, he probably isn’t.

D

Deleted member

I'm saving you all the disappointment its gonna lead to. If only Erdrick wasn't talked about to death so much wouldn't excitement not be dampered.
Mate, can you stop the fearmongering please? It's a pretty ****ty attitude to have, especially since there are fans of Erdrick like myself who would be excited for him.

Just imagine if I was just referring to disappointment regarding Godzilla or **** like that continuously.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
If DLC fighters 2 and 3 were being worked on at the same time then wouldn't it make sense to reveal them both at E3 rather then just one of them?

ThatOneAnon

Smash Ace

Erdrick isn't talked about to death, though. Every single insider for the past two weeks has been talking about Banjo, no one else. There's no way you can doubt this.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Mate, can you stop the fearmongering please? It's a pretty ****ty attitude to have, especially since there are fans of Erdrick like myself who would be excited for him.

Just imagine if I was just referring to disappointment regarding Godzilla or **** like that continuously.
As said if the guy hasn't been talked about to death so much would my excitement for him not be dampered. That's why I wasn't really keen on both:ultincineroar:and:ultken:when they were both announced. It really kills the hype for some folks tbh.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Who’s this Shinobi fella and how are they connected to Banjo?

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
If DLC fighters 2 and 3 were being worked on at the same time then wouldn't it make sense to reveal them both at E3 rather then just one of them?
It seems definite to me that Fighter #2 and Fighter #3 are at different stages of development based on what Sakurai said.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Now this is kinda interesting...

It seems like this is now a case of leakers vs datamined info.

Assuming that Banjo isn’t Brave which no, he probably isn’t.
How is it leaker vs datamine? If Fighters 2 and 3 were worked on simultaneously, couldn't Brave just be Fighter 3 and Fighter 2 wasn't put into the code? Given how almost all of the code we know about are just placeholders with little effort and that they're a simultaneous project, theoretically, both Fighters 2 and 3 could have been Fighter 2, but only one was chosen to be revealed earlier than the other. Does that make sense?

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

As said if the guy hasn't been talked about to death so much would my excitement for him not be dampered. That's why I wasn't really keen on both:ultincineroar:and:ultken:when they were both announced. It really kills the hype for some folks tbh.
And your attitude is not helping by dragging the conversation with pessimism just because you're disappointed. Especially because you keep doing this every single day.

Shroob

Sup?
Just gonna point out that Jon-GameExplain was the only of the 4 dudes to mention "Wouldn't they rather show off Erdrick closer to Dragon Quest 11's release date than at E3?"

I don't consider Jon a leaker, but the dude has shown to have insider knowledge at times.

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
Honestly, I could care less whether Banjo or Erdrick gets revealed. I'm just over here by myself sitting in the corner hoping we get something like Zacian or some other Gen 8 Pokemon.

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Calming down now. I do confess I was coming across a bit of selfish clouded by my own bias that I forgot there's people who are fans of Erdrick and would be excited for him. I truly apologize. Its unfortunately an constant habit of mine and one I'm trying to work hard on stopping. Can't say I can make any promises but I'm taking one step at a time to better myself.

The same can be said for other things like how I talk **** on people who wants Goku and such.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Just gonna point out that Jon-GameExplain was the only of the 4 dudes to mention "Wouldn't they rather show off Erdrick closer to Dragon Quest 11's release date than at E3?"
...Holy **** you're right. Good catch.

ThatOneAnon

Smash Ace
I'm just so glad we only have a few days left till Nintendo E3, these dramatic twists in speculation are interesting but I'm so thirsty for actual official info, even if it's underwhelming.
The days before and after the final pre-release Smash Direct were probably the absolute worst days to be a Smash Bros. fan ever. This community divided in a way that we'll probably never actually recover from.
Really, no matter what happens, this community is only going to fracture further. It's best to just judge the next DLC fighter on your own standards.

D

Deleted member

>tfw we only get Erdrick at E3 and we're stuck arguing over Banjo's fate for at least another month
1560041696048.png

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130
How is it leaker vs datamine? If Fighters 2 and 3 were worked on simultaneously, couldn't Brave just be Fighter 3 and Fighter 2 wasn't put into the code? Given how almost all of the code we know about are just placeholders and that they're a simultaneous project, theoretically, both Fighters 2 and 3 could have been Fighter 2, but only one was chosen to be revealed earlier than the other. Does that make sense?
Alright. Let me just go over what I remember of the info. Please correct me if I’m getting anything wrong.

-For the datamine, we had the code for Plant, Joker and Brave. No sign of Fighter 3 at the time.
-We later learn from an interview that Fighter 2 and 3 are being worked on simultaneously.

I would find it kinda weird if Brave isn’t Fighter 2 simply because we’ve known about it longer. Brave being Fighter 3 kinda forced me to ask: “Where is Fighter 2?” when I refer back to the datamine.

Do you kinda get what I’m saying here?

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Not necessarily. It's generally better to only announce/release one character at a time because each reveal or release is a marketing beat that gets new people looking at Smash and potentially buying it, and a lot of news surrounding it. Developing a character is going to cost the same regardless of if you announce them together or alone, may as well get more organic talk about it. But the Smash team could still reveal em both at the same time.

Potato_

Smash Lord

I don't consider Jon a leaker, but the dude has shown to have insider knowledge at times.
STIR THAT POT SHROOB

Jon's an insider no doubt, but he intentionally mixes info he has with his own guesses to make it less obvious. Him being a big advocate for Shadow as an echo fighter is a prime example of that.

It's hard to tell with him as a result. He might know that Erdrick will be revealed later, he might not. It's definitely something to keep in mind though.

He did claim Leon for E3 after all, and as much as I'd want that to happen I doubt it will considering no one else has said the same.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Not necessarily. It's generally better to only announce/release one character at a time because each reveal or release is a marketing beat that gets new people looking at Smash and potentially buying it, and a lot of news surrounding it. Developing a character is going to cost the same regardless of if you announce them together or alone, may as well get more organic talk about it. But the Smash team could still reveal em both at the same time.
I honestly think it would make more sense tho. I mean think of it.

2 and 3 revealed at E3 (Both releases August or September).

Then 4 revealed during August or September (Releases December).

Then the final revealed in December (Releases February 2020).

Wouldn't that better a better pattern?

D

Deleted member

Alright. Let me just go over what I remember of the info. Please correct me if I’m getting anything wrong.

-For the datamine, we had the code for Plant, Joker and Brave. No sign of Fighter 3 at the time.
-We later learn from an interview that Fighter 2 and 3 are being worked on simultaneously.

I would find it kinda weird if Brave isn’t Fighter 2 simply because we’ve known about it longer. Brave being Fighter 3 kinda forced me to ask: “Where is Fighter 2?” when I refer back to the datamine.

Do you kinda get what I’m saying here?
I think I understand. Everyone expected Erdrick first because it's easy to think Brave is Erdrick.

A large source of the confusion is that realistically we should not have seen the fighter codenames at all. It's kind of hard to tell what should be happening with random info that was unintentionally obtained.

And how would that be affected if it turned out Banjo was Brave?
Hypothetically, if Banjo turned out to be Brave, that doesn't immediately discount Vergeben and Tansut, especially Tansut. What will kill Erdrick for me is if we get a SE rep that isn't him.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

Even worse. Banjo gets revealed, meaning that we'll keep debating Erdrick for more than six months. Get ready y'all.

Still pushing for Erdrick
Difference is at least most people here seem to be on board that Erdrick is coming, we just don't know when. Banjo has a lot of uncertainty around him and I kinda just want that band-aid ripped off.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom