• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Meanwhile I actually own Mach Rider on the 3DS VC lol. It took me an embarrassingly long time to realize I could shift gears.

D

Deleted member

Imagine, you could only main someone if you played one of their games, or a game in which they are playable/a boss.

Lucas, Ice Climbers and maybe Ness eventually disappear into the ether. Never to be heard from again.
Imagine trying to pick Hero in a tournament and the TO comes up to you asking for your Hero license

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Wait that sounds wrong I'm pretty sure thsy leak said it happened midway through the story
Nope the implication is that it’s the start of the game.

we have seen the opening sequence too in the trailers which also seems to de-confirm it.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
If you read the leak opossum posted a few days ago, this was one of the points:
The leak says the game opens up with Leon battling marnie and her jellicent loses upsetting team yell who set out to investigate.

however according to game informer’s preview, the person Leon is fighting is a Gym leader we haven’t seen called raihan

So the leaks dead.
That's not what the leak said though.

The leak never specified when the match happened. Saying it was the opening was speculation as to potential evidence. In other words, all this changes is that something I thought was evidence wasn't. I made that clear in the original post.

D

Deleted member

If you read the leak opossum posted a few days ago, this was one of the points:
The leak says the game opens up with Leon battling marnie and her jellicent loses upsetting team yell who set out to investigate.

however according to game informer’s preview, the person Leon is fighting is a Gym leader we haven’t seen called raihan

So the leaks dead.
Ah, thanks for the write-up.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
I wonder how Arby's is still in business.
Arby's is dying?

I hope not because I'm a special customer at the only Arby's in my city which the manager is good friends with my dad and gives me a special veggie sandwich. I'd be sad to see it go. Especially its delicious curly fries and shakes.

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
That's not what the leak said though.

The leak never specified when the match happened. Saying it was the opening was speculation as to potential evidence. In other words, all this changes is that something I thought was evidence wasn't. I made that clear in the original post.
How many times do you think we would actually see Leon battle though? It feels unlikely we see it more then the opening. Especially when that point heavily implies it’s what kick starts the team yell and marnie story. It doesn’t make sense any other way tbh

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Literally the only characters I'd be able to play as are the Mario cast, the Pokemon characters, the ones from Zelda, and Shulk (but just barely, because of his cameo role in XB2). As far as mains go, I'd just have Mega Man, Zelda, and Shulk, and that's about it.

Dunno why some people have to get so uppity and elitist about who to request as if playing their home game/series even means anything. Oh how dare we root for characters because we think they're cool!? Shame! Shame on us!

Tried them once, hated their sandwiches. Gave them a second chance, immediately regretted it.

Speaking of which, how is Subway still in business? Their sandwiches are tasteless and completely and utterly terrible!
I think it shouldn't mean much either. Luckily most of the characters I like and shill for I HAVE played their games anyway. It's why I think Jin or Mega Man X could be cool additions.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I show my Kamen Rider belts and they tremble in fear for disrespecting the real heroes
View attachment 242707

Fun fact, the context here is Kamen Rider getting ready to **** up a nazi vampire who targets children
Imma be honest that sounds really dumb but I like the excessive-ness of "Vampire Nazi Pedophile" so I give it a pass

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
How many times do you think we would actually see Leon battle though? It feels unlikely we see it more then the opening. Especially when that point heavily implies it’s what kick starts the team yell and marnie story. It doesn’t make sense any other way tbh
They could just start off as regular toxic football fans causing issues then the Leon thing happens that makes them continuously escalate into the equivalent of Football Ultras tbf.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Imma be honest that sounds really dumb but I like the excessive-ness of "Vampire Nazi Pedophile" so I give it a pass
Ah **** I forgot that the nazi vampire pedophile was also a priest at a church
I like all of the Riders and warring factions okay

also it's nice to have a Rider series not beholden to the two part formula

urobuchi sucks tho
Allow me to introduce you to Zero One, which didn't only make the most competent Rider from the get go a woman but is tackling work automation, segregation, capitalism and seemingly military issues. Only 7 episodes so far but I have high ass hopes

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Oh, yeah. I've had Arby's before. Twas okay. A&W's is another story. Awesome food. I love the Root Beer floats~

StormC

Smash Hero
Allow me to introduce you to Zero One, which didn't only make the most competent Rider from the get go a woman but is tackling work automation, segregation, capitalism and seemingly military issues. Only 7 episodes so far but I have high *** hopes
Oh dope, I'll definitely check it out. I've been out of the loop on toku stuff for the last few years.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Also the image leak has another point in its favor that the previews confirm.

In the train station there is a carpet with Butterfree, charziard, Pikachu, eevee, Gengar and machamp.

It’s pretty obvious but this should easily imply/confirm gigantamax forms for the later two.
Which the image leak has a four armed machamp on it.
So extra point for it there

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Subway will always be my favorite fast food restaurant. I love me my veggie subs.

Otherwise not counting fast-food I'd say Wacky's is my favorite. They've got a great selection of food especially desserts.

Last edited:

MBRedboy31

Smash Lord
Imagine trying to pick Hero in a tournament and the TO comes up to you asking for your Hero license
And, you have to back up the license by bringing a copy of one of the games you’ve played from the series.

And, if it’s a download copy, you have to bring the entire console. It’s especially fun if it’s a download game on a PS or Xbox console since you’d need to plug it into a TV and everything, too.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble

In the train station there is a carpet with Butterfree, charziard, Pikachu, eevee, Gengar and machamp.

It’s pretty obvious but this should easily imply/confirm gigantamax forms for the later two.
Tbh collage actually has mentioned this is possible
Oh dope, I'll definitely check it out. I've been out of the loop on toku stuff for the last few years.
Also they got Takeiwa out of the protag suit so Zero One is agile as ****. Takeiwa's playing the main villain now though which is somehow more exciting

Shadowwolflink

Smash Master

Six armed Machamp*

With a third set of arms instead of legs

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
I found a comparison of how many Pokémon were revealed in a new generation in the month before the first core game pair were released:

Sun and Moon (2016)
- 53 of 81 Pokémon revealed
- 12 of 18 Alolan forms revealed

Sword and Shield (2019)
- 20 of ??? Pokémon revealed
- 4 of ??? Galarian forms revealed

Even though we don't know how much SwSh have, there's definitely a difference here.
Looking at Serebii, they actually revealed even more then that.

According to the list there, the only Pokemon not revealed were Trumbeak, Toucannon, Salazzle, Golisopod, Shiinotic, Toxipex, Dewpider, Araquanid, Crabominable, Dhelmise, Cosmoem, and Marshadow. Maraenie also wasn't properly revealed, but did leak through official material (the TCG). Out of the Ultra Beasts, we didn't get Kartana and Celesteela, both of which were actually revealed on release day. Finally, with Alolan forms the only one we didn't get was the Alolan Geodude line.

To put that into perspective, we had 13 Pokémon including Mareanie (one of which was an Event), two Ultra Beasts, and three Alolan forms that weren't revealed at all in SM's pre-release period. That's 91 out of 108 new designs that they revealed, not including the special events like Ash-Greninja and the Zygarde forms. Even looking back now after the slow period that SwSh has been, you can definitely make the argument that SM overplayed their hand.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
They could just start off as regular toxic football fans causing issues then the Leon thing happens that makes them continuously escalate into the equivalent of Football Ultras tbf.
Think about it though:

Marnie has a specifically ambiguous back story from Pokémon. She has a fan club already at the start of the game. (You encounter team yell and her in the first city before the first gym)

how does this girl get a fan club? Especially one who loves her battles? She very obviously has to be an incredibly skilled trainer for these two weeks hints to happen. She also wouldn’t be able to fight Leon otherwise unless she beat the league.
So that statement by the leaker has to be how this starts out, it doesn’t make sense in this scenario for it to happen anywhere else. I could be wrong, but honestly I doubt it. The image leak is stronger and I’ve been around the rumors scene for Pokémon for years. AMA ones don’t pan out and this just doesn’t scream likely imo. Who knows though.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom