• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
Idk if we’ll get a character, but I wonder if they’ll be like, “Surprise! Here’s a Direct tomorrow!”

Doubt it, and i’m not able to watch currently. But it would be cool.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Sakurai walks on stage:
“Hi all mashiro Sakurai here! I’m here to announce that there won’t be any smash character announcements this E3! Thank you for understanding sand please enjoy our game!”

D

Deleted member

Idk if we’ll get a character, but I wonder if they’ll be like, “Surprise! Here’s a Direct tomorrow!”

Doubt it, and i’m not able to watch currently. But it would be cool.
That's what I'm hoping for. I doubt the stage is going to turn dark and then they suddenly reveal Artorias from Cuphead.

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130
Tbh, half the reason I’m watching this is because I kinda want some announcement, even an announcement of an announcement.

The other half is because I’m bored.

Shroob

Sup?
Tbh, half the reason I’m watching this is because I kinda want some announcement, even an announcement of an announcement.

The other half is because I’m bored.
An announcement of an announcement is what I expect at most.

But I don't think we're getting anything and are just waiting til Tuesday at this point.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Sakurai walks on stage:
“Hi all mashiro Sakurai here! I’m here to announce that there won’t be any smash character announcements this E3! Thank you for understanding sand please enjoy our game!”
"Never ask me for anything ever again"

Wunderwaft

Smash Master
I wonder if Squad Strike might make the meta even more centered around Peach/Daisy, since they're already top tier and would mean you would only have to master 2 characters movesets instead of 3 if pick both of them.
It would be uncharted territory for Smash meta. It's something that utilizes the huge roster of over 70 characters, so you'll have to think of multiple different character combinations that fit different roles.

BlueMonk

Smash Champion
It would be uncharted territory for Smash meta. It's something that utilizes the huge roster of over 70 characters, so you'll have to think of multiple different character combinations that fit different roles.
the issue with making squad strike the norm is that in order to play at a competitive level you'd have to be able to play three different characters or more at a high level. It would make it a lot more difficult to get into the competitive scene, considering that most players learn to use one character really well and maybe have a secondary.

Last edited:

Wunderwaft

Smash Master
the issue with making squad strike the norm is that in order to play at a competitive level you'd have to be able to play three different characters or more at a high level. It would make it a lot more difficult to get into the competitive scene, considering that most players learn to use one character really well and maybe have a secondary.
I get what you mean, but well, if it worked for Marvel vs Capcom then I think it may work for Smash as well.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
A lot of players have more than one character in ultimate. It's good to have pockets for bad matchups too.

Last edited:

BlueMonk

Smash Champion
A lot of players have more than one character in ultimate. It's good to have pockets for bad matchups too.
True, but most players will still have one character that they provide extra focus too. With squad strike the average player would be expected to have be good with at least three characters, likely even more. It's possible but it'd be a lot of work and would scare away a lot of people from the scene.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom