• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
to be fair, if you wern't a hardcore Pokemon fan, you probably wouldn't be aware that Lucario is part Steel type just by looking at it's design alone.
I doubt mr affleck isn’t someone heavily involved in Pokémon. He seemed to have access to a lot of it if not the game itself considering they mentioned enjoy al they’ve gotten to see, and didn’t plan on leaking it originally. They very likely work on these games in some shape of form and if he has enough knowledge to distinguish the other types of the starters, I’m sure he knows his facts.

nothing about the affleck leak was blatant speculation, he fully knew everything he said was right. There is no way he would be wrong on the typings

Last edited:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
All I care about those talk of censoring female design is whatever or not the girls got their abs censored or not if they have one.

'cuz let me tell ya, if that get censored, then we truly live a in a society.
>When Edelgard is the most popular character, but you win all the polls consistently.

View attachment 242443
uhhhhh, can I take this image for the sake of helping me for future debates?

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
yeah so Hop already has a Wooloo with him before getting a starter alongside you, so I'm not sure if he just pulls out the birb and leaves Wooloo out of the battle or not if the leak is real.
View attachment 242446Honestly this sounds like a convenient and bull **** excuse because:
View attachment 242444
Mr affleck has seen the final form for scorbunny, he just didn’t know it’s name. He says it looks like a fighting type, but isn’t.
Given the fire and fighting looks it be pretty hard to justify the leaker thinking affleck mistook a fire and steel type for for a fighting and fire type!
Didn't the leaker say the final evolution had metal boots/feet or something? The Affleck leaker probably didn't see or remember the typing and didn't make the connection with the feet if he even remembered the exact design, since he only remembered "it looks like a fighter, but isn't".

Last edited:

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
View attachment 242452
How Could a fire steel type possible resemble a fighting steel type, or even a fighter in general?
This feels like a very unlikely outcome
Type combinations don't have set design intricacies.
Incineroar is Fire/Dark even though it also passes as a Fighting type easily as proven by many people's reactions before we knew the actual typing.

osby

Smash Obsessed
Something something ignore button exists.

Japan has "We love the main character" syndrome and Dimitri is unquestionably the main lord.
Isn't it Edelgard? And by that logic, you can chalk up her popularity as US having "we love antagonists" syndrome.

Double K

Smash Lord
Companies wouldn't have to """"censor"""" a character's design if they could give the character a design that wouldn't have to be """"censored"""" in the first place.
(Pssst, in case you're unaware, multiple quotations like that are used as an anti-semitic dog whistle)

Different countries have different sensibilities. NMH1 was actually gored up for the west because things like that are unacceptable in Japan. Violence, sexuality, imagery, religion are all arbitrarily adjusted depending on what nation you're in.

I had interest. But censorship killed it. Same teason why i did not buy so many wii u games. I would have loved fatal frame wii u. But they censored it. Like we are children. But seems some people are fine with that.
I mean, from how you're acting, you are a child.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
My dude
The collage leak didn't say RabbitRabbit looked like Lucario, just that they both don't look like steel types but somehow are. Learn to read
That’s not even close to what I was saying. People were using lucario as an example of something that doesn’t look like a steel type, which honestly I’ve never gotten why.

those spikes and knuckles always screamed steel type to me and I played shinnoh when I was like 12. Not to mention the fact you get it in a mine.
My point is the affleck leaker knows fire fighting and as something people hated, but he reassured that it is pure fire. I really doubt he doesn’t know what he’s talking about there

StormC

Smash Hero
(Pssst, in case you're unaware, multiple quotations like that are used as an anti-semitic dog whistle)
Can you clarify this? I'm Jewish and this is the first time I'm hearing this. I thought it was just brackets?

drag0nscythe

Smash Master
yes but how. i aint good at anything to even help with that
That i am sure is not true. For one, you have a girlfriend. Means you are good with people. Look for success and you will find it. Sounds cliche , but little wins. That is what i do.

Different countries have different sensibilities. NMH1 was actually gored up for the west because things like that are unacceptable in Japan. Violence, sexuality, imagery, religion are all arbitrarily adjusted depending on what nation you're in.

I mean, from how you're acting, you are a child.
Worse then a child. Bored.

Last edited:

Double K

Smash Lord
Something something ignore button exists.

Isn't it Edelgard? And by that logic, you can chalk up her popularity as US having "we love antagonists" syndrome.
Yeah, Dimitri is designated main character while Edelgard is the one who gives the full story context.

Can you clarify this? I'm Jewish and this is the first time I'm hearing this. I thought it was just brackets?
... I'm stupid and got them mixed up. whoops.

D

Deleted member

I mean, going strictly by design, Decidueye doesn't really scream Ghost-type to me either. Or how Solgaleo, the literal sun Pokemon, isn't fire. And just earlier we had Fairy Psychic Ponyta. Basically, a Pokemon's type isn't always obvious at first glance.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
That’s not even close to what I was saying. People were using lucario as an example of something that doesn’t look like a steel type, which honestly I’ve never gotten why.

those spikes and knuckles always screamed steel type to me and I played shinnoh when I was like 12. Not to mention the fact you get it in a mine.
My point is the affleck leaker knows fire fighting and as something people hated, but he reassured that it is pure fire. I really doubt he doesn’t know what he’s talking about there
Spikes are such a minor detail there that it's easily missed, not to mention Pokemon ALWAYS has weird typings. For example, why the actual **** is Necrozma not a rock type? It looks like a huge rock, it's based off of a prism rock, it learns rock moves like rock polish, but it isn't a rock

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Type combinations don't have set design intricacies.
Incineroar is Fire/Dark even though it also passes as a Fighting type easily as proven by many people's reactions before we knew the actual typing.
Yes but affleck said he physically saw what it looked like and it’s type.

also I see don’t get how people couldn’t tell from the incenroar concept art leak pretty much sold that it was dark type.

the scare of the fighting type came from people’s lack of faith in game freak imo rather then just the design. Because fire fighting was still a huge meme then

D

Deleted member

Okay, I don't want to get involved in this argument(especially considering how drag0nscythe drag0nscythe is acting atm) so I'm leaving for a bit. see ya!

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
I thought it was triple brackets?
Better safe than sorry though.

That's true but when it comes to minors there really should be a limit no-one goes beyond.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I mean, going strictly by design, Decidueye doesn't really scream Ghost-type to me either. Or how Solgaleo, the literal sun Pokemon, isn't fire. And just earlier we had Fairy Psychic Ponyta. Basically, a Pokemon's type isn't always obvious at first glance.
The sun isn’t fire. It’s superheated plasma and gas. And it’s primary elemental component is iron.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I think Decidueye's ghost typing is based in folklore about stilt owls, the bird it's based on, but I'm too lazy to look it up

Double K

Smash Lord
Decidueye's ghost typing is obvious when you're into animal taxonomy and ID the fact that the Rowlet line goes from common owl -> Endagered -> Extinct

SuMo's Pokemon design was on point for stuff like this

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Spikes are such a minor detail there that it's easily missed, not to mention Pokemon ALWAYS has weird typings. For example, why the actual **** is Necrozma not a rock type? It looks like a huge rock, it's based off of a prism rock, it learns rock moves like rock polish, but it isn't a rock
That one is actually kind of explained:
Like Deoxys it’s an alien that crashed into earth. It’s like a rock but it technically isn’t since it’s not from earth and Pokémon lines to put the space theme first above any other type.

plus it converts that light in psychic energy. I’d say it’s psychic over rock because alien, just like Deoxys. Although Deoxys doesn’t have any other type justifications to be fair.

StormC

Smash Hero
Decidueye's ghost typing is obvious when you're into animal taxonomy and ID the fact that the Rowlet line goes from common owl -> Endagered -> Extinct

All the Grass starters are based on extinct animals though, so it wouldn't be some big clue that it was part Ghost.

I'm glad that it was though, a legit swerve. Still my favorite Grass starter.

Diem

Agent of Phaaze
NNID
Luminoth_Prime
My opinion: If you want to have ridiculously skimpy outfits on the characters in your game or show, that's fine as long as it fits the character and narrative, e.g. Bayonetta, where it's appropriate for the story and person wearing it.

If you just throw skimpy outfits on characters for the sake of it, despite it not matching their personality or the story, then get out of here. The drama and emotions of a serious scene in a story are kind of difficult to take seriously when characters are standing around without any pants on and their cleavage being focused on. Looking at you Xenoblade Chronicles 2 and hundreds of other anime/anime games.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
That one is actually kind of explained:
Like Deoxys it’s an alien that crashed into earth. It’s like a rock but it technically isn’t since it’s not from earth and Pokémon lines to put the space theme first above any other type.

plus it converts that light in psychic energy. I’d say it’s psychic over rock because alien, just like Deoxys. Although Deoxys doesn’t have any other type justifications to be fair.
What.
So being a magical space rock means it's... Not a rock? It's a Pure Psychic, when it should be a Psychic Rock. It looks like a rock, it acts like a rock, it is a goddamned rock yet because it's from space it's no longer a rock? Nah chief this ain't it

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946

This on top of the hood covering its face, and the Robin Hood inspiration. It conveys that they are a stealthy Pokémon that moves through shadows so they can’t be seen and their face must remain hidden to keep the stealth up.

pretty much everything about the design I love. It’s a great concept

drag0nscythe

Smash Master
My opinion: If you want to have ridiculously skimpy outfits on the characters in your game or show, that's fine as long as it fits the character and narrative, e.g. Bayonetta, where it's appropriate for the story and person wearing it.

If you just throw skimpy outfits on characters for the sake of it, despite it not matching their personality or the story, then get out of here. The drama and emotions of a serious scene in a story are kind of difficult to take seriously when characters are standing around without any pants on and their cleavage being focused on. Looking at you Xenoblade Chronicles 2 and hundreds of other anime/anime games.
I can agree with this. I saw tm:fe as an idol game. Which does that.

But that is a fair assessment.

Oh and extra content fan service i am fine with if can be toggled.

Last edited:
The starters. No spoiler needed. Just that I do not like what that Leak says the spoilers are.

Sorry bout that. I didn’t know your didn’t want to be spoiled.
Oh don't worry it's not that bad, i don't mind a few minor spoilers here and there.

But judging from your post it seemed pretty huge/controversial-ish so i'm not sure i want to know about it.

So yeah, going back to the shadows.

Poof!

Last edited:

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend

To be fair, he only said Scorbunny is pure fire and didn't mention the evolutions' typings. He only remembered the names of every Sobble evolution, too, and didn't mention their typings nor Grookey's evolutions' names and typings.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

The sun isn’t fire. It’s superheated plasma and gas.
Solrock, checkmate. I'm talking about Pokemon, not real life science and in such settings the sun is usually attibuted to fire. See Sunny Day, for example.

I think Decidueye's ghost typing is based in folklore about stilt owls, the bird it's based on, but I'm too lazy to look it up
That might bee true, but I'm talking about first glance here. I don't think a lot of people who see Decidueye for the first time will immediately think "that's a ghost, alright". Most people will just see it as a Grass/Flying type, like it's pre-evos, due to being a grassy owl.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom