• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Opossum Opossum Seedot was pretty much confirmed btw

You don’t see it, but you can hear it at around 1:06

MY BABY. THAT'S MY BABY.

Seedot is back and I'm so damn happy. Now for Ursaring, Sawsbuck, and Klefki.
Also Noi there's evidence now for a huge leak so be vigilant.

StormC

Smash Hero
*Hilda and Lysithea are placed above Edelgard*

Like they should be.
do you think edelgard had girl power when she committed war crimes

I just want to post this

Last edited:

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
So I think I found Gamefreak's reasoning for cutting certain starters:

As an apology, we're debating taking all the starters out of Pokémon Sword and Pokémon Shield. For instance, one play tester thought Rowlet was a little scary, so we'll probably remove it as a Pokémon. Someone else swore he remembered reading something about somebody getting hurt by a crocodile once. And that sounded scary. So probably no more Totodile either. Then Dracula called from the Hospital. "Hey guys," he said. "Charizard is pretty scary." Well, now, that must've been something else talking. So we're adding more Charizard just to be safe.

Try and find the thing I used as an inspiration for this post.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
The only other problem I have with that “leak” is:
Scorbunny being fire steel. That’s a big jump from the one hundred percent right affleck leak that says it’s pure fire, doesn’t even mention fighting. So I don’t see how fire steel is right but the fully right leak so far somehow got that wrong. Statistically speaking that’s very unlikely.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305

drag0nscythe

Smash Master
Is it true the remaster of tokyo mirage fe ia censored garbage also? I was hoping to play it, but i dont support censorship .

Ivander

Smash Legend
Is it true the remaster of tokyo mirage fe ia censored garbage also? I was hoping to play it, but i dont support censorship .
Moreso the Remaster is the same as the US one, but the Japanese remaster adopted the changes, meaning the Japanese remaster and the English remaster are now the same.

Last edited:

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Basically they're adding the censorship changes to the international version to the Japanese version.

So hey, look at it this way-
At least it's equal now.

Guys, remember when this game was about genocidal alignment wars mixed with a strategy fantasy war sim and not whether teenagers should be allowed to show skin.

Last edited:

StormC

Smash Hero
Guess you agree with blizzard shutting down hong Kong protests.
No, because they aren't the same. Good job trying to compare an anime fanservice game to speaking out against a fascist authoritarian regime though.

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
The only other problem I have with that “leak” is:
Scorbunny being fire steel. That’s a big jump from the one hundred percent right affleck leak that says it’s pure fire, doesn’t even mention fighting. So I don’t see how fire steel is right but the fully right leak so far somehow got that wrong. Statistically speaking that’s very unlikely.
AMA Leaker explained that what the Affleck leaker likely saw was the middle evolutions, which are monotype.

D

Deleted member

Guess you agree with blizzard shutting down hong Kong protests.
Ah yes, because changing something in a game is totally equal to banning/silencing people for speaking about an important real-life issue

Last edited by a moderator:

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
Somebody wanna sauce me that Pokémon leak?

For whatever reason leaks don’t bother me anymore. I’ve been teaching all day and didn’t have a chance to check it out!

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
in japan they don't say "i love you", they say "terry bogard will release for super smash bros. ultimate on november 6th" and i think that's really sweet

StormC

Smash Hero
So it is "only speech i agree with" kind of thing. I get it. Sexy bad. Ok. Got it.
You're being obtuse.

A game company deciding how to release their content is not censorship. Censorship is an active suppression of news, information, or opinions. It's censorship in the same way releasing the game with English text and not Japanese text is censorship.

A real life person speaking out against a government and having their opinion silenced and punished is censorship.

Also get the **** out of here with acting like dialing down the sexualization of teenagers is a moral controversy. I have family that fled Hong Kong to avoid the CCP. Don't you dare invoke that situation to make your point more agreeable. You're spineless and you should be ashamed of yourself.

drag0nscythe

Smash Master
I love sexy

But I couldn't care less if a video game gets censored or not as long as it doesn't change the plot or gameplay.
I do care. No cuts.
Just additions.

You're being obtuse.

A game company deciding how to release their content is not censorship. Censorship is an active suppression of news, information, or opinions. It's censorship in the same way releasing the game with English text and not Japanese text is censorship.

A real life person speaking out against a government and having their opinion silenced and punished is censorship.

Also get the **** out of here with acting like dialing down the sexualization of teenagers is a moral controversy. I have family that fled Hong Kong to avoid the CCP. Don't you dare invoke that situation to make your point more agreeable. You're spineless and you should be ashamed of yourself.
I have family in hong kong right now. Your point?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom