• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Okay, I recognize 3 of the 4. Rhino, Electro, and Green Goblin. Who is the other one again? Is he not a traditional Spider-Man Villain and more tied to the X-Men?
Pretty sure it's Scorpion. The green one, not the yellow one.

King Sonnn DeDeDoo

Smash Champion
What if Smash has rival battles and intro and outdo cutscenes like Street Fighter or PSASBR? What would they be like? Who would be who’s rival?
:ultrobin: and :ultganondorf: would actually be good rivals due the spirits of evil gods living within them, with Ganondorf accepting it and Robin defying it.

:ultsnake: and :ultmewtwo: due to both of them being clones bred for combat, plus the parallel to Psycho Mantis would be cool.

:ultwiifittrainer: and :ultwario: due to Wii Fit Trainer trying to chance Wario's unhealthy lifestyle choices.

D

Deleted member

Okay, I recognize 3 of the 4. Rhino, Electro, and Green Goblin. Who is the other one again? Is he not a traditional Spider-Man Villain and more tied to the X-Men?
Pretty sure it's Vulture
Was EAs conference as bad as last year for E3?
Worse, probably. It was a mix of games that we already knew about, games that are already out, and new sports titles. The only thing we really got out of it was a litte bit of Fallen Order gameplay.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
It's the Vulture. He has the white feather trim. In the 60's show, he had a mask/helmet of some kind he normally doesn't have.
Ohhhhhh. Yeah, he looks really strange in that one. You can't really tell his headpiece well in that image. The rest are extremely blatant in comparison. The green clothing and ears for Green Goblin, Rhino's horn, Electro's mask...

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
:ultrobin: and :ultganondorf: would actually be good rivals due the spirits of evil gods living within them, with Ganondorf accepting it and Robin defying it.

:ultsnake: and :ultmewtwo: due to both of them being clones bred for combat, plus the parallel to Psycho Mantis would be cool.

:ultwiifittrainer: and :ultwario: due to Wii Fit Trainer trying to chance Wario's unhealthy lifestyle choices.
Dude. :ultwiifittrainer: Vs :ultdoc: It’s so obvious

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Dunno about anyone else but I'm enjoying the 1v1 matches more than the 2v2 fights.

King Sonnn DeDeDoo

Smash Champion
Dunno about anyone else but I'm enjoying the 1v1 matches more than the 2v2 fights.
I think having it be time mode 2v2 really kills it. With time 1v1 you can still keep track whose ahead since you only have two players, but with time 2v2 it's really hard to keep track whose all died and who is ahead, thus each kill kind of lacks impact to the viewer.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
All we should be looking for is for what characters win the tournament, and if they're in danger of being under the nerf hammer.

I don't think there'll be a character announcement

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Semi-Finals are here!
What do you think will happen?

Last edited by a moderator:

Shroob

Sup?
I'm expecting very little from this.

If there was, you'd think Nintendo would have amped up the "HEY GUYS, WATCH THIS" factor.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I remember the last Nintendo event tournament had a few Mega Man and Ridley players. That was pretty cool.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Because the majority of people are using characters commonly considered as at least high tier in the competitive community.

K. Rool and Ridley ain’t high tier.
So what your saying is they are sheep to teir lists?
Whats the fun in sticking to high tier characters you see every match?

Last edited:

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130
The players here are treating this as an actual competitive tourney despite the ruleset.

So you’re obviously gonna see more high tier characters instead of arguably less viable characters.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Winning's pretty fun for people.

But I'd be lying if I didn't want to see more characters. Of course with how tierlists work, it's based on results, but if we don't much experimentation, who's to say what kind of tech some characters might have up their sleeves.

Last edited:

OnyanRings

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-4662-0014-5533
"so guys, let's move on to the next ma- Ah, i just got word that "Moosey Man" in the chat wants us to turn the items off, please stay tuned while we change the ruleset !"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom