• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I find it funny how people still go "absolutely 0% chance". Like... have you even looked at Smash Ultimate? We got a damn Sans costume which looks as good as a proper character. Not to mention Shovel Knight is an Assist Trophy. And those are western indies to boot.
And on the fighter's side we got not only Snake back, but also Simon with a Richter clone and a pretty big music selection, despite Konami being, well... Konami. Same goes for Cloud and not only one, but four different DQ heroes, despite S-E being known for being quite stingy. They also collaborated with Microsoft for Banjo, a direct rival in the console market.

So many people in the past claimed that "*character* is impossible", only to get proven wrong later. You'd think at one point they'd finally learn, yet history keeps repeating itself over and over again. Never count your chickens before they hatch, especially with unpredictable Ultimate has been.
Geno still has a shot.

D

Deleted member

Honestly, I want to just say this(even if it stirs up controversy)
I really, really, don't want pretty much all of the top picks in Smash.
Nothing against Geno, Crash, Sora, or the like, it's just that outside of very few exceptions(Sora, mainly) I don't really care for the characters/don't like them(the latter applies to most of them, in particular Geno, Crash, and Doom Guy)

osby

Smash Obsessed
Look. I get that it’s not a big deal. But when modders can do it with archive audio... I feel like nintendo has no excuse. Sure, they’d still have to pay the guy, but not nearly as much as if they actually had him come in and do new lines.
Nintendo doesn't work with union actors and Steve Burton can't go uncredited for voicing Cloud because of his contract.

It has nothing to do with money.

Fan games and mods don't have to follow legal procedure, so they can do whatever they want, including using someone's voice clips without their consent. Real companies can't.

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
Honestly, I want to just say this(even if it stirs up controversy)
I really, really, don't want pretty much all of the top picks in Smash.
Nothing against Geno, Crash, Sora, or the like, it's just that outside of very few exceptions(Sora, mainly) I don't really care for the characters/don't like them(the latter applies to most of them, in particular Geno, Crash, and Doom Guy)
A lot of people feel that way, but they aren't very vocal about it.

I think it's partly because they aren't really sure what they want anymore. We have Ridley, K. Rool, and Banjo now, so a lot of people are still looking for their next "dream character".

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Nintendo doesn't work with union actors and Steve Burton can't go uncredited for voicing Cloud because of his contract.

It has nothing to do with money.

Fan games and mods don't have to follow legal procedure, so they can do whatever they want, including using someone's voice clips without their consent. Real companies can't.
Didn’t they replace him for the remake? Does the new guy have a similar contract?

And isn’t the reason Nintendo doesn’t do union vo’s BECAUSE of money?

Last edited:

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
In fact, it seems most insiders are giving him a 50% chance at worst.
A 50% chance is too high for any character being discussed right now, including Geno. He still has a chance, but it's definitely not a flip of a coin.

Reminds me of the speculation during the base roster when lots of people were giving him 70% and 80% chances.

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
Y'all are hating on Geno but you gotta admit that his inclusion would ******* break the internet.

I want the guy just because it would be amazing to see him among the other "impossible" and highly requested picks such as Ridley, K. Rool, and Banjo.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
A 50% chance is too high for any character being discussed right now, including Geno. He still has a chance, but it's definitely not a flip of a coin.

Reminds me of the speculation during the base roster when lots of people were giving him 70% and 80% chances.
That’s what insiders are saying, not me.

According to Fatmanonice, a lot of things have come out and whatever for Geno, so most insiders are considering him 50% at worst with only a few still lowballing him.

D

Deleted member

So, do images work now?

Edit: Nope, still stuck with Smashboards.txt

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

Didn’t they replace him for the remake? Does the new guy have a similar contract?

I know your opinion on Nintendo is... less than positive, but the thing is, the whole point of Nintendo(or any other company, really) is to MAKE MONEY. Sure some companies just cut as much costs as possible and vomit out garbage(EA for example) but most try to ,at the very least, deliver on their visions.

My point is that saying "hur dur Nintendo only does it for the Monies" isn't saying much when that's the main point.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
What's the status on the Crash rumor? Also, how's your day been doin'?
I think crash as fighter 5 has been dead for a while now.

My day has been fine. Pretty average honestly. Which for me means kind of bad.
Because of this.

Not looking great for Crash either. Ryu Hayabusa is the only character who hasn't shifted, though he hasn't really shifted in months.
What does he actually have going for him? Has anyone actually leaked him?

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
I know your opinion on Nintendo is... less than positive, but the thing is, the whole point of Nintendo(or any other company, really) is to MAKE MONEY. Sure some companies just cut as much costs as possible and vomit out garbage(EA for example) but most try to ,at the very least, deliver on their visions.

My point is that saying "hur dur Nintendo only does it for the Monies" isn't saying much when that's the main point.
Yeah but NoA has cheapened out on the localization for Smash quite a bit. You saying a multi million dollar company can't spare money to afford specific VAs?

D

Deleted member

It's a genuine criticism as Smash specifically often chooses not to actually localize stuff, as seen with Marth and often reusing voice clips from prior games
I get that. I really do. What I was referring to was Snakefighter saying this:
because making money is the main point of a company, but it's the companies actions(or lack thereof, in the case of EA, for example) that determines if they're ONLY doing it for the money.(For example, the yearly FIFA or COD releases)

Basically, my point is, I agree with Snakefighter, but I disagree with her reasoning.

Last edited by a moderator:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble

because making money is the main point of a company, but it's the companies actions(or lack thereof, in the case of EA, for example) that determines if they're ONLY doing it for the money.(For example, the yearly FIFA or COD releases)

That doesn't sound right because everyone is doing it for the money. A more polished game means better reviews alongside the brand recognition which allows for, y'know, money. Money is also the reason Hero went from base game to DLC

D

Deleted member

That doesn't sound right because everyone is doing it for the money. A more polished game means better reviews alongside the brand recognition which allows for, y'know, money. Money is also the reason Hero went from base game to DLC
THAT'S MY ****ING POINT.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Seriously, for every character with dialogue they went out of their way to dub them this time. Except Cloud (and Hero and Mewtwo on technicalities). It just looks... bad. It makes them look cheap.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom